Ryanair cutting a further 48 flights a week from Dublin in January

youth-decay

Just saw that on the news - I had to mute Mick when he came on, before his inevitable and pointless ranting about Terminal 2 sent me into a rage.

Grumpy Jack

Just saw that on the news - I had to mute Mick when he came on, before his inevitable and pointless ranting about Terminal 2 sent me into a rage.
Indeed. Micko's usual distraction from the fact that Poxair is haemorraghing passengers in Ireland and the UK. Tiresome little twat.

Of course it's nothing to do with not enough passengers wanting to fly to those locations - because flying ain't top of the ordinary Joe's priority list during a recession.

If people wanted to fly there now, Poxair would keep the flights going.

But you blame it all on the DAA and the governments, Micko - few believe your sh1te anymore and even less give a flying f**k what you have to say.

martino

Bad news. Cutting the Dublin-Cork route makes it more difficult for people from the South to get away.

Grumpy Jack

He's right though!
No he's not. He's a one-trick whinger who most people have seen through long ago.

T2 was needed when it was planned and construction begun and it will be needed in the years to come when the economy improves.

Why do so many O'Leary sycophants think the the main gateway to this country should resemble a Poxair shed-on-a-runway-in-the-middle-of-nowhere?

hammer

He still runs a company that makes profits in excess of €300 million a year in a DEPRESSION :)

Dont be bitter.

disgruntledcitizen

Bad news. Cutting the Dublin-Cork route makes it more difficult for people from the South to get away.
its a 2 1/2 hour drive from Cork to Dublin on the new motorway, that is hardly a substancial barrier to getting a flight if required from Dublin.

the finally delivered motorway network greatly reduce the need / desire to have domestic fights, add to that the much improved rail network* and just as in most of western europe air travel does not make sense over relatively short distances

* though it is noted our airports are not serviced by rail as they are in many other countries

Tigris Celtica

No he's not. He's a one-trick whinger who most people have seen through long ago.

T2 was needed when it was planned and construction begun and it will be needed in the years to come when the economy improves.

I hope I'm wrong but I think it will look very out of date by the time the economy improves to a level that requires it....
Why do so many O'Leary sycophants think the the main gateway to this country should resemble a Poxair shed-on-a-runway-in-the-middle-of-nowhere?

Pier D is a disgrace as well - You've got to walk about a mile to get to the exit and the few travellators are so short and far apart that I don't know why they bothered with them... :mad:

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie

No, we had perfectly good and underused airports in Shannon and Cork. T2 is too big, too expensive and too late. And it's one of the biggest manifestations of the silliness that went on during the bubble.

maxthedog

So can we put-off the repayments, until the economy improves, in twenty years time. Or should we just shut up , while characters with an anti Ryan Air agenda, tell us to stump up the money to keep Taj Mahal 2 open.

martino

its a 2 1/2 hour drive from Cork to Dublin on the new motorway, that is hardly a substancial barrier to getting a flight if required from Dublin.

the finally delivered motorway network greatly reduce the need / desire to have domestic fights, add to that the much improved rail network* and just as in most of western europe air travel does not make sense over relatively short distances

* though it is noted our airports are not serviced by rail as they are in many other countries
Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. Cork to Dublin with Ryanair in half an hour for roughly 20 euro ( sometimes six euro) brings you directly to the airport for your connection flight-excellent service and used to be available four times a day. Not everybody drives and having to pay tolls and parking makes that option unattractive. The train is also expensive and then you have to make another long journey across Dublin to get to the airport.

Grumpy Jack

No, we had perfectly good and underused airports in Shannon and Cork. T2 is too big, too expensive and too late. And it's one of the biggest manifestations of the silliness that went on during the bubble.
Airlines don't want to use Shannon and Cork - that's why they keep pulling out.

Dublin is the capital and has the main international airport which is now less than three hours' drive for the majority of the population. It will grow and expand as the economy grows. And that is why DUB will remain so attractive to airlines as the economy improves and when T2 will show its worth.

maxthedog

arrive an hour and a half before boarding. You seem to have forgotton airport taxes. Plus taxi too and from airports.

Drove Cork -Dublin last weekend 2hrs 15 minutes. 3 passengers, up and down 40 Euro.

disgruntledcitizen

Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. Cork to Dublin with Ryanair in half an hour for roughly 20 euro ( sometimes six euro) brings you directly to the airport for your connection flight-excellent service and used to be available four times a day. Not everybody drives and having to pay tolls and parking makes that option unattractive. The train is also expensive and then you have to make another long journey across Dublin to get to the airport.
you're not factoring in the time before the flight, check in , security,, faffing about waiting for boarding, boarding, taxi, flight, land, taxi, disembark, (immigration sometimes) baggage.

all in all its probably not much more time than driving to Dublin Airport.

as for costs, i guess its relative and depending on the numbers of people, call it 50 - 70 for fuel, parking we'll call equal in both or off sets the taxi costs to Cork Airport. for those whom take the train there are express buses to / from the airport from the train stations that are pretty quick also.

simple fact is if enough people wanted to pay for it and avail of Cork <> Dublin flights then the airlines would provide it, the removal of it show's there isn't the demand for it, just like in much of europe

Mushroom

I'm a fairly regular user of the Dublin-Cork Ryanair route, as I live about 15 minutes drive from Dublin airport. Car Parking costs me €8 a day and the return flight costs at most €14, including all charges. I pre-book a hired card from Cork airport (I need to get to Skibbereen) which costs around €22. Generally, I am in Skib by 11.15 - I leave Skib at 16.00 pm, drive to the airport and return the car and am normally home well before 20.00 - less than 12 hours after I left that morning.

There is no better way to travel to Cork.

At a guess I'd reckon that the plane is normally 60% full, each-way.

hmmm

The usual Ryanair haters come out to play. If anything we should be paying O'Leary for getting tourists into this country.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies