• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Say Hello To The Provos and Goodbye to Unionist Sensitivities

Status
Not open for further replies.

theloner

For the rest of the world, the new Korean car named 'Provo', unveiled for the International Geneva Motor Show is seen as a “radical super-mini coupe which aims to set the streets alight”. Step up the DUP, who have seemingly given up on how they are perceived to the outside world, even to big brother across the water in Westminster. A disgusted Gregory Campbell tabled a parliamentary motion which said the 'Provo' name would be offensive.

MP Gregory Campbell and William McCrea tabled a motion saying, "This name has caused deep offence given that the Provisional IRA were known as the Provos when they were murdering and bombing in Northern Ireland, the rest of the UK, as well as in Germany, where the name is supposed to have been chosen." I am sure the Germans were really upset... :lol:

A spokesman from KIA, who grew up in NI said: "We're sorry if anybody takes offence at it, but this car is not about Northern Ireland. This was a genuine creative naming process and no offence was intended."

However, the whining succeeded forcing both, an apology from a bewildered KIA and an assurance from the terrorist loving Koreans wouldn't release 'The Provo' here under that forbidden name. A forgiving Campbell said:

"I accept that this was a mistake made by the company and I know that their decisive action will be welcomed by many people, in Northern Ireland and beyond, whose lives have been affected by the murderous actions of the Provisional IRA over a 30-year period."

Mortifying. :oops:

Kia concept car 'Provo' reminds some of IRA terror - Yahoo! News

Note: It has an orange roof and trimmings, what's KIA's number?:evil: :p

Last edited:

Narcissist

I'll be disappointed if the next car they bring out isn't called 'dissident'.

Schomberg

the desperation of theloner (a fitting username no doubt) is getting laughable at this stage. Maybe Bilkos refusal to meet his advances has had an affect on him?

people taking offense? Fukk me. shocking. Nike and Ben & Gerrys had to withdraw products and apologise to the mopey taigs for having names like Black and Tan ffs :lol: de black and tans shure, day were worse den the ss, boss

The Irish pointing at anyone and laughing at them taking offense to anything is fukking classic :lol:

The thread on the main forum where everyones offended that the Queen didn't want to light up the palace in green for Paddys day is a classic case of dysfunctional Irish mope.

One big wind up thread. Zooed in no time I bet.

Last edited:

theloner

the desperation of theloner (a fitting username no doubt) is getting laughable at this stage. Maybe Bilkos refusal to meet his advances has had an affect on him?

people taking offense? Fukk me. shocking. Nike and Ben & Gerrys had to withdraw products and apologise to the mopey taigs for having names like Black and Tan ffs :lol: de black and tans shure, day were worse den the ss, boss

The Irish pointing at anyone and laughing at them taking offense to anything is fukking classic :lol:

The thread on the main forum where everyones offended that the Queen didn't want to light up the palace in green for Paddys day is a classic case of dysfunctional Irish mope.

One big wind up thread. Zooed in no time I bet.
You want it zooed because it is so embarrassing, like Willie and Jamie. Nothing to do with Ernest and this was a top news item on both BBC and UTV.

Schomberg

You want it zooed because it is so embarrassing,
Nah, I want it zooed because it's a wind up. It's not a serious thread. As illustrated by your constant use of :lol: for one. It annoys me. It's people like you, posting gibberish like the above that prevent any decent debate on this forum.

between the bridges

Already a thread on this in political humor but as lonely's such a serious poster he probably (sic) didn't notice it...

vivabrigada

Already a thread on this in political humor but as lonely's such a serious poster he probably (sic) didn't notice it...
It was so irrelevant, top unionist moaner Campbell raised it in the British parliament. (Much to the amusement of normal British citizens I'm sure.)
Gregory must have nothing better to do since an Irishman stopped tweeting about liking an Irish band who topped the BBC World Service "Worlds Top Ten" list.
The Worlds Top Ten | BBC World Service

Glaucon

Well, KIA's salespeople in South Boston must be rubbing their hands.....

Status
Not open for further replies.