Ryanair Attempt Strike Breaking With Irish Scabs

making waves

Baggage handlers working for Ryanair in Berlin are on strike demanding an increase in their pay rates from €11 to €12 per hour.

Rather than negotiate - Ryanair flew a plane load of scabs from Dublin to Berlin in an attempt to break the strike. Ryanair ignored security protocols at the airport (so much for protecting their 'customers') and attempted to use untrained scabs to do the work of the strikers. Despite the best efforts of Ryanair they could only service one tenth of the normal number of aircraft. The actions by Ryanair will lead to an escalation of strike action.

Ryanair should be condemned for this action - and should be boycotted until they recognise this trade union and the members it represents.

German union reacts angrily as Ryanair flies in staff to break Berlin strike

hammer

Isn`t that what a private company would do ?

Send over its own staff to get work done that external contractors were refusing to do ?

Am I missing something ?

Half Nelson

Bad, stupid move by Ryanair. Unions have long memories.

The strike will now be escalated, with the tag "blame Ryanair".

The Irish strike breakers should hang their heads.

firefly123

SCABS ?

Irish workers doing what their employer asks ?
somebody doing someone else's job while they are on strike is, by definition, a scab.
personally I dislike the term but that's what it is

The_SR

Baggage handlers working for Ryanair in Berlin are on strike demanding an increase in their pay rates from €11 to €12 per hour.

Rather than negotiate - Ryanair flew a plane load of scabs from Dublin to Berlin in an attempt to break the strike. Ryanair ignored security protocols at the airport (so much for protecting their 'customers') and attempted to use untrained scabs to do the work of the strikers. Despite the best efforts of Ryanair they could only service one tenth of the normal number of aircraft. The actions by Ryanair will lead to an escalation of strike action.

Ryanair should be condemned for this action - and should be boycotted until they recognise this trade union and the members it represents.

While I agree Ryanair acted the pox here, the striking staff don't work for Ryanair, they work for the airports. This actually makes it all the more bizarre.

The_SR

Isn`t that what a private company would do ?

Send over its own staff to get work done that external contractors were refusing to do ?

Am I missing something ?
No, it isn't. Shockingly you missed a lot

constitutionus

If their employer asks them to cross a picket, what else do you call it?
business , blueshirt styleeee !

:D

not surprised at this from mick, just one more reason i'd never work for his ilk.

Hitchcock

SCABS ?

Irish workers doing what their employer asks ?
Irish workers being flown to another jurisdiction to actively undermine a strike.....I'd be surprised if all these workers did this willingly but in non union companies with no protection many workers feel they have no option.

Trainwreck

I'd like to see more of it. Sack strikers and just replace them. Dublin Bus, Bus Eireann, Irish Rail etc.

If the sacked workers or associated goons try to stop companies trading, the Gardaí should arrest the en masse.

Mushroom

Mushroom would like to congratulate those brave freedom fighters who flew to Berlin in an heroic attempt to take on the terrorist union scum who were holding innocent travellers and their luggage hostage in cruel and inhuman conditions in a foreign airport.

They should be praised for their heroism by President Mickey Dee Castro and be given a place of honour at the front of the Dublin Patrick's Day Parade.

Hitchcock

I'd like to see more of it. Sack strikers and just replace them. Dublin Bus, Bus Eireann, Irish Rail etc.

If the sacked workers or associated goons try to stop companies trading, the Gardaí should arrest the en masse.
So workers should have no rights? Employers should be entitled to do what they wish and when?

Erudite Caveman

Rather than negotiate - Ryanair flew a plane load of scabs from Dublin to Berlin in an attempt to break the strike.
Ryanair ignored security protocols at the airport (so much for protecting their 'customers') and attempted to use untrained scabs to do the work of the strikers. Despite the best efforts of Ryanair they could only service one tenth of the normal number of aircraft. The actions by Ryanair will lead to an escalation of strike action.

There are 2000 people in Berlin working as baggage handlers for Ryanair?

Mushroom

If their employer asks them to cross a picket, what else do you call it?
Displaying the independence of thought and action for which many of the more intelligent members of the Irish race have always been known and respected?

People here have no difficulty in knocking the Irish of the 1930s through 1960s for bending the knee to the clergy, but the same opininated gobsh1tes have no problem whatsoever with expecting people to bend the knee to Trade Union diktats. Go figure!

Franzoni

O'Leary is the sort of person who helps to debase wider society into the race to the bottom by encouraging the dog eat dog attitude....

He also spoke at FG and FF meetings last year and received standing ovations by the people there....

Anyone in general society in low paid work or employment that is marginal and who thinks either of these parties have their interests at heart and still give either any sort of a preference need their head examined...

Hitchcock

Displaying the independence of thought and action for which many of the more intelligent members of the Irish race have always been known and respected?

People here have no difficulty in knocking the Irish of the 1930s through 1960s for bending the knee to the clergy, but the same opininated gobsh1tes have no problem whatsoever with expecting people to bend the knee to Trade Union diktats. Go figure!
It's nothing to do with bending the knee to the TUs it's about workers having the right to protect their pay and conditions.

Mushroom

It's nothing to do with bending the knee to the TUs it's about workers having the right to protect their pay and conditions.
Back then priests and nuns preyed on innocent kids, today Trade Union scum prey on innocent travelers. The only difference between the two is the spurious claim of self-interest spewed out by the highly paid Trade Union leaders and their witless defenders.

firefly123

young fine gael alert!

*EPIC SUCCESS*

It's a damn shame the above didn't happen sooner.

I personally would have much preferred to work a 6 day week for 12 hours a day myself.

What we must always, always remember is that economic performance is the only metric by which we need to assess the success of our society. Work life balance, mental and physical health and all those other things are just hippy nonsense for slackers.

Great post.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies