Saudi Girl Living in Germany Proposes Headscarf Emoji

Bea C

A fifteen year old Muslim girl from Saudi Arabia who lives now in Germany has sent her idea to the non-profit international body who decides on emoji.

Headscarf emoji proposed by 15-year-old Saudi girl - BBC News

Coming at a time as it does, of increased tension - especially across Europe - with regard to Islamic dress, it is one that will be watched more closely than one suggesting a new breed of dog get stuck onto the selection panel.
As is the case with most issues of enforced dress codes on Muslim women, my initial response is NO!!!
But considering that it is a hijab, as opposed to what you'd usually get in Wahabi centres such as Saudi, and males are dragged into it too, is it that big a deal?

silverharp

I have an idea for a Cheat Emoji , the above emojis wearing Apple ear buds?

Henry94.

Are there other religious emojis? If yes then ok. If not then no.

ShoutingIsLeadership

What exactly would be the problem with this?

And since when do emoji get decided upon? Surely they could be added by anybody with a tiny amount of such capability?

Bea C

What exactly would be the problem with this?

And since when do emoji get decided upon? Surely they could be added by anybody with a tiny amount of such capability?
I genuinely haven't a clue how it's done!
I'm too old to know, I'm only going on what the BBC tells me (alarming in itself?).
But I suppose if everybody got to slap anything on it'd be chaos?
I dunno!

mr. jings

Once the Romans stopped with the Christian-being-mauled-by-a-lion emoji on their wax tablets, the whole Empire went to pot. Just saying, like.

ShoutingIsLeadership

I genuinely haven't a clue how it's done!
I'm too old to know, I'm only going on what the BBC tells me (alarming in itself?).
But I suppose if everybody got to slap anything on it'd be chaos?
I dunno!

I reckon that my primary school nephews could whip an emoji up

Prof Honeydew

A fifteen year old Muslim girl from Saudi Arabia who lives now in Germany has sent her idea to the non-profit international body who decides on emoji.

Headscarf emoji proposed by 15-year-old Saudi girl - BBC News

Coming at a time as it does, of increased tension - especially across Europe - with regard to Islamic dress, it is one that will be watched more closely than one suggesting a new breed of dog get stuck onto the selection panel.
As is the case with most issues of enforced dress codes on Muslim women, my initial response is NO!!!
But considering that it is a hijab, as opposed to what you'd usually get in Wahabi centres such as Saudi, and males are dragged into it too, is it that big a deal?
If that's what floats her boat, best of luck to her.

I assume the emoji on the left is the Saudi boy. One is wearing Saudi male headdress and the other Saudi female headdress.

Socratus O' Pericles

Hi, what's going on? What's this all about.

sent a proposal to The Unicode Consortium, a non-profit corporation that reviews and develops new emojis.
The idea gained the backing of the co-founder of online discussion forum Reddit, Alexis Ohanian. If approved, her emoji will be available in 2017.
Sorry , I'm lost here, what".............?"..".....lie plain this to me.

Socratus O' Pericles

Hi, what's going on? What's this all about.

sent a proposal to The Unicode Consortium, a non-profit corporation that reviews and develops new emojis.
The idea gained the backing of the co-founder of online discussion forum Reddit, Alexis Ohanian. If approved, her emoji will be available in 2017.
Sorry , I'm lost here, what".............?"..".....lie plain this to me.

RasherHash

Are there other religious emojis? If yes then ok. If not then no.
It's not just a religious thing, it's a fashion thing as well.

People should be able to dress as they like in a free society.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies