Sabine who ? Sabine Weyand

brughahaha

Who is Sabine Weyand ? Well she is a 20 year veteran of Brussels , and she is tasked with negotiating Irelands border and future relationship with the UK
Who elected her ...well no one ,ever, shes purely a Brussels insider technocrat answerable to no one ....... in fact i doubt if anyone in Ireland ever heard of her ...yet she probably carries more power or influence over Irelands future than the Dail , the cabinet or the taoiseach

Who will she be accountable to ? Well no one on the island of Ireland , despite the fact its our futures shes negotiating .......

But yep theres no democratic or accountability deficit at the heart of the EU, its a great idea to have an unelected unaccountable bureaucrat not from here negotiating our future :roll:
Well done Ireland ...what could possibly go wrong

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/eu-tells-uk-to-get-serious-as-brexit-talks-resume-in-brussels-1.3201056
What a fooking joke !

Half Nelson

Linky?

GDPR

The UK is not negotiating a treaty with Ireland anymore.

You should be grateful for that, given what happens when it is just UK vs Ireland.

willow68

Who is Sabine Weyand ? Well she is a 20 year veteran of Brussels , and she is tasked with negotiating Irelands border and future relationship with the UK
Who elected her ...well no one ,ever, shes purely a Brussels insider technocrat answerable to no one ....... in fact i doubt if anyone in Ireland ever heard of her ...yet she probably carries more power or influence over Irelands future than the Dail , the cabinet or the taoiseach

Who will she be accountable to ? Well no one on the island of Ireland , despite the fact its our futures shes negotiating .......

But yep theres no democratic or accountability deficit at the heart of the EU, its a great idea to have an unelected unaccountable bureaucrat not from here negotiating our future :roll:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/eu-tells-uk-to-get-serious-as-brexit-talks-resume-in-brussels-1.3201056
What a fooking joke !
The Eu has become the sow that eats her own farrow. High time for meaningful reform - or break it into fragments.

brughahaha

The UK is not negotiating a treaty with Ireland anymore.

You should be grateful for that, given what happens when it is just UK vs Ireland.
you dont like the Good friday agreement ? Probably the gin talking already

firefly123

We have a Veto so I'm not sure what your point is? Do you believe Leo Varadkar should be the negotiator or would any irish person do?

gleeful

What a fooking joke !
The team was picked by the Commission, who are approved by Parliament and the Irish Government. The EU team is a lot more democratically legitimate than the Tory headbangers and whitehall mandarins.

midlander12

in the IT article
Sadly I can't read it as it's behind a paywall. In truth, Ms Weyand (whom I've never heard of needless to say) will probably do as good a job as any of our own political reps - you know, the ones who keep maintaining that Irish and EU interests are always going to be the same.

brughahaha

We have a Veto so I'm not sure what your point is? Do you believe Leo Varadkar should be the negotiator or would any irish person do?
Bless ..you think the Irish political classes would dare go against anything the EU tells it to do ? in a coma in 2008 were you ?

brughahaha

The team was picked by the Commission, who are approved by Parliament and the Irish Government. The EU team is a lot more democratically legitimate than the Tory headbangers and whitehall mandarins.

which Parliament ...whats our representation in this parliament ?

really when did ms/mrs weyand ever get elected to anything

appointed ...elected ....small ...far away ...not the same dougal

brughahaha

are you actually stupid enough to believe EU appointed commissioners are more more democratic than elected members of Parliament ?

sweet jesus :roll:

Not just headbangers in Whitehall it seems ...youre a prize example

O'Quisling

Info on “The Managerial Revolution” (1941) by James Burnham (1905 – 1987)

While we’re talking about functionaries . . . .
Who’s this guy ?

Martin Fraser - the man with responsibility for dealing with Brexit in the RoI
Fraser the secretary general of the Department of the Taoiseach heads up a “small, new” unit within the Department of the Taoiseach to represents the Irish State’s interests in the secession of the British State from the EU

reportage on the establishment of the Irish State unit on Brexit here

Profile on Martin Fraser

Cellachán Chaisil

I don't see why we would use anything other than professional negotiators in this instance. I would have thought that was par for the course for trade and diplomatic deals. Once they're accountable, that's all that matters.

Cdebru

I'll do it, whats the pay and the hours like ? if it's good this could be a lengthy complicated process.

Cdebru

Bless ..you think the Irish political classes would dare go against anything the EU tells it to do ? in a coma in 2008 were you ?
If it involves changes to EU treaties it will be up to all of us to have our say.

Cdebru

are you actually stupid enough to believe EU appointed commissioners are more more democratic than elected members of Parliament ?

sweet jesus :roll:

Not just headbangers in Whitehall it seems ...youre a prize example

Are you actually stupid enough to believe that elected members of parliament do all the negotiation ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies