Russia preparing for war. Orders officials back to motherland

Sexual Harassment Panda

Russia orders all officials to fly home any relatives living abroad | Daily Mail Online

This is not entirely isolated. I've heard that students studying abroad have also started returning home.

The US may have gone too far this time. Between their meddling in Ukraine and outright insanity of supporting Radical Islamic militias against Assad, they are seriously risking war against a Nuclear nation.

Whatever Assad's crimes, whatever his ill behaviour, NOBODY should be risking Nuclear war over the piece of dirt he occupies. Lunatics now have their fingers on the button.

mossyman

Syria is not a piece of dirt.

Sexual Harassment Panda

It is now.

I'm with you on Syria, but in the context of a possible Nuclear war, "piece of dirt" pretty much sums up what's being fought over here.

eoghanacht

To the average Trump supporter the land currently known as Syria home to some of the most ancient civilizations the world has known is a piece of dirt.

eoghanacht

Damascus is among the list of continuously inhabited cities in all the world.

eoghanacht

I take politics.ie will be sending condolences upon the death of Mr Putin ?

cyp
Yes it's all about him you simpleton not the millions that'll will suffer as this plays out.

NiallGK

Pure bluster. Simply an attempt to bully Russia into staying its hand until January when Hillary will be coronated.

By then hopefully, Aleppo will have been liberated from outside thugs.

Sexual Harassment Panda

To the average Trump supporter the land currently known as Syria home to some of the most ancient civilizations the world has known is a piece of dirt.
Funny that you should bring this up. This is my primary concern with ISIS. People are a dime a dozen (there is billions of us!) but the ancient antiquities being destroyed can't be replaced.

Again I'm talking in context. Syria has been razed to the ground, it is not worthy of a Nuclear war.

former wesleyan

mossyman

America can't afford a defeat in Syria.

They are very desperate now.

America is now facing a stunning defeat of its policy of regime change in Syria. Aleppo is now completely besieged by Assad and the Russians and it is only a matter of time until they take the city. It will be the biggest defeat of US foreign policy since Vietnam.

That said I don't believe the US administration would be stupid enough to risk direct confrontation with the Russians over it. There would be no winners in such a scenario.

firefly123

Yes. Send home your loved ones. They will be very handy to have in case any of you get any ideas.

Elvis jaffacake

When I built my bunker/ dungeon you all laughed at me...well who's laughing now...

It's me, I'm the one laughing.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Yes it's all about him you simpleton not the millions that'll will suffer as this plays out.
Not really ...he is currently threatening our very way of life

He's only killed mere tens of thousands of innocents...and gotten a pretty big return thusfar

cyp

GDPR

The story is a hoax which first appeared in the Daily Star and was then picked up by the Daily Mail. That paper does nothing but trawl Reddit now. I dont even think they have real life interns doing it - much of what appears in its online edition looks like it was hoovered up by net spiders and then regurgitated in a slightly scrambled form to avoid obvious plagiarism.

The US is planning war with Russia though, nothing new about that.

D

Deleted member 48908

Russia is like the Starks. Don't mess with either when Winter is coming.

Mitsui2

Russia is like the Starks. Don't mess with either when Winter is coming.
But that's just fiction, Carlos. Unike this, which is...er... really, really, really real.

Otherwise it wouldn't be on Ireland's most respected political website, would it?

Most Replies