Russians try to hack the ESB.

Wascurito

Civic_critic2

This is to bring Ireland into line with the anti-Russian posture of the western governments and is part of the overall move to bring Ireland under a NATO and EU military umbrella in the coming war. This is pure propaganda by RTÉ, devoid of trustworthy investigative journalism and in terms of trying to steer the country into war should result in the immediate sacking of anyone in RTÉ who is part of this.

Half Nelson

In Ireland, US pharmaceutical company MSD said its IT systems had been “compromised” by the suspected “Petya” virus.

The global container shipping company Maersk Line also confirmed its UK and Ireland systems had been hit
I'm hearing this doesn't even begin to paint the true picture of what has happened in some Irish-based companies. "Disaster" would be nearer the mark.

Wascurito

This is to bring Ireland into line with the anti-Russian posture of the western governments and is part of the overall move to bring Ireland under a NATO and EU military umbrella in the coming war. This is pure propaganda by RTÉ, devoid of trustworthy investigative journalism and in terms of trying to steer the country into war should result in the immediate sacking of anyone in RTÉ who is part of this.
RTE isn't the origin of the story. The British Times (Irish edition) reported it a good 18 hours ago.

Deadlock

I laughed so hard at the faux-anger and righteousness of that post I almost brought up Christmas dinner. Poor Rodina - however does she cope with such outrageous claims and slights against her?

No smoke without fire.

Half Nelson

Civic_critic2

RTE isn't the origin of the story. The British Times (Irish edition) reported it a good 18 hours ago.
This is what RTÉ said: "Security experts believe the hackers may have links to Russia, saying this failed attack matches a pattern emerging across Europe."

That is propaganda and most probably the whole point of the article, the money shot. I shouldn't have to explain this to you but giving facile responses is rampant here. I'll simply say 'use yer fkkin head'.

Wascurito

This is what RTÉ said: "Security experts believe the hackers may have links to Russia, saying this failed attack matches a pattern emerging across Europe."

That is propaganda and most probably the whole point of the article, the money shot. I shouldn't have to explain this to you but giving facile responses is rampant here. I'll simply say 'use yer fkkin head'.
You said it was "pure propaganda by RTÉ". You can get as stroppy and foul-mouthed as you want - it doesn't change the fact that RTÉ isn't the origin of the story.

And had you taken one moment to check the timestamps on the two articles, that would have been obvious.

Voluntary

There may be a propaganda piece in it. It's doubtful hackers did not breach computer system as ESB says.

Civic_critic2

What are you talking about? The national broadcaster repeated a slander without further investigation that ties in with everything I have been saying about Ireland being brought under the wing of NATO and EU militarism. A report by a paper in one of the leading NATO countries stenographed in the Irish press is entirely in line with what I am saying. It's for your own benefit I am saying this - they're going to risk getting you killled too.

RAF flights over Ireland with a secret air defence agreement between Ireland and Britain, increased 'anti-terrorist' activity, surveillance and overt paramilitary force deployed, the escalation of Ireland's activity off the Libyan coast from humanitarian to military engagement - the first it has ever undertaken, the agreement by Ireland's defence minister to a new EU military HQ in Brussels only a few weeks ago - which our naval forces off Libya are now under the command of, the mysterious 5 hour flyover by a US surveillance plane - looks like mapping & preparation - in 2015...

All of this and more mean that the degenerate Irish 'leadership' are finessing their people into becoming fodder in disgusting mass murder dressed up in the usual colonial sophistry.

Half Nelson

There may be a propaganda piece in it. It's doubtful hackers did not breach computer system as ESB says.
It is understood hackers sent an email to an ESB engineer in Donegal in what is referred to as a "spear phishing" attack. This is when hackers send an email to an individual which looks like it is from a trustworthy source thereby encouraging the recipient to click on the link.
That never happens to anybody else. It deserves to be on the front page. :|

Wascurito

What are you talking about? The national broadcaster repeated a slander without further investigation that ties in with everything I have been saying about Ireland being brought under the wing of NATO and EU militarism. A report by a paper in one of the leading NATO countries stenographed in the Irish press is entirely in line with what I am saying. It's for your own benefit I am saying this - they're going to risk getting you killled too.

RAF flights over Ireland with a secret air defence agreement between Ireland and Britain, increased 'anti-terrorist' activity, surveillance and overt paramilitary force deployed, the escalation of Ireland's activity off the Libyan coast from humanitarian to military engagement - the first it has ever undertaken, the agreement by Ireland's defence minister to a new EU military HQ in Brussels only a few weeks ago - which our naval forces off Libya are now under the command of, the mysterious 5 hour flyover by a US surveillance plane - looks like mapping & preparation - in 2015...

All of this and more mean that the degenerate Irish 'leadership' are finessing their people into becoming fodder in disgusting mass murder dressed up in the usual colonial sophistry.
The bit in bold is the point or at least possibly the point. There's a slightly sceptical tone to my OP but I'm not blaming RTÉ**.

**unless the Donnybrookers hacked The Times....

Mad as Fish

I know! let's make the country and society in general ever more dependent on computers and IT. That'll learn them Ruskies how smart we are!!

Voluntary

Me hole. If it was the Russians they would have succeeded.
RTE will only realize or admit it has been hacked when/if attackers release some customers data to prove it. Otherwise they will have no clue if they have been compromised or not.

Wascurito

The level of instruction in Russian educational institutions is surely comparable to the "West". So you have lots of well-educated people who have lots of technical knowledge and are keen to use it for self-betterment

Over the years, I've received many emails of dubious pedigree from Russian sources - all wanting ultimately to get money from me. They were enough to show that there are lots of people in Russia who want to be rich and successful but whose economy doesn't afford them that possibility by honest means.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if Russians were behind this. That doesn't mean it was the Russian state.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies