RTÉ touting an IMF takeover

Cael

I see RTÉ is talking up the benefits of an IMF takeover, by showing how great the IMF have been for Latvia. The Latvian ruling classes think it was a great move. Not much on the horrific state of the poor, or the numbers of Latvian girls who have been driven into brothels all over Europe. Ah well, if the ruling class are all right, well, that's all that matters...

No racism in this thread - so it will probably be considered "off topic."

culmore

If RTE are talking it up it must be coming from the Government getting the people ready with the help of their friends in RTE

constitutionus

it definetly looked like a "softening up " exercise ala when ever a minister starts kite flying an idea to see how people react.

the simple message seemed to be " public wages get cut in half, and private business will thrive".

at least thats how it was portrayed.

bet begg and co are right pissed off.

:)

Catalpa

I see RTÉ is talking up the benefits of an IMF takeover, by showing how great the IMF have been for Latvia. The Latvian ruling classes think it was a great move. Not much on the horrific state of the poor, or the numbers of Latvian girls who have been driven into brothels all over Europe. Ah well, if the ruling class are all right, well, that's all that matters...

Its part of the softening up process....:?

See the Thread where 'Manufacturing Consent' is discussed.

I actually had the same thought a few days ago. Outside intervention is being suddenly talked of openly on RTE News and there seemingly aren't swift government reactions to shut them up. The BBC are now saying that it seems 'increasingly likely' that we will be bailed out. Rather shaming that it is even being discussed, all in all. Still, a good quarter of the population will retreat like the mindless idiots they are to the tribal tent come election day...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11735040

orbit

Talking up? 50% cut in teachers salaries ...

Actually, it looks like a mixed bag. Latvia seemed to be a fairly tough IMF deal, whereas Hungary recently and of course the UK in the 1970's seemed to fare better. I guess it depends on individual circumstances.

jimwin

Lenihan is insisting the the country will not need a bailout, so I guess that translates to the IMF are coming

sport02

Pat Kenny interviewed an economist from Latvia during the week about their IMF experience, at the end of the conversation, the guy said to Pat "GOOD LUCK"

Cael

If RTE are talking it up it must be coming from the Government getting the people ready with the help of their friends in RTE
Oh ya, the boss of the central bank was talking about it yesterday, and saying it wouldnt change anything. It's on the way, you can be sure of that.

Skrynesaver

Its part of the softening up process....:?

See the Thread where 'Manufacturing Consent' is discussed.
This is why I miss the rep++ button the state broadcaster acting as a blatant propaganda arm for the incompetents currently in charge

New Threads

Most Replies