SBP: Parties step up their plans for spring election

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Pat Leahy has an interesting piece in tomorrow's Sunday Business Post reporting that the political parties have begun preparations for a Spring general election.

Fianna Fail has reserved City West Hotel for each weekend in March for their Ard Fheis and has begun making inquiries about office space in central Dublin for their election HQ. Similarly Fine Gael and Labour have optioned office-space for their election HQs.

Political parties are not allowed to use the buildings they currently occupy (or use Leinster House) for election purposes as they're funded by the taxpayer.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Well the one thing there's no shortage of is empty office space in Dublin. Given this week's events however, I think they might have missed the boat. I cannot see the budget passing all stages, so we could have an election in December or January.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17573

How many posts before some nutter manages to draw NAMA into the office space issue?:rolleyes:

dalywise

Interesting slippage by Carey today. On RTE at 1 o clock, he said to Alex White who was hassling him about government performance, "you'll have your chance soon enough" or something to that effect. They're obviously anticipating an early one.

What was even more amateurish though was Carey's follow-on statement ..."and then we'll see how YOU manage it". This from a government minister - the kind of comment you'd hear in a primary school playground. Mind you, Carey is a primary teacher so the schoolyard is probably where he picked up his political philosophy.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
How many posts before some nutter manages to draw NAMA into the office space issue?:rolleyes:
The piece itself reported that Fianna Fail are likely to seek new office space, given the office space they've used in the past now houses NAMA. So Pat Leahy pwned you all on that one! ;)

Legacy

Interesting slippage by Carey today. On RTE at 1 o clock, he said to Alex White who was hassling him about government performance, "you'll have your chance soon enough" or something to that effect. They're obviously anticipating an early one.

What was even more amateurish though was Carey's follow-on statement ..."and then we'll see how YOU manage it". This from a government minister - the kind of comment you'd hear in a primary school playground. Mind you, Carey is a primary teacher so the schoolyard is probably where he picked up his political philosophy.
Its not the first time Carey has said something like this. He has mentioned the same kind of thing at a couple of gatherings I've seem him at. He looks like a shadow of his former self. The FF Grim Reaper! Bring it on....

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie

I did notice that myself today.. then again, as I said earlier, I think Carey is a bit of a gobsheen to be honest

D

Deleted member 17573

The piece itself reported that Fianna Fail are likely to seek new office space, given the office space they've used in the past now houses NAMA. So Pat Leahy pwned you all on that one! ;)
Damn - I thought I had that one. OK I concede:)

bprob

so is this the economic stimulus package?

good news for landlords and printers i suppose:rolleyes:

Last edited:

flavirostris

Those comments by Carey are interesting alright. His remark "we'll see how you do".. is pretty disgraceful. It suggests FF would like nothing better than to sit on the sidelines for a while cat-calling while somebody else cleans up their mess.

wee slabber

I can't see it going that long. I would also bet Brian Clown will not lead them in to an election. Indeed, I suspect this week will tell if the knives are out for him. I believe there are those in the party who plan to have him out before the DSW vote. Then Lenehan will take over and lead them in to a GE. That may be called after the budget, and before, they go back to the bond markets.

G

Gimpanzee

I think he said 'when the boot is on the other foot'. No mistaking what he meant.

RahenyFG

I wonder how People Before Profit will fare in the next election? will they get any TDs elected and how many and where are their possible strongest areas. I hear they're popular in Dun Laoighaire, Dublin and Dublin West.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
I wonder how People Before Profit will fare in the next election? will they get any TDs elected and how many and where are their possible strongest areas. I hear they're popular in Dun Laoighaire, Dublin and Dublin West.
Maybe start that discussion in an appropriate thread and don't knock this one off topic.

bmw1

Those comments by Carey are interesting alright. His remark "we'll see how you do".. is pretty disgraceful. It suggests FF would like nothing better than to sit on the sidelines for a while cat-calling while somebody else cleans up their mess.
well in fairness they have done just that at least twice before and got away with -but hopefully not this time

mido

FF to go fro re-election week 2 in January when everyone will be too depressed and hungover to bother going to vote-only hope to keep seats above 40 mark

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies