Sallins Train Robbery

Johnny

There's a new book out on the Sallins train robbery called, " While Justice Slept: The True Story of Nicky Kelly and the Sallins Robbery"

Mentioned in the Sunday Business Post

It lays the blame squarely at the door of the Provos and contains an interview with the self-proclaimed ringleader. Interesting, in that it would seem to back up the claim that it was widely known at the time that it was the work of the Provos, but that the branch merely used it as an excuse to smash the newly emerging IRSP.

TheBear

And here was me thinking that there had been a big train heist in Kildare last night...

Cael

I wonder if the crimes of the Heavy Gang and their political masters ever be properly investigated.

cropbeye

And of Course

And of Course Nicky Kelly is nowadays

in with the revisionist Rabitte Labour shower!

Abaddon

Cael said:
I wonder if the crimes of the Heavy Gang and their political masters ever be properly investigated.
Only when the last of them are dead and they can't be punished for their crimes against the Irish public. :evil:

jerryp

Re: And of Course

cropbeye said:
And of Course Nicky Kelly is nowadays

in with the revisionist Rabitte Labour shower!
It happens all the time : it's known as growing up !

rob

There are other books. One is Round up the Usual Suspects by Gene Kerrigan. Anyone know the titles of the two others. I saw them linked somewhere recently but cannot find. One had the words special criminal court in title i thin

diaspora-mick

There are other books. One is Round up the Usual Suspects by Gene Kerrigan. Anyone know the titles of the two others. I saw them linked somewhere recently but cannot find. One had the words special criminal court in title i thin
Might be this one?

Fullforward

On his last election outing ( General Election 2011 ) he got 518 votes. That's 518 too many.

rob

Last edited:

rob

On his last election outing ( General Election 2011 ) he got 518 votes. That's 518 too many.
I am only interested in the train robbery aspect of his life

Ah I do remember that Graffiti

"Free Nicky Kelly.................................... with every box of Cornflakes"

Apple in Eden

Might be this one?

I think one of the judges in the case was actually asleep for a few hours during the trial. Kelly was set up but I don't think it was an active Provo plot. The heavy gang were a shower of bastards but a lot of Republicans at the time were as well.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies