RTE Staff to undergo "diversity training" by outside agency

Dame_Enda

Is this about Political Correctness or simply making staff more diverse? These programs in US universities tend to be Trojan Horses for censorsing conservative view on immigration, abortion and other social issues.

RTE is already obsessed with diversity and "anti racism", which more often than not is about dissing people with concerns about immigration as "racist". Newstalk is much more PC though, as I recall from their badgering of the Hungarian Foreign Minister during an interview on Lunchtime about the Hungarian border fence.

I hope this outside agency is not involved with the likes of UC Berkeley because if so its going to be bad for free speech.

The Field Marshal

RTE can not be trusted any more.

DaveM

Is this about Political Correctness or simply making staff more diverse? These programs in US universities tend to be Trojan Horses for censorsing conservative view on immigration, abortion and other social issues.

RTE is already obsessed with diversity and "anti racism", which more often than not is about dissing people with concerns about immigration as "racist". Newstalk is much more PC though, as I recall from their badgering of the Hungarian Foreign Minister during an interview on Lunchtime about the Hungarian border fence.
Exactly correct. You've blown the conspiracy wide open. I for one welcome our new one legged transgender lesbian muslim social welfare dependent single parent overlords....

former wesleyan

Aloo akhbar ! Spuds are great !

Happycamping

I hope this outside agency is not involved with the likes of UC Berkeley because if so its going to be bad for free speech.
Would you be interested in the training yourself?

stopdoingstuff

Would you be interested in the training yourself?
Back when I was in corporate land, gender sensitivity training and diversity training were compulsory. It is the sort of thing you just sit through and then get on with your actual job.

Morgellons

You see, this is it. There's people out there working hard, day-in day-out, driving buses, working in factories, nursing the sick, whatever, and they are paying into a system which has been hijacked and now promotes this kind of rubbish in public institutions. Some right-on sociology graduates coming in and spreading a load of poisonous propaganda and invoicing big time for it. No wonder people are sick of it all. No wonder they voted for Trump.

silverharp

As a one legged black islamic lesbian I approve of this, they have to hire me now or Ill sue them

A Voice

Lesson 2 in the diversity training manual is "When you come across a Rotherham-style mass grooming and raping story, run the fnck away from it."

It's an ass-covering exercise. If someone claims sexual harassment RTE will point to the fact that they provided training and thus have no liability. Lots of companies do the same.

PeaceGoalie

To be trained assumes the trainer has anything worthwhile to train you in. In this case, it is a false assumption

Mick Mac

Wikileaks has an excerpt up.

This is Fine Gael and Fianna Fail. They are parties in past governments and effectively in govt. today.

But, remember there are other parties and its not okay to pretend they dont exist or could never be in governement without the cliffs of moher being sold off to North Korea.

Similarly, this is Dublin. If you look closely you will see there is more land outside it. Study this carefully.

Roll_On

To be trained assumes the trainer has anything worthwhile to train you in. In this case, it is a false assumption
Not true, you could go to safe pass training for example to work in the construction industry. You can sit there and, not understanding a word of English, be handed your safe pass at the end of the day. Now off you go to operate heavy machinery.

The whole training industry is 90% a non-value adding product. At least in this case odds are nobody will die as a result.

OrderoftheDragon

Rte is already leading a liberal/mass immigration crusade against the country completely out of step with the majority of the country.

The place is so diverse, that some of them can decide if they are straight/gay/trans/male/female on a particular day depending which side of the bed they wake up.

Who is giving the training and what connections do they have in rte ?

Mick Mac

Not true, you could go to safe pass training for example to work in the construction industry. You can sit there and, not understanding a word of English, be handed your safe pass at the end of the day. Now off you go to operate heavy machinery.

The whole training industry is 90% a non-value adding product. At least in this case odds are nobody will die as a result.
There is a lot of truth to this. Depends on the training but so much of it is pointless.

Mick

Dame_Enda

I have no problem with a more ethnically diverse presenters but I wont support bringing in BLM types with their rants about "genocide" I heard a Black woman going on about outside the protest of the Gavin McInness visit.

Roll_On

I have no problem with a more ethnically diverse presenters but I wont support bringing in BLM types with their rants about "genocide" I heard a Black woman going on about outside the protest of the Gavin McInness visit.
The media and the facebookers of the extreme left seem to have largely abandoned BLM and distanced themselves from the whole thing.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies