• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Rumours that Assad has been assassinated.

Destiny's Soldier

Breaking: Assad Assassinated? | Opinion - Conservative

According to several reports, Syrian dictator Basher Assad had been shot by one of his bodyguards.

This comes via Israel News One and the French site JSS News.

Needless to say things are still chaotic and Syrian TV has been shut down, but the gist of it is that Assad was shot Saturday night by Mehdi Yacoubi, an Iranian officer who was part of Assad's security detail.

If Assad actually was killed by an Iranian security officer ( and one reportedly picked for the job by Iran's President Ahmadinejad himself) that opens up a major topic for speculation. Did the Iranians get tired of supporting Assad? Was Yacoubi a spy? Or did the Russians tell Iran it was time to cut Assad loose? We will undoubtedly find out, and I'm already working on it.

Assad has been taken to Shami Hospital in Damascus and reports differ as to whether he is dead or just seriously wounded. All roads leading to the hospital have reportedly been closed and there are also reports of heavy fighting going on in Damascus itself...we may be approaching end game here, with a Sunni Islamist regime taking over Syria.
http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/76810-france-s-le-point-magazine-rumor-about-assad-s-death-invades-the-internet

If it is true who doublecrossed who?

Kev408

If it's true I hope they got his greedy wife too.

Interista

Already a thread on this, but for some reason it's not appearing on the main page.

As I said on that thread, I'm extremely skeptical about this story (especially the ''Iranian bodyguard'' bit) until it's confirmed by at least one reputable news source. Thus far it has not been.

Analyzer

james5001

I hope the violence comes to an end.

Protestant/Catholic=Irish

Meh. One nutter to be replaced by Islamic nutters. I find it hard to feel anything besides apathy about this.

Kev408

Last I heard she was heavily pregnant.

You are a gobsh!te.
Last I heard she was tweeting and face booking about how blessed the mere mortals of Syria are that her murdering c*nt of a husband spared many of them their lives. Then her betters stopped her posting as she was infuriating the proles. I even read that one particularly moronic tool was making up names for the brutal Assad regime - you know, based loosely on their real names. Most people thought that poster was a f*ckwit.

I hope she's dead - she became obsessed with power and thought nothing of encouraging her sadistic, hopefully dead husband to brutalise innocent civilians.

firefly123

If he died it would end the conflict pretty fast. What would fill the vacuum might not be very pretty however. One mans life might save thousands. At least in the short term.

edifice.

As does everyone ...
If Assad was assinated, a large part of the problem would be removed - and the end of violence would be nearer
They said that about Saddam............what's the body count since?

Kev408

If he died it would end the conflict pretty fast. What would fill the vacuum might not be very pretty however. One mans life might save thousands. At least in the short term.
Accurate.

gijoe

As does everyone ...
If Assad was assinated, a large part of the problem would be removed - and the end of violence would be nearer
Or the start of another gigantic civil war between Shia, Sunni, Alawites and Christians.

Destiny's Soldier

As if the Russians would tell the Iranians to have their man whack Assad...

If anyone whacked Assad it would be western controlled jackals. As long as Putin supports Assad the West cannot overthrow him. But a bullet in Assad would bring the nasty situation to a conclusion.

nonpartyboy

Nothing on the bbc news.....