• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Savita: candle lit vigil Saturday 17th of November 4 pm Garden of Remembrance.

Ramon Mercadar

Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:00pm.

March to protest the horrific state of affairs as it stands in Ireland, where Savita Halappanavar in the year 2012 in an Irish hospital died suffering and in pain after being denied an abortion she and her husband repeatedly requested.

Enough is enough. No more women can die.

From the Garden of Remembrance to the Dáil, where we will hold a candlelight vigil in conjunction with Galway Pro-Choice to grieve Savita's unnecessary death.

https://www.facebook.com/events/243742145755096/

Action On X is an alliance of groups and individuals who call on the Irish Government to act immediately to implement appropriate legislation on the right to abortion in Ireland, 20 years after the X case and one year after the C case judgment

https://www.facebook.com/events/271854326231064/

Ramon Mercadar

Woman dies after being denied a termination
Woman dies after being denied a termination - Indymedia Ireland

Pro-Choice Ireland have called a demonstration for 6 o'clock this evening Wednesday 14th November outside Leinster House.

Action on X in conjunction with Galway Pro-Choice has called a candle lit vigil for this Saturday the 17th of November beginning at the Garden of Remembrance at 4 o'clock .

31 year old Savita Halappanavar died last week after being denied a termination after presenting with a miscarriage. Having originally presented at the hospital with a back pain on October 21st, it was discovered that Savita was miscarrying. She was 17 weeks pregnant at the time.

Over the course of 3 days in the hospital the doctors refused to carry out an abortion despite there being no hope of survival of the foetus. Savita had requested and abortion several times over the 3 days due to the severe pain she was suffering. She was refused an abortion on the basis that the foetal heartbeat was still beating and that “this is a Catholic country”. After 3 days the foetal heartbeat stopped and finally the foetus was removed. However Savita developed septicaemia caused by the miscarriage and died on the 28th. ...

Clanrickard

That you and your ilk use this poor woman's death for your political ends is appalling.

borntorum

I despise campaigning groups who use the tragedy of others to make political points before the full facts of a case are known.

That applies to pro-life and pro-choice equally

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Absolutely appalling dancing on the poor woman's grave by political opportunists. The lowest form of life that make me ashamed of this country at times.

Ramon Mercadar

That you and your ilk use this poor woman's death for your political ends is appalling.
You and your ilk are responsible for this womans death by your opposition to the introduction of legislation implementing the X-Case ruling.

eoghanacht

That this woman had to die because of you and your 'ilk' is even more appalling

Ramon Mercadar

Absolutely appalling dancing on the poor woman's grave by political opportunists. The lowest form of life that make me ashamed of this country at times.
I'm ashamed of this country because of people like you: your opposition to legislation implementing the X-Case judgement is responsible for this womans death.

bob3367

This is disgraceful, why are ye using this tragedy to further your view?

Also why the Garden of Remembrance?

FakeViking

I despise campaigning groups who use the tragedy of others to make political points before the full facts of a case are known.

That applies to pro-life and pro-choice equally
And I despise people who believe that a life-saving medical procedure should be withheld because of their belief in some mystical deity.

bob3367

I'm ashamed of this country because of people like you: your opposition to legislation implementing the X-Case judgement is responsible for this womans death.
Bullshyte, I am pro-choice, but find this disgusting....simply disgusting.

Ramon Mercadar

This is disgraceful, why are ye using this tragedy to further your view?

Also why the Garden of Remembrance?
This woman died because of failure to legislate for the X-Case judgement.

Why do lifers start demos from the GoR?

borntorum

And I despise people who believe that a life-saving medical procedure should be withheld because of their belief in some mystical deity.
Do you? Good for you.

I support legislating for X, by the way.

Ramon Mercadar

Bullshyte, I am pro-choice, but find this disgusting....simply disgusting.
Whats disgusting is that this woman died. Women have had to go the England to get abortions to save their lives.

Get disgusted about that.

collina

From the Garden of Remembrance to the Dáil, where we will hold a candlelight vigil in conjunction with Galway Pro-Choice to grieve Savita's unnecessary death.
God rest the poor woman, its a horrific case.

But why would Galway Pro-Choice grieve Savita's "unnecessary death". Did they know her personally? Or just taking advantage of a desperate situation?

Ramon Mercadar

God rest the poor woman, its a horrific case.

But why would Galway Pro-Choice grieve Savita's "unnecessary death". Did they know her personally? Or just taking advantage of a desperate situation?
Because they want to ensure that no more women die in this way.

bob3367

Whats disgusting is that this woman died. Women have had to go the England to get abortions to save their lives.

Get disgusted about that.
So you are going to use her death to further your campaign, very noble and understanding of her family and friends.

Ramon Mercadar

So you are going to use her death to further your campaign, very noble and understanding of her family and friends.
We intend to ensure that no more women die in this manner or have to go to England to have abortions to save their lives.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
You know nothing of my thoughts on this issue and haven't bother to check posts that I've made even within the last hour. I am all for legislating around the X case judgement. What I do not want to see is any form of abortion on demand.

This case has little or nothing to do with the lack of legislation, based on the reports in the media and the attempt by the pro-abortionists to use the death of this woman is nothing short of scumbaggery of the lowest order.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies