• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Russia Today, Press TV more honest than Politics.ie

Destiny's Soldier

From today's Irish Indo.

Russian satellite channel has whiff of propaganda - Analysis, Opinion - Independent.ie

The September 11 attacks in New York were an inside job; the South Korean warship torpedoed in March was not sunk by North Korea, but probably by Japan or the US; and the world is run by the secretive Bilderberg Group, who pursue a 'New World Order'. Not the lonely ravings of a conspiracy-minded blogger, but all opinions aired recently on a satellite channel beamed into millions of American homes.
Ms Simonyan, the channel's overall boss, only agreed to reply to written questions.

"RT's target viewer is a person capable of critical thinking, one who realises that one or two sources of information are not enough to get a full picture," she responded. "It is someone who wants to know the truth, rather than who passively accepts stereotypes."
For the week leading to the 9th anniversary of the Sept 11th attacks, Press TV Channel ran a documentary called "Zero" which openly challenges the official account the world has been fed on 9/11. But no discussions allowed on Politics.ie of course.

As readers of Politics.ie would be already be aware, a popular thread called "Was 9/11 a Terrorist Attack?" was in existence for over 3 1/2 years until it was inexplicably deleted.
No it hasn't been moved into Zoo or Off topic discussions. To borrow an infamous line from Iranian President Ahmadinejad, it has been "Wiped from the pages of History".

Why would I be surprised? Any comments I ever made on that thread were regularly described by the mod Cyberianpan as conspiracy theory fruitloopery -This coming from the same mod who recently posted a disgusting thread called "Religion is like a Penis".

So, the tenet of my argument is that the Moderators of Politics.ie are not interested in contributors capable of critical thinking, they are only interested in the opinions of people who passively accept stereotypes.

borntorum

Why was that thread deleted? It shouldn't have been.

Incidentally, Press TV is a terrible channel and I'm surprised that the British authorities allow Sky to broadcast it.

eyeSpy

RT is a propaganda vehicle for the Kremlin and its employees.
I've seen comical reports on it. Watch it for an hour to see how wonderful mother Russia is.

Now NHK World, that's proper interesting.
But also an organ for saying how wonderful Japan is.

Your problem DS is that you dismiss everyone who doesn't believe conspiracy theories as sheep or mis-lead fools. You believe your ilk are the only ones 'capable of critical thinking'.
Very hard to engage with that. So I'll leave you and your superior thoughts.

Last edited:

Conor

So, the tenet of my argument is that the Moderators of Politics.ie are not interested in contributors capable of critical thinking, they are only interested in the opinions of people who passively accept stereotypes.
I love contributors capable of critical thinking. Absolutely love them.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

I would like to ask the moderators and DC why was the thread, 'Was 9/11 a Terrorist Attack?' deleted?

I've searched for it in the forums and using the search function and DS is correct. It has been wiped from the pages of history.

Clanrickard

I would like to ask the moderators and DC why was the thread, 'Was 9/11 a Terrorist Attack?' deleted?

I've searched for it in the forums and using the search function and DS is correct. It has been wiped from the pages of history.
Good. There is only so much crazy one can take.

eyeSpy

Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.
Certainly not adopting the approach of fundamentalist priests from the '60s and including name calling!
Maith an fear.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com

I have checked through the history ... one poster felt they were personally libelled and reported such ... we take such claims very seriously here... the view in the Content Team was that it was too close to call (personally I thought it was libel) ... I suspended the "offending" user pro tem ... one Mod made an initial effort at surgery on the thread (the two posters in question had been at it for dozens of posts).

It was a Friday, most p.ie Mods were dinking (indeed some of us together), and no one was around to do surgery to fix the thread (chiefly remove many posts) ... so it was left in the closed "Content Team" area ... and has been there since. I've resurrected it, and suggested that some Mod may wish to devote an hour of their life to cleansing it...

cYp

FrankSpeaks

I have checked through the history ... one poster felt they were personally libelled and reported such ... we take such claims very seriously here... the view in the Content Team was that it was too close to call (personally I thought it was libel) ... I suspended the "offending" user pro tem ... one Mod made an initial effort at surgery on the thread (the two posters in question had been at it for dozens of posts).

It was a Friday, most p.ie Mods were dinking (indeed some of us together), and no one was around to do surgery to fix the thread (chiefly remove many posts) ... so it was left in the closed "Content Team" area ... and has been there since. I've resurrected it, and suggested that some Mod may wish to devote an hour of their life to cleansing it...

cYp
What's dinking?

If Brian Cowen was dinking would he be in worse doodoo than he is now?

Were you dinking before you wrote the above?

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
So PressTV, the owned a paid for mouth piece of the Iranian thiest regime is not promoting sterotypical views? And Russia Today, a TV channel that is so toadying in its cow towing to the Kremlim, is not a promoter of Krelim policy and indeed national government designed stereotype? Both in relation to their own spheres have little to say except promote the 'glory' of their paymasters (and who have direct government control over content) without question. So much so in the case of the latter in fact that it is an all but useless news medium - the Chinese states CCTV is actually far better.. and thats a hard level to sink lower then.

Chrisco

Russia Today is quite frightening in its anti-Western agenda; the Chinese broadcaster CCTV is more even-handed in its reporting, and that's saying something!

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
What's dinking?

If Brian Cowen was dinking would he be in worse doodoo than he is now?

Were you dinking before you wrote the above?
Actually I can remember being quite rat arsed later that night.... DC & either TheBear or Beanie shunted back drinks that I'd bought them (some especially horribly sweet cocktails) ... I most certainly was not in a fit state for "emergency Friday night thread doctory" ... nor was I the next day, as I went for a hairy dog ... nor am I that inclined to now... as the folks are asking in an ever so grateful a manner...

cYp

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
+1, it was a tin hat thread.
It was more than that surely. Tin Hat does not describe the level of utter idiocy that that thread sank to.

For those who pine at its loss they should understand this; you cannot have and maintain a discusion when your ultimate answer to all quesitions boils down to other posters must 'work for the secret world government' or are 'in denial'. It was a thread kept alive by a bunch a mutually masterbating carnival freaks with the collective intellectual capacity of a retarded chimp - nothing was added to the debate by them that was not off the shelf per-cooked conspiracy lunacy. At no level was it a political discussion and at no point was it reflective of genuine intellectual expression or inquizitiveness on P.ie or wider political spheres of discourse.

eyeSpy

It was more than that surely. Tin Hat does not describe the level of utter idiocy that that thread sank to.

For those who pine at its loss they should understand this; you cannot have and maintain a discusion when your ultimate answer to all quesitions boils down to other posters must 'work for the secret world government' or are 'in denial'. It was a thread kept alive by a bunch a mutually masterbating carnival freaks with the collective intellectual capacity of a retarded chimp - nothing was added to the debate by them that was not off the shelf per-cooked conspiracy lunacy. At no level was it a political discussion and at no point was it reflective of genuine intellectual expression or inquizitiveness on P.ie or wider political spheres of discourse.

Slam dunk!

borntorum

Oh yeah. It was useful in that it (a) kept the conspiracy jerks together in one place and (b) allowed the rest of us, if we wanted to, to see just how crazy all that nonsense can get.

But it shouldn't be done away with on the basis that it was populated by fruit loops. If that was to be a criteria, half of the threads would have to be disappeared.

gijoe

Is politics.ie a part of the NWO then? And is DC one of its Lieutenants??? :)

TonyBird

Is politics.ie a part of the NWO then? And is DC one of its Lieutenants??? :)

The thing about the NWO is , you dont 'join' it ,or get recruited . It assimilates you . Like the borg in star trek . We are all subjects/citizens of the NWO . Who do you think is going to select our next taoiseach ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies