RTE's dragons den

gaffer falls

Risable, dragons mainly involved in coffee shops, property and hotels.Looks like one actually has a yacht.
Strange, no one has invested any money so far. The entrepenoors are a bit stage Irish too, boozeberries
Looking forward to some high technology, aerospace,software, not Oh my 160 euro licence fee

michaelo

She should have bitten his hand off! 125k for 40% was a good offer. I don't think she understood that she would still own 60% of the company.

alonso

ah it's good oul telly all the same. Always liked this show on the Beeb but like the Apprentice, we Irish just ain't as hard nosed, confident and flashy as our neighbours.

As for the Dragons they're in no way inferior to the BBC ones. Pity each pitch is met with "missed the Tiger boat" type responses. A good idea by RTE but a few years late perhaps?

Odyessus

She should have bitten his hand off! 125k for 40% was a good offer. I don't think she understood that she would still own 60% of the company.

If someone offered her 125k for 40% of her business and she didn't understand that would leave her 60%, he should be very relieved that she declined becoming his business partner.

Factorem

How do you pronounce "pedigree" again?

I didn't know what the hell they were talking about until I saw the poster!

alonso

what about ontreppener instead of entrepreneur... Is it the new veahickle?

michaelo

If someone offered her 125k for 40% of her business and she didn't understand that would leave her 60%, he should be very relieved that she declined becoming his business partner.
She didn't know her net profit for last year.

She was too emotionally involved with the her business.

michaelo

How do you pronounce "pedigree" again?

I didn't know what the hell they were talking about until I saw the poster!
LOL - I was the same. I thought it was called pedery cattle!

I thought they would have teamed up with Sarah Newman, given her web background. It is essentially carzone for cattle. Simple idea, but looks good.

shutuplaura

I was watching the UK version one night and the bloke I used buy dope from in college appeared on it. Peddling a type of toy he invented of all things....

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
how many will be the same ones we saw on the uk show.

the money clearer guys need to go onto ireland top inventor, and need to test it, not the worst idea, where did we see the big guy before?

a lot of website ideas.. :/ no internet dragon, i guess your smart homes guy is the tech person.

robototitico

pedigreecattle.ie is a good site, but it isnt the only such site in Ireland or even the first one.

The first one was way back in 2002 if I remember, Cant remember the name of it, it was pretty lame,

Then there was irishonlinemart.com in 2004/2005, then not sure which came next but there is
farmingpages.com
tails.ie
- IrishFarming.ie
and my own website FarmAds.ie

There is also IFARM which is run by the IFA and Farmers Journal

But to get back to pedigreecattle.ie , I dont understand how they will make any significant money out of it.

If its supposed to be bebo for cattle breeders then how can they charge so much for each herd profile?

You can purchase a social networking script for less than 200 USD and call it farmbook or whatever, and people could put up their own farm profiles for nothing. How is it worth such a big investment? I think they just got the money coz they have LEAP behind them, and two of the dragons have an interest in cattle breeding.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies