SBP/Red C Poll 29th April

hiding behind a poster

Extenuating circumstances. There were jobs at stake. Someone told me that it was some sort of technicality. I have expressed the view the prosecution was urged by political actors for reasons of revenge for him exposing scandals in high places.
And that's even more horsesh*t. You're full of it, FT.

Wascurito

An opinion poll with little change is not inconsequential, as the more similar it is to other polls, the more it validates them, and they validate it.

Also, given the 50% weighting RedC apply to your previous vote with undecided voters, FG and Labour will be reasonably happy with this poll, as they got very few floating voters in 2016.

Re the referendum, I'm sure you'll see the figures later tonight or tomorrow.
At the risk of being accused of being pedantic, it doesn't validate the previous poll. It suggests that nothing much has changed since the last one was taken. If there were flaws in the methodology (and I have no reason for thinking that there are), they could simply have been repeated in this one.

Breanainn has since replied on the referendum figures. At least, that might be something to pore over.

hiding behind a poster

Its ironic hearing lectures on tax cheats from FG. Have you forgotten the tribunals?
No. And you're not hearing lectures on tax cheats by FG. Try and get your facts right.

seabhac siulach

If this poll is real, how is it explained that Sinn Féin are down to 14% when two polls last week I believe had them at +20% (both showing an increase to over 20%, explained by the MLMcD effect)? Red C must apply a very different weighting.

hiding behind a poster

Did not realise he was convicted, even so he has save the country millions
Is that how the law works, if we think we saved the country money some other way, we can cheat on our taxes?

GDPR

The revival of Independents gladdens my political-heart. The planned reforms of Judicial Appointments are at the heart of why I voted Independent - to break the cosy cartel and the abuse of judicial appointments to reward party hacks.
The one they're making a dogs dinner of? The ones that fight over being a minister. The ones that flip flop unless they're bought very handsomely. There are some independents of note but they're few and far between. Most are gene pool ff or FG.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

sic transit

hiding behind a poster

No I was just wondering was he convicted of tax evasion?

I think he did not pay his vat because he thought he could save the company, he could not
This is who we're talking about here:

In June 2012 The Irish Times reported that Wallace had made a seven-figure settlement with the Revenue Commissioners for under-payment of VAT. The sum related to his company MJ Wallace Ltd. Wallace admitted in the course of the article that he had knowingly made false declarations to the authorities. Under the agreement with Revenue, MJ Wallace Ltd was found to have underdeclared VAT liabilities on returns by €1,418,894. Interest came to €289,146 and penalties amounting to €425,668 were imposed, giving a total of €2,133,708.[SUP][23][/SUP] Ceann Comhairle Seán Barrett wrote to the Oireachtas Committee on Members' Interests Chairman, asking him to convene an inquiry.[SUP][24][/SUP] When Wallace told an RTÉ radio programme in October 2012 that he once "threatened to hire a hitman to recover an IR£20,000 debt from a building firm", a complaint was filed with Gardaí by a former Navy officer who runs a public information website.[SUP][25][/SUP] Later the same month, Finian McGrath resigned as chairman of the Dáil technical group when Wallace returned to the loose alliance against the wishes of many of its members.[SUP][26][/SUP]
but he has been very good at exposing corruption
What corruption has he exposed?

and giving a voice to the voiceless.
Would you include the unborn in that?

I'm sure a lot of people want rid of him because they want to go back to their corrupt ways.
What corrupt ways? You're kidding yourself if you think that. Wallace is a builder from FF stock who saw a political opening as a supposed anti-establishment candidate.

Massey

Is that how the law works, if we think we saved the country money some other way, we can cheat on our taxes?

I think he did not pay his vat because he thought he could save the company, he could not but he has been very good at exposing corruption and giving a voice to the voiceless.

I'm sure a lot of people want rid of him because they want to go back to their corrupt ways.

hiding behind a poster

I think he did not pay his vat because he thought he could save the company, he could not but he has been very good at exposing corruption and giving a voice to the voiceless.

You posted that already. I answered it.

Massey

This is who we're talking about here:

What corruption has he exposed?

Would you include the unborn in that?

What corrupt ways? You're kidding yourself if you think that. Wallace is a builder from FF stock who saw a political opening as a supposed anti-establishment candidate.
So are you saying he is a convicted ex Fianna failure?

Shpake

Move along, nothing to see here:

FG 32% (-1)
FF 25% (+1)
SF 14% (-2)
Ind 13% (+2)
Lab 6% (-)
Greens 2% (-)
Soc Dems 2% (-)
Sol/PBP 2% (-)
Ind All 2% (+1)
Renua 1% (-1)
Oth 1% (-)
Well it would be nice to see some sort of a graph of how the parties have fared and fluctuated since the last election.
I concede that this would involve a fair bit of work. -- and decisions about whether to include or exclude other polls. Surprise that Labour is back up at 6%. I think sadly it can be said that Labour bore the brunt of Biffo's great recession. Well, someone had to play the role of Bailiff to the bondholders.:-(

Massey

He exposed the penalty point corruption, that has saved millions- never mind the lives saved

Top Bottom