Samsung permanently ends NOTE 7 Production

robut

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/business/international/samsung-galaxy-note7-terminated.html?_r=0

SEOUL, South Korea — Samsung Electronics is terminating production of its troubled Galaxy Note 7 smartphone, according to a person familiar with the decision, in a major and embarrassing about-face for the South Korean electronics giant.

In a statement filed with the country’s stock exchange late Tuesday, Samsung said it had made a “final decision” to stop production. That means the company will no longer produce or market the smartphone, said the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because Samsung did not publicly disclose further information about the decision.
OTHER SOURCES:

WALL STREET JOURNAL - http://www.wsj.com/articles/samsung-to-permanently-discontinue-galaxy-note-7-smartphone-1476177331/

ENGADGET - https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/11/samsung-ends-production-of-the-galaxy-note-7-for-good/

CNN - Samsung ends production of Galaxy Note 7 after fires - Oct. 11, 2016

Not a good day for Samsung nor mobile phone competition. Samsung only company to take on Apple might? Hope it doesnt spread to other Samsung handsets? Even the psychology alone is major damaging.

Sad about this as I am one of those who have had NOTE Phones since the Note 1.

I wonder will this be the end of the line for the Note? Rebranding needed?

On social Media their is talk of Samsung Note being sabotaged .. :D

Last edited:

*EPIC SUCCESS*

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/business/international/samsung-galaxy-note7-terminated.html?_r=0

OTHER SOURCES:

WALL STREET JOURNAL - Samsung to Permanently Discontinue Galaxy Note 7 Smartphone - WSJ

ENGADGET - https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/11/samsung-ends-production-of-the-galaxy-note-7-for-good/

CNN - Samsung ends production of Galaxy Note 7 after fires - Oct. 11, 2016

Not a good day for Samsung nor mobile phone competition. Samsung only company to take on Apple might? Hope it doesnt spread to other Samsung handsets? Even the psychology alone is major damaging.

Sad about this as I am one of those who have had NOTE Phones since the Note 1.

I wonder will this be the end of the line for the Note? Rebranding needed?

On social Media their is talk of Samsung Note being sabotaged .. :D
Conspiracy theory ahead warning!

Well stuxnet was able to feck up physical production lines infecting production software and PLCs so its possible. As Apple has been shown to be a two face bunch of ************************s, I wouldn't put it past them but I would equally be highly sceptical of them doing something like that either. On the other hand, what other nation has it in for South Korea and would have no problem (morally none, technically, not so sure) creating and unleashing a piece of malware of that complexity....?

'We gotta catch em all General - if we don't, you're for it!''

robut

Conspiracy theory ahead warning!

Well stuxnet was able to feck up physical production lines infecting production software and PLCs so its possible. As Apple has been shown to be a two face bunch of ************************s, I wouldn't put it past them but I would equally be highly sceptical of them doing something like that either. On the other hand, what other nation has it in for South Korea and would have no problem (morally none, technically, not so sure) creating and unleashing a piece of malware of that complexity....?

'We gotta catch em all General - if we don't, you're for it!''
Also China .. batteries from there? And other parts?

In comments elsewhere people are talking about the NOTE 7 as having the first USB C port .. which would be used for charging. Because samsung DID replace the batteries on some NOTE 7s AND they still exploded, could point to other circuitry causing the problem.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Also China .. batteries from there? And other parts?

In comments elsewhere people are talking about the NOTE 7 as having the first USB C port .. which would be used for charging. Because samsung DID replace the batteries on some NOTE 7s AND they still exploded, could point to other circuitry causing the problem.
Say what you like about the Chinese, but they are nothing if not pragmatic. They wouldn't bother risking their reputation for some petty attack like that. Possible, but highly unlikely. If this was sabotage, my money would be on the North - if it was sabotage and I have no reason to think so to be honest.

robut

Say what you like about the Chinese, but they are nothing if not pragmatic. They wouldn't bother risking their reputation for some petty attack like that. Possible, but highly unlikely. If this was sabotage, my money would be on the North - if it was sabotage and I have no reason to think so to be honest.
Yip - As i mentioned, some bods are now focusing on other circuitry as the battery itself may not have been the issue. Apparently the USB C port circuitry can be dodgy .. you would have to google about this, I only spotted same on some tech site forums, nothing in media yet.

EDIT - Samsung Galaxy Note 7 explodes while charging using a USB Type-C converter

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies