RTE Six-One news, to have Keelin Shanley as a co-host!

ShoutingIsLeadership

Seriously, is this a wind-up?

In my opinion, Shanley is unsuitable for any form of serious news show. Having regularly listened to her on Late Debate and at times on the News at One, I found that she was unable to properly interrogate her guests. To put it one way, she would swallow a brick. She doesn't appear to me to have a proper journalistic nose.

She's grand on magazine shows and doing voice-over work, but not this.

Caitriona Perry, will co-host.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/revealed-new-all-female-lineup-for-new-rt-six-one-news-as-sharon-n-bheolain-lands-new-role-on-crimecall-36263541.html

artfoley56

In my opinion, Shanley is unsuitable for any form of serious news show. Having regularly listened to her on Late Debate and at times on the News at One, I found that she was unable to properly interrogate her guests. To put it one way, she would swallow a brick. She doesn't appear to me to have a proper journalistic nose.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/revealed-new-all-female-lineup-for-new-rt-six-one-news-as-sharon-n-bheolain-lands-new-role-on-crimecall-36263541.html
Katie hannon should've gotten the gig

Bea C

Disappointing, true.

Vega1447

swallow a what?

silverharp

they mostly read a script, does it matter? its not like a rolling news show where they can be more flexible

Betson

Will all those giving out about gender balance at Newtalk be now having go at RTE, all their newscasters on both main news broadcasts are now female.

Most news News broadcasters go for a male/female mix but RTE have decided to go uber PC. Not much diversity from the national broadcaster, given that they sure talk about diversity a lot and are not slow to have ago at others for a perceived lack of diversity.

Volatire

That's terrible. Proper interrogation is so important.

Maximus Cynicus

Will all those giving out about gender balance at Newtalk be now having go at RTE, all their newscasters on both main news broadcasts are now female.

Most news News broadcasters go for a male/female mix but RTE have decided to go uber PC. Not much diversity from the national broadcaster, given that they sure talk about diversity a lot and are not slow to have ago at others for a perceived lack of diversity.
Wow, you must have a death-wish. Are you not aware yet that "gender balance" only works one way? What if two MALE presenters were appointed? By Jaysus, the sistas would have a field day whingin' about that one...............

silverharp

Sky are worse pretty much all women and one effeminate male who plays second fiddle

borntorum

Well Una Mullally is happy, so that's the main thing

ruserious

For those worried about gender balance from a male perspective; at least the taxpayer will be paying these ladies less.

silverharp

For those worried about gender balance from a male perspective; at least the taxpayer will be paying these ladies less.
ba dum tish :D

pumpkinpie

As a woman I have to say that I find it a bit sad that RTE have decided to discriminate against men and virtue signal with an all woman team. I don't know who the other one is, but Catriona Perry always came across as amateurish and wooden, a poor choice for the role in my opinion.

bokuden

The are not great journalists, but are perfectly good as new presenters. Two different things.

HenryHorace

I don't pay the licence fee so they can do what they want imo.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies