SBP: Enda's "eccentric" pronouncements

borntorum

In today's SBP, there is a large feature article titled "Fine Gael fears Labour challenge". Under this is the smaller analysis "Doubts still dog the leadership of 'Iron Enda'". Today's paper is not online yet, but Pat Leahy and Niamh Connolly discuss some of Kenny's recent statements and behaviour, which is worth reading.

Kenny has made some peculiar pronouncements of late. A few weeks ago...he said he would achieve a €3 billion correction in the budget with no tax increases and no cuts to the capital budget. He said that all the cuts would be from the current budget...
However, Kenny then added that he would not touch budgets for "the disabled or the blind or pensioners or children". For one TD, speaking privately, it was further evidence that the leader of the opposition had no grasp of what the budget was about.
Kenny was described by some as "defensive" and "bullish" at a meeting of the Fine Gael national executive last Thursday night, informing those present that the Dublin-based media and vested interests were colluding against his leadership, sources said.
Kenny prodded a folder which, he claimed, contained evidence of a plot by some in Young Fine Gael to undermine his position in a no-confidence motion. He was referring to an email sent by a member of Young Fine Gael in Waterford to the chair of the Waterford Institute of Technology Fine Gael branch urging a motion in Kenny's leadership.
Kenny has always been out of his depth when it comes to economics. But he seems to be losing it completely at the moment, indulging in Nixon-esque paranoia when he should be getting to grips with our fiscal emergency. One would worry for the country's future were he to become Taoiseach in the near future.

culmore

Was he sober when he siad these things or on the beer like our leader

borntorum

TBH, I suspect that if Cowen was on crack he'd still have a better grip on things than Enda. And that should not be read as praise for Cowen

Hooch

Oh god here we go with the "Dublin media" lark again, puttin' a poor Mayo man like Enda down.

Fine Gael are a party of lions led by a hamster.

Vincent Browne's tie

Here here!

Why are we focussing on Enda losing the plot, when a very marginally worse individual is currently holding the office of Taoiseach?

culmore

some Lions from dublin who could not get rid of a tiny Hamster from Mayo

stripey cat

There really is something weird about him.

People say it's just the media, but I've met him once or twice, and apart from the country schoolteacher vibe, there is also a palpable oddness about the man.

FG staffers will deny it, but they know it's true.

Look- this is an official Fine Gael photograph that was released to the media a few weeks ago. It looks like it is crying out for a caption.

Hooch

People say it's just the media, but I've met him once or twice, and apart from the country schoolteacher vibe, there is also a palpable oddness about the man.

Look- this is an official Fine Gael photograph that was released to the media a few weeks ago. It looks like it is crying out for a caption.

"We should take the deficit and push it somewhere else"

collina

In today's SBP, there is a large feature article titled "Fine Gael fears Labour challenge". Under this is the smaller analysis "Doubts still dog the leadership of 'Iron Enda'". Today's paper is not online yet, but Pat Leahy and Niamh Connolly discuss some of Kenny's recent statements and behaviour, which is worth reading.

Kenny has always been out of his depth when it comes to economics. But he seems to be losing it completely at the moment, indulging in Nixon-esque paranoia when he should be getting to grips with our fiscal emergency. One would worry for the country's future were he to become Taoiseach in the near future.
Kenny is completely self-centred. Funny how the Dublin-meeja have an agenda against Kenny; must have something to do with the sorry little twerp running off whining about everything and anything. The sooner someone with a brain and a bit if character replaces the Non-entity the better.

collina

This is my magic invisible basket of eggs. I'm going to make magic invisible omelettes for everybody later.

White Horse

TBH, I suspect that if Cowen was on crack he'd still have a better grip on things than Enda. And that should not be read as praise for Cowen
Cowen! The moron who created the greatest economic disaster, not caused by a war, that the world have ever seen.

The number of idiotic posts on politics.ie has increased remarkably of late.

In the scale of moronic idiotic posts, the above troll's post is peerless.

goatstoe

Cowen! The moron who created the greatest economic disaster, not caused by a war, that the world have ever seen.

The number of idiotic posts on politics.ie has increased remarkably of late.

In the scale of moronic idiotic posts, the above troll's post is peerless.
White Horse the defender of the indefensible catholic church hierarchy, mounts his high horse to defend Enda's honour:lol:

toasteroven

unpopular tds lose their seats in elections.

simple as that.

unpopular parties lose seats in elections.

simple as that.

seangos

I thought young Bruton was very impressive on Dunphy's show earlier. Complete grasp of the scale of the current crisis, he was honest, imaginative, inspiring and actually sounded like a man who could possibly navigate a way out of this nightmare if given the opportunity. The numbskull, time-serving bumpkins who voted confidence in Inda have a lot to be shameful for.

Morte

Kenny was described by some as "defensive" and "bullish" at a meeting of the Fine Gael national executive last Thursday night, informing those present that the Dublin-based media and vested interests were colluding against his leadership, sources said.
Kenny prodded a folder which, he claimed, contained evidence of a plot by some in Young Fine Gael to undermine his position in a no-confidence motion. He was referring to an email sent by a member of Young Fine Gael in Waterford to the chair of the Waterford Institute of Technology Fine Gael branch urging a motion in Kenny's leadership.
I might be reading this wrong but is Kenny saying his evidence of the Dublin plot against him is the actions of YFG Waterford?

toasteroven

I thought young Bruton was very impressive on Dunphy's show earlier. Complete grasp of the scale of the current crisis, he was honest, imaginative, inspiring and actually sounded like a man who could possibly navigate a way out of this nightmare if given the opportunity. The numbskull, time-serving bumpkins who voted confidence in Inda have a lot to be shameful for.

he is clearly better as a man who could become Mof than Taoiseach. do you see Lenihan opening shopping centres and new schools?

jmcc

I might be reading this wrong but is Kenny saying his evidence of the Dublin plot against him is the actions of YFG Waterford?
Obviously he didn't teach geography in primary school.

Regards...jmcc

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies