Rupert Murdochs control of the UK Government

firefly123

Ken Clarke Says David Cameron Did "Some Sort Of Deal" To Win Rupert Murdoch's Support

I just read this report and am quite frankly stunned at the revelations within it.

Ken Clarke has claimed David Cameron may have done "some sort of a deal" to win the support of Rupert Murdoch's newspapers in the run-up to the 2010 general election, culminating in senior executives at the Sun demanding the government introduce prison ships to the UK because the newspaper was running a campaign on the issue.
Quite literally the sun were running a campaign on prison ships so Rebekah Brooks, the former Sun editor (yeah that Rebekah Brooks) calls up the justice secretary Ken Clarke and tells him to introduce them. Doesn't ask. Tells.
Within a few weeks of taking over my prime minister arranged a meeting with Rebekah Brooks. Rebekah Brooks described herself as running the government now in partnership with David Cameron. I found myself having an extraordinary meeting with Rebekah who was instructing me on criminal justice policy from now on, as I think she had instructed my predecessor, so far as I could see, judging from the numbers of people we had in prison and the growth of rather exotic sentences.
In fairness to Clarke he told her to jog on but not everyone was as forthright
She really was solemnly telling me that we had got to have prison ships because she had got some more campaigns coming, which is one of her specialities. I regarded this as a very amusing conversation and took not the slightest notice.

"As long as I was justice secretary we would not have any of this. I do not think my successor needed any promoting from Rebekah so it all went back to the norm."
This wasn't just a Conservative issue. Murdoch interfered in labour governments also and was a key influencer in the Iraq war
Quite how David Cameron got the Sun out of the hands of Gordon Brown I shall never know," the veteran Tory MP said. "Rupert would never let Tony [Blair] down because Tony had backed the Iraq war. Maybe it was some sort of a deal. David would not tell me what it was. Suddenly we got the Murdoch empire on our side."
Clarke who has been admirably outspoken and candid about the state of British politics goes on to state that Murdoch gaining full control of sky news will result in a UK version of fox news
At the hearing Clarke also mocked the idea that Murdoch would maintain existing standards at Sky News if he was allowed to take total control of the news channel.

"The idea that we allow the owner of Fox News to buy Sky News, assuming he will resist the temptation and be a changed man who will carry on running according to British broadcasting standards, entirely impartial ... Believe that, you believe anything.

Essentially this tycoon has been controlling policy from Iraq to brexit.
It certainly helps explain the madness that seems to have gripped the UK recently.
Think about that folks. Think if what Murdoch wants aligns with what you want? Does the sun speak for you?
Are you happy to have these guys pulling the strings?

Craigmore..

The BBC are responsible for heaps of fake news and pro corbyn propaganda. When the budget was announced they claimed that the abolishment of stamp duty for first time home buyers would only benefit the purchase of 3500. I just knew that number was a joke as soon as I seen it.

Sky news show the pledge gives a wide range of opinions from across the spectrum and likewise the daily politics show on the bbc. I think Murdochs influence is overplayed, the groups and people with connections to the Labour party wield the most influence over british media, from the victoria derbyshire show to the daily mirror..

O'Quisling

For a split second there, I tot the thread was call ed "Robert Mugabe control uk government" !
Jesus, I need me bed !

firefly123

The BBC are responsible for heaps of fake news and pro corbyn propaganda. When the budget was announced they claimed that the abolishment of stamp duty for first time home buyers would only benefit the purchase of 3500. I just knew that number was a joke as soon as I seen it.

Sky news show the pledge gives a wide range of opinions from across the spectrum and likewise the daily politics show on the bbc. I think Murdochs influence is overplayed, the groups and people with connections to the Labour party wield the most influence over british media, from the victoria derbyshire show to the daily mirror..
Did you read the article. Quite literally he picks up the phone to control government policy to suit his newspapers agenda.

gleeful

Ken Clarke Says David Cameron Did "Some Sort Of Deal" To Win Rupert Murdoch's Support

I just read this report and am quite frankly stunned at the revelations within it.

Quite literally the sun were running a campaign on prison ships so Rebekah Brooks, the former Sun editor (yeah that Rebekah Brooks) calls up the justice secretary Ken Clarke and tells him to introduce them. Doesn't ask. Tells.

In fairness to Clarke he told her to jog on but not everyone was as forthright

This wasn't just a Conservative issue. Murdoch interfered in labour governments also and was a key influencer in the Iraq war

Clarke who has been admirably outspoken and candid about the state of British politics goes on to state that Murdoch gaining full control of sky news will result in a UK version of fox news

Essentially this tycoon has been controlling policy from Iraq to brexit.
It certainly helps explain the madness that seems to have gripped the UK recently.
Think about that folks. Think if what Murdoch wants aligns with what you want? Does the sun speak for you?
Are you happy to have these guys pulling the strings?
Not particularly surprising. Interesting to read though.

raetsel

That bitch Brooks was very, very u̶n̶lucky to miss out on first prize in an Orange Jump Suit competition a few years ago. :)

raetsel

3,500? Link?

raetsel

Bbc lunchtime news yesterday on the announcement of the budget. Blatant lies.
So no link then - we are just depending on your hearing, or your comprehension abilities.
Let's put it this way. The threshold jumped as I understand it from 125K to 300K and you're claiming that the BBC reported that this would only benefit 3,500 buyers. Was this daily, weekly or annually? Isn't there a teeny weeny possibility that you misheard this or that you misunderstood what was being said?

raetsel

Bbc lunchtime news yesterday on the announcement of the budget. Blatant lies.
I've now found the story. You are an absolute fool, and a chancer. It is very very easy to blame a BBC TV report from yesterday when you know that these are not available on 'catch-up' and you don't expect to be caught out.
But I've found a link to the story and it is clear that you hadn't a notion what they were talking about. For a start the 3,500 figure is actually an estimate from the Office for Budget Responsibility (a UK government funded body!) and not the BBC. Secondly it suggests that only 3,500 first time buyers will benefit annually, but says nothing about the total number who would.

Here's the link:
Budget 2017: What does the stamp duty change mean? - BBC News

The Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) said the main beneficiaries would be existing homeowners, rather than first-time buyers, because it expects all house prices to rise by 0.3% within a year as a result of the change.
It also estimates that it will result in only an additional 3,500 first-time buyer purchases.
However, the chancellor insisted that young people will benefit.
Now please try not to be such an idiot again.

Craigmore..

So no link then - we are just depending on your hearing, or your comprehension abilities.
Let's put it this way. The threshold jumped as I understand it from 125K to 300K and you're claiming that the BBC reported that this would only benefit 3,500 buyers. Was this daily, weekly or annually? Isn't there a teeny weeny possibility that you misheard this or that you misunderstood what was being said?
I think there is more than a teen weeny possibility that you do nit like what I said judging by the ad hom attack on my credibility and comprehensive skills.

The source is the office for budget responsibility. I googled it for you because I want to show people how these organizations such as the bbc use misinformation to mislead and disrupt democracy. I dont post things for condescending idiots such as you to scrutinize because they are too lazy and me to use google for them.

Interestingly the office thinks that the announcement may also push house prices up from what i see they are all over the place.

mulligan

Can we talk when Denis O'Brien runs Ireland like his own little plaything.

Craigmore..

I've now found the story. You are an absolute fool, and a chancer. It is very very easy to blame a BBC TV report from yesterday when you know that these are not available on 'catch-up' and you don't expect to be caught out.
But I've found a link to the story and it is clear that you hadn't a notion what they were talking about. For a start the 3,500 figure is actually an estimate from the Office for Budget Responsibility (a UK government funded body!) and not the BBC. Secondly it suggests that only 3,500 first time buyers will benefit annually, but says nothing about the total number who would.

Here's the link:

:lol :lol:

What a phucking bellend you are..

:lol:

rainmaker

Administrator
I think there is more than a teen weeny possibility that you do nit like what I said judging by the ad hom attack on my credibility and comprehensive skills.

The source is the office for budget responsibility. I googled it for you because I want to show people how these organizations such as the bbc use misinformation to mislead and disrupt democracy. I dont post things for condescending idiots such as you to scrutinize because they are too lazy and me to use google for them.

Interestingly the office thinks that the announcement may also push house prices up from what i see they are all over the place.
Why would the BBC try to 'disrupt democracy'?

Craigmore..

Here's the link:

so first you say I 'blame' a bbc news report for the dodgy figure and then you proceed to procure a bbc link which supports my post. The bbc did not question or challenge the assertion, but rather put it forward as alternative opinion. And the fact the body which came up with figure is government funder by no means makes it pro government. You are beyond reproach, welcome to my ignore list you reprobate :lol:

rainmaker

Administrator
If various oultlets can accuse russia of disruption of democracy with disinformation, I think the bbc can fall into that category when they inhibit the same behaviour
So it is just a childish, baseless 'you are what what you say are' jibe in response to Russian interference in democratic processes.

Righto :roll:

raetsel

Why would the BBC try to 'disrupt democracy'?
There is a certain irony here.

I'm a northern Irish nationalist who finds himself in the odd situation of defending the British Broadcasting Corporation from false allegations of bias from an British Empire loyalist (of the Jamie Bryson school) because he entirely misunderstood a BBC lunchtime news report yesterday, and has accused them of 'fake news'.

I'm the one who wants to leave the UK, and he's the one clinging to the UK like a limpet. You judge! :)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies