• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

SBP -FG frontbenchers urge Bruton to oust Kenny

jacko

FG frontbenchers urge Bruton to oust Kenny

That is tomorrows front page headline.

Pat Leahy and Niamh Connolly reporting that frontbenchers have urged Bruton to move against Kenny at next weeks parliamentary party meeting.

Report says that Bruton will be unopposed for leadership

If it is to happen it will be done and dusted by Wednesday, all Bruton has to do is push the button and its over

wombat

I hope he has more sense, they need to look at their own performance before turning on Kenny.

Congalltee

Are Fine Gael people not livid with Bruton for raising HIS leadership ambitions on Primetime and VB on Wednesday?
This week should be about Cowen - but as page views on this site show. Its all about the end of Kenny.

cricket

Are Fine Gael people not livid with Bruton for raising HIS leadership ambitions on Primetime and VB on Wednesday?
This week should be about Cowen - but as page views on this site show. Its all about the end of Kenny.
IIRC , it was Miriam O'Callaghan raised it on Prime Time ( Thursday ? ). Inevitable in every interview with every FG TD in view of the poll stagnation.

wombat

Cant provide link but reading the entire piece it looks like its all over for Enda
I'm old enough to remember when it was all over for Liam Cosgrave. He was going to be replaced by Garrett or someone because of his support for anti terror legislation. A bomb went off, the party supported him and a few years later he was Taoiseach. Events, they need to wait until after the confidence motion.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
I'm old enough to remember when it was all over for Liam Cosgrave. He was going to be replaced by Garrett or someone because of his support for anti terror legislation. A bomb went off, the party supported him and a few years later he was Taoiseach. Events, they need to wait until after the confidence motion.
Originally Posted by jacko
wombat said:
I hope he has more sense, they need to look at their own performance before turning on Kenny.
1 minute you think he shouldn't the next you think he will

Rocky

A few months later he was Taoiseach. Not years.

mr_anderson

Does anyone know what Bruton wants most - to be Taoiseach or Min for Finance ?

wombat

i minute you think he shouldn't the next you think he will
I was responding to a report that FG frontbenchers are urging Bruton to replace Kenny. I think it is a bad idea, they need to get their own houses in order. I recalled a report that Cosgrave was about to be replaced but was not because of an unforseen event. There is a confidence motion in Cowen on Tuesday, what if he loses? I like Bruton but I don't think Kenny is FG's problem.

jacko

Does anyone know what Bruton wants most - to be Taoiseach or Min for Finance ?
He was never going to be in finance - that was always going to be a Labour job, come to think of it. the same might now be said of being Taoiseach

Perhaps as FG leader he'll be Minister for Finance in a Labour led government !

T

The_Big_Fellow

Remember that this is par for the course for the party. Garret calling for people to vote for Ryan in the Euro's, Enda blowing his Late Late appearance, the locals and Flanagan being slapped down. It is never ending. If FG came out as one and said we are backing him, it would help restore Kenny's confidence, put the issue to bed and keep FF on the defensive.

Not going to happen, at this stage I'm just waiting for FG HQ to blame the Shinners for it all.

Tomas Mor

Not more Brute. Wonder who the wonderful FG fbs are - Coveney, Flanagan,Creed, cant remember any more (does anyone know who actaul FBs are). FG always come to rescue of FF when they in trouble. In 1990 at worst time ver for FF, FG shafted Dukes. A shamateurish party who do not know their aras from the elbow.

wombat

Perhaps as FG leader he'll be Minister for Finance in a Labour led government !
If we have a Labour led govt., Lenihan is more likely to be minister for Finance & Tanaiste.:lol:

T

The_Big_Fellow

I was responding to a report that FG frontbenchers are urging Bruton to replace Kenny. I think it is a bad idea, they need to get their own houses in order. I recalled a report that Cosgrave was about to be replaced but was not because of an unforseen event. There is a confidence motion in Cowen on Tuesday, what if he loses? I like Bruton but I don't think Kenny is FG's problem.
Well Cosgrave did untold damage to the party, not replacing him turned out to be a very costly mistake.

I feel that replacing Kenny with the very unexciting Bruton will also be a mistake.

Rocky

Well Cosgrave did untold damage to the party, not replacing him turned out to be a very costly mistake.

I feel that replacing Kenny with the very unexciting Bruton will also be a mistake.
Cosgrave was Taoiseach within 4 months of the threat to his leadership.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
You might not have noticed but that is what Richard Bruton said, that this about the entire team and the performance of the whole organisation. This is not just about Enda.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies