SC blocks deportation of alleged Islamist

Dame_Enda

The Supreme Court has blocked the deportation of a man allegedly linked to Islamic terrorism, until his appeal against deportation is heard, citing Article 3 of the ECHR and the risk he might be tortured if deported.

Q.1. Do you agree with this ruling? This looks like what happened with Abu Hamza in the UK which delayed his removal for 10 years

Q.2. Should Ireland withdraw from Article 3 of the ECHR?

Deportation of man allegedly linked to Islamic terror halted

Boy M5

No.

Novos

You could end up with a lot more of that because of Brexit. The UK won't be safe for them.

razorblade

Disgraceful decision, we need to pull at of this horrible organisation immediately and start deporting all these scumbags.

Clanrickard

No. I mentioned this on another thread and a certain moderator pulled the thread citing, yes you guessed it, legal difficulties.

Dame_Enda

No. I mentioned this on another thread and a certain moderator pulled the thread citing, yes you guessed it, legal difficulties.
Well Ive been careful not to name names (thought I dont know who it is).

picador

It's the law that's wrong.

Krusty Cork

The man in question lied in the first instance to get asylum

How can his views be given any credibility after been proven a liar?

The High Court also heard he had received life and death sentences in his home country for involvement in a terrorist organisation and murder. Death sentences are no longer implemented there.
The man never served any of the sentences in his home country. Instead he fled to Ireland where he gained refugee status in 2000 after giving false information about his background.

This was revoked following his convictions in France and he has been battling deportation from Ireland since 2012.

Court blocks deportation of convicted Islamic terrorist described as a

His human rights should not trump national security

razorblade

Fukk human rights anyone convicted of terrorist offensives should be immediately booted out of the country, its really as simple as that.

McDave

The Supreme Court has blocked the deportation of a man allegedly linked to Islamic terrorism, until his appeal against deportation is heard, citing Article 3 of the ECHR and the risk he might be tortured if deported.

Q.1. Do you agree with this ruling? This looks like what happened with Abu Hamza in the UK which delayed his removal for 10 years

Q.2. Should Ireland withdraw from Article 3 of the ECHR?

Deportation of man allegedly linked to Islamic terror halted
I have a problem with non-nationals (and to boot convicts!) being able to abuse our expensive legal system. Where terrorism or incitement to violence is concerned, it should simply be a matter for the DoJ. It's not a matter of concern if such a person is in danger on deportation.

realistic1

The man in question lied in the first instance to get asylum

How can his views be given any credibility after been proven a liar?

The High Court also heard he had received life and death sentences in his home country for involvement in a terrorist organisation and murder. Death sentences are no longer implemented there.
The man never served any of the sentences in his home country. Instead he fled to Ireland where he gained refugee status in 2000 after giving false information about his background.

This was revoked following his convictions in France and he has been battling deportation from Ireland since 2012.

Court blocks deportation of convicted Islamic terrorist described as a

His human rights should not trump national security
No doubt some legal eagle is making a shed load of money defending him and it will continue. Another reason not to deport???

Hunter-Gatherer

well if our justice system cannot even handle dangerous driving ( points on license , texting on mobile phones while driving, alcohol driving, uninsured drivers ).......how do you think it will manage a new wave of extremist terrorists ? they wont even be speaking english when you tap into their phone calls/emails.

our toothless justice system is a joke, the Supreme Court is defending the rights of a fella who will replace Court law with Sharia law.

Last edited:

Wagmore

Type of loopy judgement that will turn this moral sinkhole into the Statue of Liberty for Islamic psychopaths.

Researchwill

Ye all get this guy is in custody and will remain so until after the SC decides the issue. Or do ye conservtards not get being in custody.

Wagmore

What kind of sick bastards does that to a baby, complete and utter filth these jihadis scumbags are, these sickos should to be wiped off the face of the earth.
The only politician with the moral spine to publicly commit to achieving that is Donald Trump. And look at the how he's perceived in the West. West really needs a moral, cultural and spiritual reboot.

Eric Cartman

Who is Michael Lynn, S.C.?

Give me the background on this guy.

Correct decision IMHO as let the Law run its course.

Nobody said the SC is going to stop his deportation but it is separating the administering of Justice from Political decisions.

I'd explain it but too many Pavlovian dogs foaming at the mouth.

He may still be deported just we have allowed the law to run its course first.

The berating and abuse of SC doing its job is not something I can or will support.

Eric Cartman

Anyone have more background on the ISIS recruiter? I gather he came here from abroad and was granted asylum in the late Nineties, then citizenship a few years later. He had a child born here, but mother and child are now abroad? Was she a foreigner too? I presume his citizenship was cancelled, surprised there wasn't a marathon court procedure to effectuate that. Where did he reside? I gather his is neither Ali Damache (held in Spain), nor Ibrahim Busiwir (a citizen since the 80s, b.t.w. where is he now?), nor any of the others on this list:
https://dialogueireland.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/terror-in-our-midst-bin-ladens-disciples-in-ireland-5-may-2011-the-sun/

Obviously without naming him, can anyone give more info?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies