Ruth Davidson announces Pregnancy

Cruimh

Some good news for a change - the Leader of the Scottish Conservatives has announced that she is pregnant:

Ruth Davidson announces she is pregnant - BBC News

Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson has announced that she is three months pregnant.

Ms Davidson said she and her partner Jen Wilson were "excited" to be expecting their first child in October after undergoing IVF.

She said she would be taking some time off for maternity leave like "thousands of working women do every year".

But she said she expects to return to the Scottish Parliament in the spring of next year.

The party's deputy leader, Jackson Carlaw, will stand in for Ms Davidson during her maternity leave.
Congratulations!

Ms Davidson, who was recently named in a Time Magazine list of the world's most influential people, said having a baby should not impact on her political career.

She said: "I think that you've seen right across the world lots of women in politics who have made different choices.

"I don't think that we should limit a woman's choices by whether she had children or not. Her ability to do her job shouldn't be impacted.

"It does require organisation to do both, you can't have all of the time in all of the world, but you can have a family and combine that with a career, and I don't think we should ever send a message to women that they can't have both."

Ms Davidson also said she hoped her announcement could help to underline that it is normal for same-sex couples to have children.
Should have had pet Insurance Ruth!

The couple had planned to get married, but ended up using the money saved for the wedding to pay for medical treatment after their dog - Wilson - was hit by a car.
Bloody Vets .....

DJP

Website
darrenjprior.blogspot.com
Twitter
https://twitter.com/DarrenJPrior
Some good news for a change - the Leader of the Scottish Conservatives has announced that she is pregnant:

Ruth Davidson announces she is pregnant - BBC News

Congratulations!

Should have had pet Insurance Ruth!

Bloody Vets .....
I'd say a lot Tory voters in Scotland would not be so happy about this news (given she is gay). Hopefully the development will result in a lot less people voting for that party.

Catalpast

And the child will never know who its Father is....:|

Surely it has a Right to know?

Merovingian

A Scottish woman is pregnant. Meanwhile in other news an English lady delivered her 3rd child last week. Now the Weather....

DJP

Website
Twitter
Gay parenting is not exactly an issue that has strong support despite what some in the media would have you believe. It's a divisive issue and a lot of people against it would be Tory voters in Britain.

D

Deleted member 45466

Ahhhhh! The tantalising aroma of a tasty morsel of cruimh crafted bait for catholics, conservatives and homophobes to bite into!

Just before the weekend too!

SuirView

Is she anything to Emily?

GDPR

Gay parenting is not exactly an issue that has strong support despite what some in the media would have you believe. It's a divisive issue and a lot of people against it would be Tory voters in Britain.
Especially in Scotland. A lot of Scottish Conservative Party voters wouldn't be that far removed from the TUV at home.

GDPR

Macbeth! Macbeth! Macbeth! ... Laugh at the power of other men, because nobody born from a woman will ever harm Macbeth.

Act 4 Scene 1

GDPR

Is she anything to Emily?
"Emily Davidson" here isn't actually called Emily Davidson- Emily Davidson was a famous English early 20 th century Feminist who "Emily Davidson" choose as a screen name I suppose to honour her.

midlander12

I'd say a lot Tory voters in Scotland would not be so happy about this news (given she is gay). Hopefully the development will result in a lot less people voting for that party.
I'd say most of them couldn't care less and if they did, they probably wouldn't have voted for her last year when they took (I think) 12 seats off the SNP. Scotland (and England and Wales) are among the most gay-friendly countries in the world. To be fair, Ireland these days is not far behind.

razorblade

Fair play to her although she isn't the first woman to fall pregnant and won't be the last.

DJP

Website
Twitter
Scotland (and England and Wales) are among the most gay-friendly countries in the world. To be fair, Ireland these days is not far behind.
It's still divisive and a lot of people, particularly in certain demographics, don't like gay parenting. I have mellowed on it a bit personally.

Popular Threads

Most Replies