• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Ryanair To Buy 200 Boeing Planes Worth $18 billion

TODevastated

i would think that if you are right, which i very much doubt, it is a very expensive knee jerk reaction

Tin Foil Hat

Europe's worst low fares airline Ryanair is going to buy 200 Boeing aircrafts to tune of $18 billion.

If I can help I avoid flying ShyteAir but this deal could be deadly for Europe's worst low fares airline. A knew-jerk reaction to the recent EU ruling on the Aer Lingus acquisition? Or sound business decision for the better and cheaper aircraft?
Michael O'Leary is a horrible man. But he knows how to make money. Ryanair haven't spent €18bn without doing their sums.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
why do people crib about ryanair... if you don't like them, you dont use them

i travelled aer lingus a few weeks ago to the UK... and the flight was grand.. but no different than had it been one of the many Ryanair flights I've taken.. get on a plane, go up, come down, get off.. what exactly do people expect ?

Tin Foil Hat

why do people crib about ryanair... if you don't like them, you dont use them

i travelled aer lingus a few weeks ago to the UK... and the flight was grand.. but no different than had it been one of the many Ryanair flights I've taken.. get on a plane, go up, come down, get off.. what exactly do people expect ?
To be treated like a paying customer. Not like some pr!ck who's putting them out by giving them my money.

Dr Pat

O'Leary can be a silly twat at times but he knows how to make money and to stick it to the good for nothing wasters in the unions which is great. Way to go, boy!

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
To be treated like a paying customer. Not like some pr!ck who's putting them out by giving them my money.
You pay for a flight somewhere... 99.99% of the time.. that's what happens.. you get a flight somewhere.. exactly what else do you want.. honestly like ?

Mrwoody

It was also mentioned that the actually only paid 9 BN for the 18 bn book value of the planes so good deal if true.

ShankillFalls

Is Ryanair the best known Irish international brand? (excluding Guinness as it is part of Diageo and the HQ is in the UK)......

Fritzbox

Is Ryanair the best known Irish international brand? (excluding Guinness as it is part of Diageo and the HQ is in the UK)......
Yeah, terrifying to think it might be...

There's also Primark.

wombat

where will they borrow the money to buy the Boing aircrafts?
They have a large pile of cash but they will probably do some kind of circular leasing arrangement with banks or financial funds.