Scenarios for a default pre & post bailout agreement: any difference?

vanla sighs

I was just wondering if (most likely when) the FF traitors reach a deal with the IMF/EU on conditions for a bailout and sign a Memorandum of Understanding what then would be the consequences of defaulting on bad bank debt after such an agreement and after tens of billions having been dumped into the bad banks?

Would the consequences be different were we to default on bad bank debt before signing off on any such deal (or signing no agreement at all)?

Last edited:

PoliticsDad

I'm hoping that the IMF will make the funding conditional upon Ireland repudiating any bonds that the banks had issued before that bloody guarantee

vanla sighs

I'm hoping that the IMF will make the funding conditional upon Ireland repudiating any bonds that the banks had issued before that bloody guarantee
That would be good but they have any intention whatsoever of doing so. None.

We will have to default on the banks, whether now or later. Amazing the EU/IMF don't see that? But maybe they do but for whatever reasons best known to them they are still going ahead. It would of course be best to default on the banks now rather than later. The dye isn't cast just yet. We really need FF out now, immediate election. I'd welcome a coup d'etat at this stage.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies