Save the 8th Lies.

The_SR

I think this one is too important to leave buried in the thread.

Remember convicted armed robber Noel Patron telling us via the YD front save the 8th how he worked in an abortion clinic? Well as called on here at the time, he did in his hole.

A Pro-Life Pattern | Broadsheet.ie

Now were save the 8th duped or is this part of a bigger strategy of lies and fake stories?

Plenty of youth defence types on here, can we get a comment on it?

TheField

Pay no attention to the tossers. I don't believe a word that comes from the pro lifers and just switch off or over if I come across them rattling on. Best ignored as irrelevant.

The_SR

Pay no attention to the tossers. I don't believe a word that comes from the pro lifers and just switch off or over if I come across them rattling on. Best ignored as irrelevant.
True. But the most prominent pro life group launching with some hoopla an obvious fake story needs to be discussed and countered. I would be interested to hear the party line. Duped by their own member or an insidious tactic

There are people out there who would fall for it. Hence they did it.

D

Deleted member 17573

True. But the most prominent pro life group launching with some hoopla an obvious fake story needs to be discussed and countered. I would be interested to hear the party line. Duped by their own member or an insidious tactic

There are people out there who would fall for it. Hence they did it.
Presumably you will have no objection to pro-abortion lies being highlighted on this thread? For example, the incessant denial of the scientific fact that a foetus is a human life; or that a foetus is just a clump of cells; or that it is necessary to introduce abortion on demand so as to protect women's lives. There are many more, but that should do for starters!

PBP voter

Pay no attention to the tossers. I don't believe a word that comes from the pro-choice brigade and just switch off or over if I come across them rattling on. Best ignored as irrelevant.

gooner

Presumably you will have no objection to pro-abortion lies being highlighted on this thread? For example, the incessant denial of the scientific fact that a foetus is a human life; or that a foetus is just a clump of cells; or that it is necessary to introduce abortion on demand so as to protect women's lives. There are many more, but that should do for starters!
True. The irony of this thread and the poster who started it.

From the same person who wouldn't admit that the abortion rate goes up when the law is liberalised and that Guttmacher and Boylan were telling porkies about it at the Committee. This after I pointed out evidence in 3 examples with official parliamentary reports.(England/Wales, Scotland, Netherlands).

Notice how they will never say anything about Prof Veronica O'Keane's assertion at the Committee that every person's mental health in Ireland has been damaged by the 8th.

The lies on their side are as long as my arm at this stage.

This guy Noel has left the campaign.

Analyzer

Well...there's a novel idea.....ANOTHER abortion thread.

Yes. Another one.

Mods, merge with the "repeal the 8th thread" if you please ?

gooner

Yes. Another one.

Mods, merge with the "repeal the 8th thread" if you please ?
This. Move these posts to the repeal thread where it can be addressed.

Accidental sock

Yes. Another one.
People have been making this complaint since before Stringjack was summoned forth from the fiery pits of Vesuvius...

The_SR

Firstly they aren't facts in the same sense of Noel claiming he worked in an abortion clinic. They can be disputed and discussed. That is not what happened here.

MsDaisyC

This. Move these posts to the repeal thread where it can be addressed.
Why? This is about the lies perpetuated by so called prolife Crisis Actors with fake qualifications.

It suits antichoice shills to have the truth buried.

The_SR

True. The irony of this thread and the poster who started it.

From the same person who wouldn't admit that the abortion rate goes up when the law is liberalised and that Guttmacher and Boylan were telling porkies about it at the Committee. This after I pointed out evidence in 3 examples with official parliamentary reports.(England/Wales, Scotland, Netherlands).

Notice how they will never say anything about Prof Veronica O'Keane's assertion at the Committee that every person's mental health in Ireland has been damaged by the 8th.

The lies on their side are as long as my arm at this stage.

This guy Noel has left the campaign.
Left of his own volition or asked to leave once rumbled?

The_SR

Why? This is about the lies perpetuated by so called prolife Crisis Actors with fake qualifications.

This thread is nothing to do with abortion. It's about a blatantly false advertising campaign from a group with form in this regard.

gooner

Because there are plenty of lies that stretch well around the corner for your side that I and others have pointed out on numerous occasions, but we still don't feel it necessary to start a thread.

It can remain in the repeal thread, this will end up again as a back and forth on the referendum and not the topic of it anyway. This will be the case even if there was a thread for falsehoods on both sides.

Keep it in one place.

gooner

Left of his own volition or asked to leave once rumbled?
He asked to leave.

There was a statement.

He hasn't denied what he said though.

GDPR

Because there are plenty of lies that stretch well around the corner for your side that I and others have pointed out on numerous occasions, but we still don't feel it necessary to start a thread.

It can remain in the repeal thread, this will end up again as a back and forth on the referendum and not the topic of it anyway. This will be the case even if there was a thread for falsehoods on both sides.

Keep it in one place.
Start your own OP. If an OP meets the standards, low as they are on Pie, it wont be zooed.

Or you can go to a feedback thread and whine about the Mods. As it is you are just trying to derail this one because it hits a sore spot.

MsDaisyC

Keep it in one place.
What lies?

The_SR

Keep it in one place.
Find the equalivalent from any Repeal group and we can talk. The equivalent is not things you disagree with by the way.

ger12

FactCheck: Who got it right on "abortion up to birth" - Cora Sherlock or Ivana Bacik?

Claim (by Cora S): There are many places in the world where abortion up to birth is legal.

Declared as a lie by Ivana B.

Verdict: TRUE (Cora S) False (Ivana B)

FactCheck: Who got it right on "abortion up to birth" - Cora Sherlock or Ivana Bacik?

FactCheck: Who got it right in this abortion debate between Ruth Coppinger and Cora Sherlock?

Claim 1: 90% of Down Syndrome diagnoses in England end in termination – Cora Sherlock

Verdict: Mostly TRUE (Cora S)

Claim 2: In England and Wales, 44% of pre-birth Down Syndrome diagnoses end in live birth – Ruth Coppinger

Verdict: Mostly FALSE (Ruth C)

FactCheck: Who got it right in this abortion debate between Ruth Coppinger and Cora Sherlock?

FactCheck: Who's right about Ireland's record on maternal deaths?

Cora Sherlock claimed Ireland had a “phenomenal record” on maternal health, up to the introduction of the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act in 2013.

Irish Times literary editor and columnist Fintan O’Toole said the claim was “based on figures that have long since been shown to be ludicrous.

Claim: Ireland has had a “phenomenal” record on maternal mortality, up to the introduction of abortion legislation in 2013
Verdict: Mostly TRUE (Cora S)

False (Fintan O'T)

FactCheck: Who's right about Ireland's record on maternal deaths?

FactCheck: Does this pro-life leaflet stand up to scrutiny?

We tested 19 factual claims from the Yes to Life leaflet.

2 were TRUE
4 were TRUE, but required disclaimers or explanations
8 were Mostly TRUE
2 were Half TRUE
1 was Mostly FALSE
0 were FALSE
2 were UNPROVEN

FactCheck: Does this pro-life leaflet stand up to scrutiny?

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies