Sacré Bleu! - France to make Brexit Blue Passports

Wascurito

So much for EU Britain! The ironies

A British company called De La Rue
The new passports to be produced in France - well, if the UK decides to stay in the EU, does not matter either way.

Who produces and where are Irish passports made?
"An award-winning Irish company prints our passports.

https://dlrsgroup.com/security-print-solutions/passports/[/I]"

http://www.politics.ie/forum/brexit/262777-sacre-bleu-france-make-brexit-blue-passports-4.html#post11938128

Tribal

Bound by the EU procurement rules through to the end of 2020 is behind this. Come December 31st 2020 they can dispense with that contract.
Could you imagine all the business UK will lose if contacts become void?

It's already telling that extraditions to the UK are being withheld until its known what relationship the UK will accept with the ECJ.

Beachcomber

Thought you were Canadian? They worked for ten years to get a trade deal with the EU.

BTW, Britain is still operating under EU rules on procurement during the transition period so they had to choose the best offer according to very detailed, fair and comprehensive regulations.

They can decide to print them wherever they want once they leave - in Taiwan, if they like. Off the back of a lorry. :D

Did you?

Why?

They can decide to print them wherever they want once they leave

That's my point. They will be free to do so.

Some seem to think that everything will have to be produced IN the UK.

GDPR

Did you?

Why?

They can decide to print them wherever they want once they leave

That's my point. They will be free to do so.

Some seem to think that everything will have to be produced IN the UK.
You are not a Canadian? I was sure you were. Mind you, you dont sound like most Canadians I have met. However not having met them all, I cant tell how typical you are.

Spirit Of Newgrange

Name 1 and link the evidence.
wow.....you lot are super sensitive.

edit. walk down the street in Blanchardstown....now, happy ?

Last edited:

Deadlock

just google 'primary school Blanchardstown' and find the photographic evidence for yourself.
Shame on you.

That's a very ugly and frankly deviant sentiment and statement to make in any public context. The image evoked of adults trawling websites of primary schools searching for children - children FFS - who are ethnic minorities or racially different is nothing short of sickening.

You have no place in civilised discourse and deserve nothing but contempt.

You have mine.

Tribal

Shame on you.

That's a very ugly and frankly deviant sentiment and statement to make in any public context. The image evoked of adults trawling websites of primary schools searching for children - children FFS - who are ethnic minorities or racially different is nothing short of sickening.

You have no place in civilised discourse and deserve nothing but contempt.

You have mine.
I think it's worthy of a report to the Gardai for targeting of individuals. Anyone good on the regality on this?

Deadlock

I think it's worthy of a report to the Gardai for targeting of individuals. Anyone good on the regality on this?
Sadly not my skill set. Absolutely revolting post and sentiment. Worst I've ever seen here and that's saying something.

Tribal

Sadly not my skill set. Absolutely revolting post and sentiment. Worst I've ever seen here and that's saying something.
There was definitely intent to target certain individuals for attention. I reckon it's actionable.

Gin Soaked

And breathtakingly smaller than it was before they mismanaged the native one into oblivion. Now it's Nissans and Peugots and other stale and boring cars no one ever aspires to own.

Aside from Land rover, there is no mass market premium brand from Britain. No BMW / Audi or Mercedes rival. Quite an achievement.

And yet, they dominate in the really high end F1 Team engineering. The UK have some brilliant engineering talent. But it does not translate into hard industry volume.

Tribal

Aside from Land rover, there is no mass market premium brand from Britain.
What's to stop Tata moving Land Rover production to Europe, like their Jaguar plant in Austria and electric car design hub in Shannon?

Spirit Of Newgrange

Shame on you.

That's a very ugly and frankly deviant sentiment and statement to make in any public context.
you had better start with all the journalists then. The irish becoming a minority in our own country is a very possible reality over the next 100 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/09/audit-lays-bare-racial-disparities-in-uk-schools-courts-and-workplaces

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2016/06/28/rise-in-ethnic-minority-pupils-in-primary-schools-figures-show/

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/mar/22/english-state-primary-schools-ethnically-segregated-white-british-children

Last edited:

Tribal

Malcolm Redfellow

Website
redfellow.blogspot.com
Twitter
mredfellow
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5869560/home-office-accused-of-national-humiliation-after-deciding-new-blue-british-passports-will-be-made-in-france/

"HOME Office chiefs were last night accused of “a national humiliation” after deciding FRANCE will make Britain’s new blue passports.

British company De La Rue is to be stripped of its long-standing contract to produce the nation’s new identity documents."

So much for Global Britain.
Small media-explosion. Nobody hurt.

What left me bewildered was what appeared to be the sheer incompetence of the British bureaucracy:

1. Nobody with the brain-cell count of a plant (OK: that excludes certain types) believed #Brexit could be achieved in the timescale from triggering Article 50.

2. Yet the less-mentally-endowed allowed the right-wing media to build up this head-of-steam to 'bring back the iconic blue passport'. This could have been averted with a quiet word (plus the promise of titles, even buy-your-own ermine) in the ears of media moguls.

3. But — oh, no! It was announced (paeans of trumpets) the good Old British passport would be back. Not quite as blue, perhaps. Same format as everyone else. Just a different cover.

4. Which brings us to the present point.

5. Why, instead, was there not a bit of sub-rosa paper-shuffling, with de la Rue asked for a follow-up order? Not a new contract, you understand. Just a continuation of existing arrangements. For the meantime. Nudge-nudge. Wink-wink.

6. Thus, until the UK had become totally disencumbered of EU decencies, no great domestic damage would be suffered.

Spirit Of Newgrange

You specifically targeted a school for racial profiling.
if i wished to use the services of a private school in, say, Japan. As a customer, Would it be fair to look at all the websites of all the relevant schools ? If i was profiling for academic standards/ fashion sense / 'international focus' or average age of students.........that would be acceptable to you ?

and based upon what i found on these websites, i may choose to become a customer ..yea or nay. And its nobody's elses business.

that is a totally legal and reasonable methodology. No ?

Spirit Of Newgrange

You specifically targeted a school for racial profiling.
which school ? no , i didnt.

what if i look at the websites of all the schools in Iceland. You got a problem with that too ? maybe the surnames will indicate to what extent a kid has a good chance of learning the local language ? That is ethnic profiling too. Stop being so precious and realise that the world is a complex place.

People send their kids to Eton or Harrow because they can. Is that prejudiced ?

Tribal

Spirit Of Newgrange

and if somebody chooses to avoid a particular school, that is also their own business.

Maybe it is the proximity to the motorway, maybe its the religion, maybe its the induction policy or the standards of the football team.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies