• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Safefood.eu , who is retarded, them or us?

D

Dylan2010

Over the past few weeks there have been a series of very patronising adverts, one was about not eating out of date food from your fridge, wow that was new to me thanks, how much did that advert cost? this morning I was treated to the priceless bit of information of not to go shopping when hungry and try not to bring the kids because of something called pester power whatever that is.

if other quangos start getting involved will we be treated to adverts on why you should tie your shoelaces or not using a hair dryer in the bath?

ive no doubt there is any number of barely functioning adults out there but there has to be better ways of reaching these simpletons if they must instead of wasting taxpayers moeny

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
There...em...aimed at Fine Fail supporters and voters. Simpletons all who backslap the likes of Cowen and Aherne as been great men who ran the country. These are the types who eat mouldy yoghurt and stale bread with the 'tae' as the counts are been tallied.

Personally I'd let then get ill an enjoy the hospital fare for a while.

There...em...aimed at Fine Fail supporters and voters. Simpletons all who backslap the likes of Cowen and Aherne as been great men who ran the country. These are the types who eat mouldy yoghurt and stale bread with the 'tae' as the counts are been tallied.

Personally I'd let then get ill an enjoy the hospital fare for a while.
P.ie in a nutshell. :roll:

S

simeongrimes

The idea that government would manage us comes from the notion that they are responsible for our health care. It makes us like their children. The vast majority of people are wedded to the idea that government should pay for the grown up stuff so we can keep out money for treats. If we act like children we will be treated like children.

niall78

I'm sure some connected insider has made a small fortune off these adverts. I suspect that is the main point of this information "campaign". I'm waiting breathlessly for the one that details how to wipe an arse properly.

Clanrickard

The idea that government would manage us comes from the notion that they are responsible for our health care. It makes us like their children. The vast majority of people are wedded to the idea that government should pay for the grown up stuff so we can keep out money for treats. If we act like children we will be treated like children.
Well if people think they have a god given right to health care at the taxpayers expense the government needs to reduce the chances of them damaging their health. Personally like you I think people need to behave like adults. I'd like to see obese people and smokers pay more for their health care. It would soon soften their cough.

Clanrickard

Sync

We have a developing obesity problem in the country and still have a large % of people who think it's a great idea to inhale cancerous toxins as recreation. I get to pay for these morons when they hearts/lungs stop working. I'm willing to be the majority of food poisoing cases in Ireland come about from people eating expired food.

So I've no problem with advertising aimed at explicitly telling them basic things.

Just for some context, this is not new.

Public services announcements have been around since I was a child. They're typically free to broadcast.

Marcos the black

My primary degree is in Hotel Management from Cathal Brugha street. They ran a course back then, and I'm sure still do called "Home Management".. It was designed to teach the benefits of running a house, and a household budget effectively. Everything from knitting (making your own) to weekly shopping was covered.
Looking at the state of our country now, and the level of personal indebtedness I would say it's an awful pity that this course wasn't more widely available.. Imagine where we would be if people actually lived within their budget!

B

Boggle

We have a developing obesity problem in the country and still have a large % of people who think it's a great idea to inhale cancerous toxins as recreation. I get to pay for these morons when they hearts/lungs stop working. I'm willing to be the majority of food poisoing cases in Ireland come about from people eating expired food.

So I've no problem with advertising aimed at explicitly telling them basic things.
Look at you and how great you are!

(Never mind the fact that it's actually the smokers paying for you)

Dylan2010 said:
Over the past few weeks there have been a series of very patronising adverts, one was about not eating out of date food from your fridge, wow that was new to me thanks, how much did that advert cost? this morning I was treated to the priceless bit of information of not to go shopping when hungry and try not to bring the kids because of something called pester power whatever that is.

if other quangos start getting involved will we be treated to adverts on why you should tie your shoelaces or not using a hair dryer in the bath?

ive no doubt there is any number of barely functioning adults out there but there has to be better ways of reaching these simpletons if they must instead of wasting taxpayers moeny
It's not just the safe food stuff. How many pointless adds are being run on telly and radio that really aren't needed? The stuff about the cars is equally ridiculous.
They are simple examples of our media being bought through advertising.

It's sickening, especially when you come straight from Toxic Avengers mental illness thread to see how irresponsible this 'broke' state can be with money.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
The 'retarded" are people with impaired cognitive functioning, and it is not appropriate to use them as a term of abuse against any group orto make a point on this site.

D

Dylan2010

The 'retarded" are people with impaired cognitive functioning, and it is not appropriate to use them as a term of abuse against any group orto make a point on this site.
im using it in internet/youtube speak. The term used would be considered out of date in its original meaning

EvotingMachine0197

Or 'retarded' are engines which have ignition later than the manufacturers specification. To me the word simply means 'delayed'.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Or 'retarded' are engines which have ignition later than the manufacturers specification. To me the word simply means 'delayed'.
There are valid uses of the word. It's about context. In the title, it clearly does not mean "delayed" and the OP has already said he used it as it is used on...um...YouTube.

B

Boggle

There are valid uses of the word. It's about context. In the title, it clearly does not mean "delayed" and the OP has already said he used it as it is used on...um...YouTube.
Who cares? He is making a valid point and griping about what language he used to express his concern is really not very relevant.
He clearly intended no offense*.

*To those with MI. HE clearly meant to imply that safefood are unnecessary leeches.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies