Russia may aim nukes at Europe

rhonda15

RUSSIA is considering aiming nuclear weapons at western Europe for the first time since the end of the Cold War, according to senior defense sources in Moscow.
http://www.sundayobserver.lk/2008/07/20/wld01.asp

This is, of course, what the US Government wants. They yearn for a return to the days when fear of the "Commie Red Menace Evil Empire" reduced the American sheeple to a quivering mass of cowering slaves willing to do and pay anything for the imagined safety of the next new nuclear thingamajig that costs trillions to make, trillions to keep, and eventually corrodes into junk sitting in its silo somewhere.

fergalr

Careful, your reactionary anti-Americanism might produce so much excited drool that you'll short-circuit your keyboard.

This missile idea is not smart and I wish the Bush Administration would drop it. No-one in Europe is under realistic threat from Iran, and the countries keen to host these sites are out of any conceivable range that Tehran possesses.

As Robert Fisk pointed out a few years ago, America has constructed a significant number of air bases in central Asia, presumably to increase a military presence in the one area of the world where Russia and China share a back yard.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
fergalr said:
Careful, your reactionary anti-Americanism might produce so much excited drool that you'll short-circuit your keyboard.

This missile idea is not smart and I wish the Bush Administration would drop it. No-one in Europe is under realistic threat from Iran, and the countries keen to host these sites are out of any conceivable range that Tehran possesses.

As Robert Fisk pointed out a few years ago, America has constructed a significant number of air bases in central Asia, presumably to increase a military presence in the one area of the world where Russia and China share a back yard.
Well? how else is President Santos going to be able to intervene when the time comes?

Aindriu

They never stopped aiming them at Europe :roll:

fergalr

Aindriu said:
I don't think that's true.

KingKane said:
Well? how else is President Santos going to be able to intervene when the time comes?
:lol:
Catalpa said:
Russia is in Europe! :roll:
But not of Europe, to split hairs.

merle haggard

rhonda15 said:
This is, of course, what the US Government wants. They yearn for a return to the days when fear of the "Commie Red Menace Evil Empire" reduced the American sheeple to a quivering mass of cowering slaves willing to do and pay anything for the imagined safety of the next new nuclear thingamajig that costs trillions to make, trillions to keep, and eventually corrodes into junk sitting in its silo somewhere.
and their disastrous bollicking about on the stock exchange gambing with oil futures and driving the prices sky high will also ensure the rest of us will be footing the bill for it

Aindriu

fergalr said:
Aindriu said:
It takes minutes to load a new route into an ICBM guidance system. They never stopped pointing them at us as NATO troops are in Europe.

fergalr

Aindriu said:
fergalr said:
Aindriu said:
It takes minutes to load a new route into an ICBM guidance system. They never stopped pointing them at us as NATO troops are in Europe.
I think in this instance it's the fact that they would be targetting Eastern European cities for the first time.

merle haggard

Aindriu said:
fergalr said:
Aindriu said:
whats this us stuff ?

are you a member of NATO or a foreigner or something ?

merle haggard said:
Aindriu said:
fergalr said:
Aindriu said:
whats this us stuff ?

are you a member of NATO or a foreigner or something ?

Is Ireland not in western Europe, oh I forgot singing nuns and grottos act as a nuclear shield, didnt the virgin Mary herself say she was pleased with the people of Ireland.

merle haggard

Kalif said:
Is Ireland not in western Europe, oh I forgot singing nuns and grottos act as a nuclear shield, didnt the virgin Mary herself say she was pleased with the people of Ireland.
its an island off the coast of western europe . Im presuming russia never had weapons pointed at cuba during the cold war either despite it being in the north american hemisphere

merle haggard said:
Kalif said:
its an island off the coast of western europe . Im presuming russia never had weapons pointed at cuba during the cold war either despite it being in the north american hemisphere

Never heard of radiation, nuclear winter etc or the fact Ireland depends on other western nations for its fuel, economic system and much of its food.

You really need to get off craggy island more.

MichaelR

fergalr said:
Catalpa said:
What is "of Europe"?

If we do split hairs, the European part of Russia (and that's where Russia historically started) is the real Eastern Europe. Poland and the others are Central Europe. They often call themselves Central Europe anyway - and they are correct.

jcdf

Kalif said:
merle haggard said:
Kalif said:

Never heard of radiation, nuclear winter etc or the fact Ireland depends on other western nations for its fuel, economic system and much of its food.

You really need to get off craggy island more.

They are not going to fire them. It is all posturing, who has got the biggest B*lls on the planet. :cool:

I think Europe technically begins at the Urals.

Jargongrad

I just read Russia will station some of its tactical bombers at Cuba if the missile shields go ahead. Surely the US wouldn't go ahead with the plans if that was to be the case?

myksav

fergalr said:
Aindriu said:

KingKane said:
:lol:
Catalpa said:
Fergalr, Aindriu is correct. Missiles are not aimed like a rifle or artillery piece, their targetting is done by programming. These programmes are not thrown away. All it takes is to change target modules, initiate launch sequence and fire.

myksav

fergalr said:
Aindriu said:
fergalr said:
Aindriu said:
I think in this instance it's the fact that they would be targetting Eastern European cities for the first time.
Eastern European cities were on the Russian target list. The codes still exist.

CelticAtheist

So we aim back, mutually assured destruction is a fickle ***** if they try anything.

Problem solved.

Aindriu

CelticAtheist said:
So we aim back, mutually assured destruction is a fickle ***** if they try anything.

Problem solved.
We? I didn't know Ireland had any ICBMs or tactical battlefield warheads ;)
As for the USA, if anyone thinks they ever did stop targetting Russia they are seriously deluded.
It was nuclear weapons (or rather the fact that MAD would result from their use) that stopped WW3 in the first place.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies