• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Rumours about - PTSB is winding up pension scheme

Trainwreck

Just a rumour, but there is a rumour circulating that PTSB are winding up their pension schemes.

For those not familiar with pension schemes, that means that a lot of people, specifically those people not yet in receipt of a pension from the scheme - whetther hey be current employees or past employees - are going to lose a significant proportion of the pension they thought they would get on retirement.

This is no different to losing a chunk of your savings.

When this goes public it will be front page news.

To get a feel or the impact, imagine that the government announced that all those expecting a public sector pension would have to take a mandatory 50% cut in their currently anticiapted future pension when they retire.

Tawdy

Just a rumour, but there is a rumour circulating that PTSB are going to wind up their pension scheme.

For those not familiar with pension schemes, that means that a lot of people, specifically those people not yet in receipt of a pension from the scheme - whetther hey be current employees or past employees - are going to lose a significant proportion of the pension they thought they would get on retirement.

This is no different to losing a chunk of your savings.

When this goes public it will be front page news.

To get a feel or the impact, imagine that the government announced that all those expecting a public sector pension would have to take a mandatory 50% cut in their currently anticiapted future pension when they retire.

Your kind of OP makes me have sympathy for the mods, I feel really sick!

Real ZOO material!

johnfás

All defined benefit pension schemes have to have funding proposals by this summer. You can expect pretty much every private sector defined benefit scheme, under which the trustees cannot force the employer to contribute, to wind up by year end. It's happening across the sector and has been all year.

drummed

So the whole story is based on some rumour from an unnamed source and of unknown accuracy? Grand.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
If this doesn't get zooed or shut down, then I'm going to throw a hissy. At least I quoted a link in my thread that got shut down today.

Congalltee

Pension's
Over-committed:
New contributors
Zero
Income

(and the State intends to rob 0.6% every year from the pot on top of the outrageous fees)

Trainwreck

I think my source is reliable and that it has now happened. Past tense. Let's see.

The implications will be significant for confidence and it could be a watershed event making the same option more palatable to many other companies.

Analyzer

So the whole story is based on some rumour from an unnamed source and of unknown accuracy? Grand.
May as well come from the Sindo.

drummed

The internet - gives monkeys the option to start witless threads based on their own imaginings and so claim to be circumventing the "mainstream" media.
Ya have to laugh.:)

Tawdy

I think my source is reliable and that it has now happened. Past tense. Let's see.

The implications will be significant for confidence and it could be a watershed event making the same option more palatable to many other companies.

Therefore I am! You do seem to forget that this is based on an unfounded/unlinked/devoid of proof rumour, going by your OP.

Tawdy

The internet - gives monkeys the option to start witless threads based on their own imaginings and so claim to be circumventing the "mainstream" media.
Ya have to laugh.:)

..............awww! the poor monkeys, leave them poor animals alone. They are after all our relations, unlike rumourmongers.

Porkypie

The Permanent TSB has submitted it's Business Plan to Brussels for approval by the European Commission. The plan does include a reduction in wages and pensions.

This story has been common knowledge for some time now and was reported on the business post website.

Last edited:

Trainwreck

Lets see now. Here's you last prediction heralding Irans nuclear industry exploding.
How did that work out for ya?

http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/205054-uncofirmed-reports-explosion-irans-fordow-nuclear-facility.html#post6336912
I hope you didn't spend too much of your time trying to find that gotcha.

Well, all I did in that instance was draw attention to main stream media reports.

In this instance I think I have information from a first hand source.

Let's see. I'm not sure why this is stirring so much emotion in you.

drummed

I hope you didn't spend too much of your time trying to find that gotcha.

Well, all I did in that instance was draw attention to main stream media reports.

In this instance I think I have information from a first hand source.

Let's see. I'm not sure why this is stirring so much emotion in you.

Nothing other than the notion you can spark some sort of debate based on the ravings of your neighbours cat

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies