• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Satan's Tax Dawning!

Destiny's Soldier

Carbon tax on the way - The Irish Times - Tue, Aug 04, 2009

FIVE YEARS after it was supposed to happen, a carbon tax and a climate change Bill may finally make it to the floor of the Dáil. John Gormley has received Cabinet approval to draft a climate change Bill that will set down principles in relation to greenhouse gas emissions and provide the mechanisms to deliver on them. Although the legislation will have to be cleared with Fianna Fáil, Taoiseach Brian Cowen is unlikely to persevere with the objections of his predecessor.
There never has been a tax so ill conceived as this.

This Govt, and opposition it must be said, are devoid of common sense.
The people will have to rise up and be counted and oppose such a tax.

Destiny's Soldier

even dumber thread title

Dumb to you, apt for others.

So get ready for a tax on Meat and Dairy Products -after all, Cattle represent 33% of all our "carbon emissions" how can they be allowed to escape?

Every facet of you life can be taxed down to the No. of Children you have which could only be conceived in the mind of Satan himself.

fiannafailure

This I believe is the reason the Green party are now supporting carbon based energy generation, we must suffer for our sins, this has huge implications for our already weak competitiveness

H

Heorditas

This I believe is the reason the Green party are now supporting carbon based energy generation, we must suffer for our sins, this has huge implications for our already weak competitiveness
We get taxed with a "Green Tax" and meanwhile Eamon Ryan is sanctioning the building of more gas powered generating stations.
Isn't it simply a disgrace :mad:

smitchy2

I think it’s a good reliable form of taxation.
It is linked to consumption as well so is equitable.

Shame we don’t have a water tax based on consumption considering the level of waste in this country and the amount of money spent on fixing leaks in our medieval water pipes.

smitchy2

You mean it's based on our continued existence.

I pay TAX therefore I exist.
No you use a commodity, you pay for it.
You don't use it, you don't pay.

We need to replace the insane property taxes with various more reliable consistent taxes as well as massive cuts in spending.

It's just to sort out the small problem of borrowing €20bn per year.

Wakeupcall

I will take the streets against this tax.

Everyone, please BEWARE this tax is being brought in to regulate our lives down to the minute details. OPPOSE this tax if you respect your freedom.

EarlyBird

People are starting to wise up to this tax on living, con job nonsense, bit by bit. The only thing I am worried about in relation to this is that they will phase this BS tax in incrementally, a few cents here, a few cents there. This nonsense has to be nipped in the bud on day one.

smitchy2

Commodity? You mean Food to sustain myself?
I exhale CO2 too. Should I be taxed for that too?
Ecological Fundamentalism will be the death of us all.
You get taxed on food already.

This is really in place to make it look like the Greens are doing something good.

I could not care too much about the environmental impact of this tax either way as I do believe that the global warming thing is completely blown out of proportion.

I do think this is a good additional fuel tax which will have a minimal effect on people while raising a fairly stable amount of tax revenue.
Water taxes should also be introduced as people do not give a sht about what they waste and that does have an effect on how much money we spend.

You sound like the kind of person who thinks water gets into your house without a cost.

Dios

So get ready for a tax on Meat and Dairy Products -after all, Cattle represent 33% of all our "carbon emissions" how can they be allowed to escape?
Looks like they finally figured out how to tax the air that we breathe. :D Anyway cattle produce a lot more methane than carbon, which as it turns out is a far more dangerous greenhouse gas, similar to gas fired plants.

Details details, I need more details.

athlonedub

I think it’s a good reliable form of taxation.
It is linked to consumption as well so is equitable.

Shame we don’t have a water tax based on consumption considering the level of waste in this country and the amount of money spent on fixing leaks in our medieval water pipes.
Agree with you there. A quota for "normal" use which is free - metered if necessary - and pay on a sliding scale for rest of use. If people want to leave their sprinklers on all the time, let them pay for it. (Mind you with the level of rainfall we have these days, one would have thought.....)

MsAnneThrope

And will it be ringfenced? Will it f***!

Another slush fund to avoid having to take the real "tough decisions". So jetsetting O'Donoghue can lay his weary head on the finest 5-star linens after a shpin in the €3,000-a-day shportscar and a €100 bar tab. Hic!

If this fraudulent tax ever gets a foothold it will be jacked up ridiculously, like excise duty, in years to come. :mad:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies