Sanctions against Japan

Cruimh

Japanese whale hunters kill 122 pregnant minke

Japanese hunters caught and killed 122 pregnant minke whales as part of its Antarctic summer "field survey".

A report sent to the International Whaling Commission (IWC) reveals hunters caught 333 minkes in total.

The team left Japan in November 2017 for the Southern Ocean and returned in March 2018.

Japan says its whaling programme is for scientific purposes, despite a 2014 UN ruling against its "lethal research" and widespread condemnation.
Scientific purposes my arse.

The UN should initiate sanctions and people should boycott Japanese goods.

And hopefully Japanese embassies, consulates and trade delegations will be picketed.

Dame_Enda

There should be a ban on the sale of whale meat caught on "scientific" missions". That would reduce the incentive to do this.

Catalpast

And hopefully Japanese embassies, consulates and trade delegations will be picketed.
What a warped fellow you are

- the deaths of pregnant whales means more to you than the deaths of thousands of Irish Children

You are Truly Sick Mate!:?

The Field Marshal

Im trying to organize a whale hunt off the southern coast of Ireland.

gleeful

The UN should declare all whales to legal persons with 'human' rights.

Lagertha

What a warped fellow you are

- the deaths of pregnant whales means more to you than the deaths of thousands of Irish Children

You are Truly Sick Mate!:?
Lots of abortion threads to post on, this isn't one of them so don't bring that crap here.

O'Quisling

Yea. The current day practice of whaling in Japan has never made any sense to me.

They still do that ritual dolphin slaughter in that bay in Japan.

I'd have the entire Japanese nation endure compulsory en-masse daily watching of "Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home". Until I could deem that they got the message.

sadcitizen

Japan has bigger animal welfare problems than just whaling. Anybody ever been to a Japanese Zoo? It's like stepping 80 years back in time. Whaling seems to stand in contrast with the perception that they're a technologically advanced and wealthy nation, but it's fully consistent with the rest of their society in my experience. They also flay and serve live animals:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikizukuri

Is selling whale meat illegal there? It's done openly.

Analyzer

Cruimh, I presume that you are boycotting Provo Petroleum Inc. ?

Lagertha

Japan has bigger animal welfare problems than just whaling. Anybody ever been to a Japanese Zoo? It's like stepping 80 years back in time. Whaling seems to stand in contrast with the perception that they're a technologically advanced and wealthy nation, but it's fully consistent with the rest of their society in my experience. They also flay and serve live animals:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikizukuri

Is selling whale meat illegal there? It's done openly.
Very true and they insist on testing products on animals. I make it a point to make sure that I buy as many products as possible that aren't tested on animals, thankfully most major manufacturers aren't testing on animals anymore and many are refusing to sell to the Japanese market because they know that their products will be used on animals. Japan and China both have horrific track records of animal cruelty. I'm not tarring all Chinese and Japanese people with that brush, many of them love animals and try to do what they can for them, it's hard to fight a government that controls it's people so much.

PC Principle

Its just a cluster of cells...................and a lot of selective outrage around the same time each year.

Catalpast

Lots of abortion threads to post on, this isn't one of them so don't bring that crap here.
I am just pointing out what a hypocrite the OP is

- pregnant Japanese Whales are of more concern to him

- than Unborn Humans in Ireland...

I know its weird

- but there you have it...

DexterGreen22

Can't say I'm enthusiastic about what the Japanese fleets are doing to the Whales.

There will be no serious sanctions against Japan so long as Japan sides with the West when it comes to China.

If we boycott Japan over this, is SA oil to be boycotted as well after their (far worse) actions in Yemen? India for the caste system? China for annexing international waters?
What about Bahrain? Or what about......

Catalpast

Its a sick World we are living in when the fate of whales

- is more important than the fate of People...:|

Lagertha

I am just pointing out what a hypocrite the OP is

- pregnant Japanese Whales are of more concern to him

- than Unborn Humans in Ireland...

I know its weird

- but there you have it...
Pregnant Japanese whales are more important to me as well.

Lagertha

Its just a cluster of cells...................and a lot of selective outrage around the same time each year.
Whale hunting is barbaric and horrific and totally unnecessary. I really hate how they can hide a cultural thing under the guise of a scientific thing and get away with it.

sadcitizen

Very true and they insist on testing products on animals. I make it a point to make sure that I buy as many products as possible that aren't tested on animals, thankfully most major manufacturers aren't testing on animals anymore and many are refusing to sell to the Japanese market because they know that their products will be used on animals. Japan and China both have horrific track records of animal cruelty. I'm not tarring all Chinese and Japanese people with that brush, many of them love animals and try to do what they can for them, it's hard to fight a government that controls it's people so much.
I didn't know this about animal testing there. It's funny how only China seems to get the reputation for cruelty. Honorable Japan is just adhering to noble tradition.

Lagertha

I didn't know this about animal testing there. It's funny how only China seems to get the reputation for cruelty. Honorable Japan is just adhering to noble tradition.
There really isn't much need for testing on animals. I hate that medical stuff is tested on them, but in this day and age trying to cause pain in an animal to see if the product will cause pain in a human is just ridiculous.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies