• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Russia - the common enemy

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
It appears that English and Welsh football fans are coming together in an attempt to protect themselves from the common enemy - the Russian football fans who seem to be intent on ruining Euro 2016, or at least proving themselves to be the roughest, toughest hombres at the tournamant.

Is this just another symptom of the modern Russian nationalism that we are told is growing within Russia? The nationalism that is egged on by certain Russian politicians.

It's good to see British unity against this Russian aggression.

Euro 2016: Violence threat 'unites' Wales and England fans - BBC News

"Wales fans have said it is "sensible" they stick together with England fans ahead of the Euro 2016 match between the two countries.

Tens of thousands of supporters are in Lille as the two teams prepare to play in nearby Lens on Thursday.

On Tuesday, there were reports of isolated trouble involving Russian fans also in the city.

Extra police have been drafted in with concerns raised as Russia play Slovakia in Lille on Wednesday, with Wales and England fans also gathering there ahead of Thursday's game.

Nathan Jones, 25, of Mountain Ash, said it had been "surprising" to see English and Welsh fans chanting together on Tuesday.
He added: "I think it's united us against the Russian because of all the news."

Spanner Island

Oh yes... I cannot wait until the 2018 World Cup when it'll be all about racism and homophobia because it's in feckin' Russia... and the Russian authorities won't be trusted to keep fans safe...

I wonder where Putin will annex immediately after it too?

F*** Russia.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Oh yes... I cannot wait until the 2018 World Cup when it'll be all about racism and homophobia because it's in feckin' Russia... and the Russian authorities won't be trusted to keep fans safe...

F*** Russia.

I'd be more worried about him annexing somewhere BEFORE it, as a measure to dare other countries to boycott the 2018 World Cup.

If other countries turned up anyway he'd know that they were acting like his bitches.

Spanner Island

Sepp Blatter has a lot to answer for... first with the South African disaster of a World Cup (imo) where the feckin' vuvuzelas ruined it along with the miserable weather and remote stadia... and then awarding two dodgy as f*** World Cups to Russia in 2018 and Qatar in 2022...

Yep... Sepp's a little w*nker without a doubt...

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Sepp Blatter has a lot to answer for... first with the South African disaster of a World Cup (imo) where the feckin' vuvuzelas ruined it along with the miserable weather and remote stadia... and then awarding two dodgy as f*** World Cups to Russia in 2018 and Qatar in 2022...

Yep... Sepp's a little w*nker without a doubt...

He really is/was a waste of space.

It's totally about money now, and not football tradition.

The Qatar situation is an extreme example - they submitted a bid and won, yet then immediately started to say that they couldn't fulfill all of the things that they committed to in the bid (air conditioned stadia so that the tournament could be held at the traditional time). FIFA should have told them to take a hike, and pulled the tournament from them, but of course it didn't.

FIFA will also do f*ck all if Russia gets up to no good in the run up to the 2018 tournament.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
There are now reports that English and Welsh fans were fighting each other on a train.

Solidarity between the British allies didn't last so long.

Muppets.

johnnypockets

F*** Russia.
Who in their right mind would go to it?

johnnypockets

He really is/was a waste of space.

It's totally about money now, and not football tradition.

The Qatar situation is an extreme example - they submitted a bid and won, yet then immediately started to say that they couldn't fulfill all of the things that they committed to in the bid (air conditioned stadia so that the tournament could be held at the traditional time). FIFA should have told them to take a hike, and pulled the tournament from them, but of course it didn't.

FIFA will also do f*ck all if Russia gets up to no good in the run up to the 2018 tournament.
They can't take the tournaments off them. All the officials have been bribed so if they renege it will all come out.

Eire1976

There are now reports that English and Welsh fans were fighting each other on a train.

Solidarity between the British allies didn't last so long.

Muppets.
The British are muppets, don't be like the British, be Irish and laugh it off

firefly123

Would the Russian lads have attacked the Irish fans if they happened to be in the same group or was their mission to take on other nations with a reputation for Hooliganism? Is there a code that is followed by these ultras?

johnnypockets

Would the Russian lads have attacked the Irish fans if they happened to be in the same group or was their mission to take on other nations with a reputation for Hooliganism? Is there a code that is followed by these ultras?
Their stated aim was to take on the English. Then when they beat them they hoped to take on the Swedes, Croats and Polish if it worked out geographically. I would think they wouldn't mind a bit of practise against anyone they met though.

Eire1976

We'll have to send over a few tinker families to act as bodyguard for our boys.

Ireniall

Who in their right mind would go to it?
Some friends of mine went to Russia must be twenty years back now to watch Ireland playing them.Don't ask me what competition it was now I forget. They stayed in the biggest hotel in the world supposedly and there were skinheads roaming the corridors with impunity beating people up. We all howled with laughter when they got home having been slightly jealous of their ability to go in the first place. They never left their rooms and didn't even see the match on telly. They were genuinely terrified and had to organise a kind of mass exodus to go for the plane home. It was like going to prison for three days with a riot going on outside their cells.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account

The latter.

They specifically wanted to show the English that they are the top dogs now when it comes to hooliganism.

Is Russia exporting a new breed of football hooligan? - BBC News

"The Russian Football Union expressed regret over the fighting and Russia's sports minister described those involved as a disgrace. But other senior officials have praised the hooligans openly as "real men".

Meanwhile the fans themselves seem largely unrepentant, even proud.

"This showed who is the most important among hooligans," Alexei, a supporter of Moscow's CSKA football club who says he took part in the clashes, told me by phone from France.

He said Russian hooligans learned much of what they know from the English.

"In the 70s and 80s everyone would bow down before the English," Alexei says. "Now there are different hooligans. These are different times."

"Russia and Poland are in top place in the hooligan chart," Andrei Malosolov says. "England has dropped a long way down."

The tabloid paper Komsomolskaya Pravda adopts a similar tone, suggesting that Russia is now clear favourite in what it called the "alternative Euros"."

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Some friends of mine went to Russia must be twenty years back now to watch Ireland playing them.Don't ask me what competition it was now I forget. They stayed in the biggest hotel in the world supposedly and there were skinheads roaming the corridors with impunity beating people up. We all howled with laughter when they got home having been slightly jealous of their ability to go in the first place. They never left their rooms and didn't even see the match on telly. They were genuinely terrified and had to organise a kind of mass exodus to go for the plane home. It was like going to prison for three days with a riot going on outside their cells.
That's Russia for you.

johnnypockets

If ever there was a time for a boycott. Same with Qatar.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies