Science discovers liberals are "psychotic" and prone to authoritarianism

ne0ica

I have been saying this for years now.

Turns out Science also.

"Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic"

"Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians..................

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism."

Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic | New York Post

GDPR

People militantly opposed to Trump do seem prone to self-deceit and often impudent authoritarianism certainly it really does seem.

ger12

:lol:

ne0ica

People militantly opposed to Trump do seem prone to self-deceit and often impudent authoritarianism certainly it really does seem.
Only a few weeks ago Una Mullaly and Colm O'Gormans eyes almost started to bleed because they read an article about the alt right in the Irish Times.

D

Deleted member 45466

Only a few weeks ago Una Mullaly and Colm O'Gormans eyes almost started to bleed because they read an article about the alt right in the Irish Times.
I dunno, do modern liberals have inverted victorian sensibilities or summat?

They're a thin skinned, precious lot, for shewer.

One must tread carefully.

GDPR

I remember that- I saw a clip of the TV show that silly Yank comedian who wrote it was on with COG discussing it and he was genuinely, and I have to say I don't blame him disturbed by Colm; that was borderline pathological hysteric activity and certainly over the top impudent authoritarianism.

ne0ica

I dunno, do modern liberals have inverted victorian sensibilities or summat?

They're a thin skinned, precious lot, for shewer.

One must tread carefully.
How many times has it been brought up on Rté or Newstalk and how aghast liberals are with indignation that Archbishop McQuaid wanted to boycott an international football game between Ireland and Yugoslavia because of Communist persecution of religion in Yugoslavia.

And without any hint of irony these same liberals and media commentators want Enda to boycott and confront Donald Trump "racist polices" because he wants to "ban" Muslims from certain terror prone countries.

GDPR

The happiest people in Ireland are elderly rural people who grew up before the changes that came in with Vatican II- I guess they would count as Conservative. People like COG and Una always seem miserable and uptight. The annoying thing about their type of Liberal refuses to "own" their authoritarianism the way that old style Left authoritarians did.

Windowshopper

I think the OP should have expanaded his OP and explained what 'psychoticism' means. I suspect that he is leaving out some context here, and only made the OP to clickbait and troll rather than open up a discussion.

The journal said the error doesn’t change the main conclusions of the paper, which found that “personality traits do not cause people to develop political attitudes.”

amsterdemmetje

I think the OP should have expanaded his OP and explained what 'psychoticism' means. I suspect that he is leaving out some context here, and only made the OP to clickbait and troll rather than open up a discussion.
Well i'm no liberal but ill tell you what, id rather be stuck in a lift with the biggest pinko tree hugging liberal out there than the kind of person who comes on here and accuses another poster of pimping his daughter out . I'm not an expert but that's pretty psychotic behaviour if you ask me.

D

Deleted member 45466

How many times has it been brought up on Rté or Newstalk and how aghast liberals are with indignation that Archbishop McQuaid wanted to boycott an international football game between Ireland and Yugoslavia because of Communist persecution of religion in Yugoslavia.

And without any hint of irony these same liberals and media commentators want Enda to boycott and confront Donald Trump "racist polices" because he wants to "ban" Muslims from certain terror prone countries.

I don't know. I don't watch RTE.

They can whine, cry, stomp, bleat and hand-wring as much as they want. EK won't be boycotting Trump.

Liberalism in its modern consumeristic form is nowt more than a shopping list for more free stuff.

Volatire

The guy who found the errors says

But professor Steven Ludeke of the University of Southern Denmark, who pointed out the errors, told Retraction Watch that they “matter quite a lot.”

“The erroneous results represented some of the larger correlations between personality and politics ever reported; they were reported and interpreted, repeatedly, in the wrong direction,” he said.
The authors, who wanted to show that right-wingers are crazy, were hoisted by their own libtard!

:lol:

Peppermint

I have been saying this for years now.

Turns out Science also.

"Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic"

"Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians..................

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism."

Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic | New York Post
And to your mind, everyone who questions you, is a liberal.. well pretty much?
Nice little world you live in.. pussy groping is the way to go..

LINKS FAHREN

So, Will Mercurial:
A. Doggedly point out the numerous category confusions, abuses of logic and disinformation in the findings above, and reaffirm the validity of the scientific method which supersedes individual human erorrs or,

B. Come around to the houses of Conservative posters dressed only in a ski mask with a chainsaw and jaggedly point out the errors of their ways?

The sample might be small, but I think we could have the beginnings of a result as to whether the theory holds water by tomorrow's tabloid front pages.

ne0ica

And to your mind, everyone who questions you, is a liberal.. well pretty much?
Nice little world you live in.. pussy groping is the way to go..
Stay classy.

So, Will Mercurial:
A. Doggedly point out the numerous category confusions, abuses of logic and disinformation in the findings above, and reaffirm the validity of the scientific method which supersedes individual human erorrs or,

B. Come around to the houses of Conservative posters dressed only in a ski mask with a chainsaw and jaggedly point out the errors of their ways?

The sample might be small, but I think we could have the beginnings of a result as to whether the theory holds water by tomorrow's tabloid front pages.
Or will Mecurial do what I have done, which is to say that I have never once in my lfe linked Conservatism to psychosis?

If anyone can find any link whatever here where I say that then show it.

GDPR

Well i'm no liberal but ill tell you what, id rather be stuck in a lift with the biggest pinko tree hugging liberal out there than the kind of person who comes on here and accuses another poster of pimping his daughter out . I'm not an expert but that's pretty psychotic behaviour if you ask me.
You little to no respect for Tradition and Authority based on it. You supported homosexualist marriage. How are you not a "Liberal"?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies