RVH Shared Space Or IRA Hospital...

between the bridges

Visitors to the Royal Victoria Hospital are welcomed with a cheery IRA sign topped with a friendly machine gun...

IRA machine gun sign put up outside Belfast hospital

SDLP councillor Tim Attwood said: "The appalling IRA sign and mock machine gun outside the pedestrian entrance to Royal Victoria Hospital should be removed immediately.

"There can be no place in our community for such imagery especially outside a hospital.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/ira-machine-gun-sign-put-up-outside-belfast-hospital-36938301.html

"This is not acceptable at all. This is clearly outside the hospital where you have all sorts of people going in and out, including many who are very ill and stressed about other issues.

"Having this at one of the entrances is bang of order. You can imagine someone going in for an appointment to get test results and seeing that."

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/anger-at-ira-ak47-sign-outside-hospital-1-8508713

Cue teeth gnashing and whatabootery...

Levellers

That sign was taken down within hours by Republicans.

Suspected unionist provocation.

Cruimh

I remember an incident in the 1970s when a Union Flag was hung out of one of the windows, on the 12th, in the quarters used by on call medical staff in the Royal that overlooked the Falls - a hailstorm of ball bearings ensued , breaking windows and leading to the flag being removed. Shared Space my Aras.

Mind you times have changed - I was in the Royal on Monday - didn't see one spide with a shattered knee cap hirpling around. So different in the 70s and 80s.

theloner

Cruimh is obviously taking the absolute piss. Same stretch of road, 145 Divis Street. Tricolour in political offices. Ian Paisley called upon Protestants to assemble in their thousands at the City Hall that evening to march on Divis Street. RUC then smashed up the political offices with crowbars. Removed tricolour. Paisley held a triumphant rally in the grounds of the City Hall.

Kilfedder told the crowd:

“The republicans must not be allowed to fly the Tricolour, and when the last vote is counted on polling day we must show the world that there was no wavering in the determination of the people to keep the Union Jack flying over West Belfast.”

One thing you are right about Criumh. Changed times. Changed times indeed.

Regards the local loon's OP, hopefully the braindead piss kidneys who put up that balls on the Falls have to use the Royal to have those signs removed from their Araras.

theloner

Erm, no the residence wasn't on Divis Street, it was in the RVH complex.
And I was talking about the 1970s, not the 1960s.
Same stretch of road. I'm from there. Creatively known as 'The Road'. You were talking about the 70s. I was talking about your shared spaces and obvious hypocrisy in the 60s. I produced fact, you produced some balls from your mind's eye.

Let's focus on what we agree on. 'Changed times', eh? :D

former wesleyan

"Having this at one of the entrances is bang of order

:D

between the bridges

Same stretch of road. I'm from there. Creatively known as 'The Road'. You were talking about the 70s. I was talking about your shared spaces and obvious hypocrisy in the 60s. I produced fact, you produced some balls from your mind's eye.

Same auld trolling Lonely anything but the OP...

Craigmore..

I may be mistaken but I recall you saying you were from the Springfield road close to ballymurphy.

theloner

I may be mistaken but I recall you saying you were from the Springfield road close to ballymurphy.
Yes kiddo, you are mistaken. But forgiven.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies