• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

School introduces gender-neutral dress code

Dame_Enda

On Newstalk now.

A school in Greystones, Co.Wicklow, is introducing a gender-neutral dress code. Boys will be allowed wear skirts, while girls will be allowed to wear trousers.

Is this PC gone mad, or a welcome, progressive move towards respect for gender identity and dispelling gender-stereotypes?

Alphonse

The secondary school I went to allows wemon the wear trousers now when I was there they had to wear a kilt. The kilt always seemed a bit risky since the dress is split down the side and only held with a large pin. I don't know what it is like to wear so I can't comment on the practicalities of changing to trousers.

Lagertha

:rolleyes:Simple solution do away with skirts and have a trousers only policy. This is just nonsense. Some lad turns up in school in a dress or a skirt and he's going to have the piss ripped out of him, at best. I don't condone that for a second but this lunacy is getting out of control. 1 % of the earths population is allegedly transgender but the entire fooking world is expected to change. It's starting with the toddlers and extending out. I knew when I heard the Arch Bishop of Canterbury say that if little boys want to go to school wearing pink tutus and tiaras then that should be fine and nobody should bat an eye that the world had gone full batsh!t.

Emily Davison

On Newstalk now.

A school in Greystones, Co.Wicklow, is introducing a gender-neutral dress code. Boys will be allowed wear skirts, while girls will be allowed to wear trousers.

Is this PC gone mad, or a welcome, progressive move towards respect for gender identity and dispelling gender-stereotypes?
Oh dear Lord politics.ie is going to go into meltdown.

Personally I couldn't care less if boys want to wear dresses. Girls wearing trousers in this day and age is nothing unusual. Many schools in Ireland allow this.

Emily Davison

The secondary school I went to allows wemon the wear trousers now when I was there they had to wear a kilt. The kilt always seemed a bit risky since the dress is split down the side and only held with a large pin. I don't know what it is like to wear so I can't comment on the practicalities of changing to trousers.
Girls wear a pair of shorts under the skirt/kilt because of boys doing what boys will do. A kilt is no more different to a skirt due to the pin. That's not the problem, it's the pulling up of the skirt/kilt is the issue. Hence the shorts.

Clanrickard

On Newstalk now.

Pathetic.

crossman

:rolleyes:Simple solution do away with skirts and have a trousers only policy. This is just nonsense. Some lad turns up in school in a dress or a skirt and he's going to have the piss ripped out of him, at best. I don't condone that for a second but this lunacy is getting out of control. 1 % of the earths population is allegedly transgender but the entire fooking world is expected to change. It's starting with the toddlers and extending out. I knew when I heard the Arch Bishop of Canterbury say that if little boys want to go to school wearing pink tutus and tiaras then that should be fine and nobody should bat an eye that the world had gone full batsh!t.
I hope the school has a good anti bullying policy because, as you say, any lad turning up in a skirt is going to have a terrible time. Trousers for all seems the best idea.

Watcher2

Girls wear a pair of shorts under the skirt/kilt because of boys doing what boys will do. A kilt is no more different to a skirt due to the pin. That's not the problem, it's the pulling up of the skirt/kilt is the issue. Hence the shorts.
You been out in the pubs when the Scots come to play rugby? Plenty kilt raising and commentary there. And its grown up women doing it rather than just children in a school.

Is that girls will be ..... sorry, women will be women?

Too funny.....and easy Emily. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Clanrickard

I am all for girls wearing skirts and boys wearing trousers. It is important boys know they are boys and girls know they are girls. Encourages discipline as well.

Politics matters

100%, but yes girls should be allowed to wear tracksuits, I remember my sisters used to complain at how cold they would be waiting for the bus on a cold November/December morning.

Politics matters

It is far worse they're going to phase in gender-neutral toilets.

Toilets
“I’m very proud of them. They did their research and surveyed pupils ... they made the case to the board who were fully behind them.”
The school is also phasing out boys’ and girls’ toilets and replaced them with gender-neutral versions.

Watcher2

It is far worse they're going to phase in gender-neutral toilets.

Toilets
“I’m very proud of them. They did their research and surveyed pupils ... they made the case to the board who were fully behind them.”
The school is also phasing out boys’ and girls’ toilets and replaced them with gender-neutral versions.

Time to get out the popcorn so. This is going to be something. Unfortunately, only losers will come of it. It's not going to be pretty.

fifilawe

Which Leftie Libtard member(s) of the Board of Management of the school came up with this crap.?
The school should name them,or social media should plaster their names all over our screens.I am 99.5% of the opinion it was not the pupils attending , but some Libtard trying to make a name for itself(s/he wants to be neuter so we should refer to "it" as "it is not normal but a "psychologically damaged" person(m/f).This crap damages children and may takes years to correct at a huge cost financially and psychologically in therapy and treatment.

Lagertha

I am all for girls wearing skirts and boys wearing trousers. It is important boys know they are boys and girls know they are girls. Encourages discipline as well.
A lot of girls prefer to wear trousers. I remember my legs being freezing in the winter in primary school.

artfoley56

of course if they were being serious about this they would have just done away with the uniforms and let the kids wear what they want to school

razorblade

Who actually comes up with this sort of nonsense the teachers or the parents because i suspect it isnt the pupils themselves unfortunately schools and universities have turned into places where young minds are being filled with identity politics nonsense by educators who ought to know better is it any wonder so many university campasses have become safe space echo chambers failing to deal with the real world when young heads are being filled with such rubbish.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies