• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

SBP poll figures likely this afternoon - any predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
I've heard rumblings that the SBP/RedC poll figures are unlikely to show any shocks compared to the TV3 Poll done on Thursday, namely Labour going up, Fianna Fail going down and Fine Gael going nowhere.

As always, there'll be a bit of a race amongst those who come upon the figures to get them to Pie first - never any harm!

In the meantime - what are your predictions for this poll?

Last edited:

Tomas Mor

I'd say it will be much like the TV3 poll.

Warren Poynt

No. It's still there.

When I checked and looked at the map, it was still located between the 'mainland' and Ireland.

Question: If it did pull out of Europe, where would it go ?

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
No idea, there are times the SBP will send them to be under embargo (namely for the same time as RTE or thereabouts) but they have a habit of getting into politicial circles much earlier, particularly amongest Labour-ites (Labouruns?). So it could be 3.30 or 6pm or as late at 9pm.

CookieMonster

FG - down slightly, around 30.
Labour - up slightly, around 30.
FF - slightly down, 22.
SF - Swapping with Ind's 8 to 6
Green - Who?
Ind - Up, a bit.. but not a huge amount to 8.

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
My prediction;
FF : 23 (-1)
FG : 31 (-2)
Lab : 32 (+5)
SF : 7 (-1)
GP : 2 (=)
Others : 6 (=)
[Factual] Very encouraging to see a non-SF poster predicting SF up on their 2007 GE showing - this clearly vindicates SF's steady growth strategy [/Factual]

Catalpa

I would expect them to be broadly in line with expectations (as Mr Lenihan might say!) but Labour should be cautious into reading too much into them.

Fact is they just don't have the organisation (or finances) across the State to capitalise on such a surge of popularity to carry through in TDs returned.

If SF really do drop by 50% in this one too they could be in trouble as its pretty obvious a lot of their supporters are switching to Labour for the protest vote.

Poor Factual will be stuck for words then I'd say!:oops:

LeDroit

Red_93

What's this? A prediction or the result? What're the PDs mentioned for?
Thread title is "SBP poll figure likely this afternoon - any predictions?" therefore we can assume that this is likely a prediction and not the result.

He3

Trivia question - Why do people still put FF at the top of the list even when they are in third place?

Red_93

FF 20ish
FG 30ish
LP high 20s to low 30s
GP what's the point? :p
SF 8ish
Ind 10ish

LeDroit

Thread title is "SBP poll figure likely this afternoon - any predictions?" therefore we can assume that this is likely a prediction and not the result.
And the PDs? It made my little heart leap to see them back on the list. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies