Sacked ministers get €25,000 to soften blow

Ulster-Lad

What do you expect?

There laughing at us, if we dont stop them they will just carry on.

DCon

Do not forget that Willie O'Dea got a 100K payoff when he was forced to resign.

This, of course, covered the amount he had to pay the man he slandered.

Ulster-Lad

This should be made aware to everyone in any election campaign.

controller

Would it be unethical of me to rally against all of this type of cronyism and still go for election so that I could secure a ministerial post?? Or would that just make me a typical Irish politician??

muffin

The truth here is what people dont realise is. If government sacks them, the victims can sue the state and it would run into millions, not thousands. They have alot of money and can hire good lawyers. I agree with the system being ridiculous with pay. I would prefer the approach of getting rid of them pronto with packet but didnt realise they get more. 25,000 is a years salary for alot of people in this country. But its better than them suing the state for thousands or millions.

I hate it as much as you do. I wish they reduce the pay but they cant as they would abuse the contracts. It way too much in these times. They also seriously need to reduce the wages, I mean minimum wage as its ridiculously high and they can create jobs. Unfortunately, it leaves people in positions with high rates of morgages, etc who bought things during boom. The truth is buying a house is a risk anyway as its also an investment. Its complicated.:roll:

goosebump

Is there any other job in the civilised world where you can get fired at a day's notice, and have your pay be cut by 40%, for no reason?

If you were earning €140k in the private sector, and you were suddenly demoted for reasons that had nothing to do with your performance, and your pay dropped to €90k, and you weren't given any sort of redundancy or parachute money, would you just sit back and take it?

Ulster-Lad

Is there any other job in the civilised world where you can get fired at a day's notice, and have your pay be cut by 40%, for no reason?

If you were earning €140k in the private sector, and you were suddenly demoted for reasons that had nothing to do with your performance, and your pay dropped to €90k, and you weren't given any sort of redundancy or parachute money, would you just sit back and take it?
This one quit and was not sacked.....

New figures released last night also showed former Ceann Comhairle John O’Donoghue, who quit last year amid uproar over his expenses, walked away with €18,481 in the first instalment of a “golden parachute” – and he is due more cash.
and this one

A former Attorney General, ex-AIB chairman Dermot Gleeson, who stepped down from his position in the bank last year, received a pension payment of €50,899.

New Threads

Most Replies