School leaving age

Bridget558

I wrote about this in my other thread but i think this topic needs its own thread here in the education forum. The legal age to drop out of education in ireland is 16. The Uk is bringing their school leaving age up from 16 to 18 in 2012 and Italy already did this a couple of years ago. Should ireland do the same ?

mr_anderson

I wrote about this in my other thread but i think this topic needs its own thread here in the education forum. The legal age to drop out of education in ireland is 16. The Uk is bringing their school leaving age up from 16 to 18 in 2012 and Italy already did this a couple of years ago. Should ireland do the same ?
Any marked improvement in Italy ?

Bridget558

Well teachers are telling young people in the class room these days that there is no hope for them unless they do their leaving cert and go to universty, i agree this is ************************************************ talk, i agree that its not always A and B there is always c.

making waves

There are many kids in school that are not a academically inclined in a system that is points driven. These are the kids that struggle with staying in school. The LCA programme had proved effective in assisting these students in continuing their education, but what does the government do? They cut the funding to LCA and drive more kids out of education. Coupled with the proposed increase in PLC course fees, the establishment have demonstrated they don't give a fiddlers about these kids.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies