Scientology: Enough is enough

McTell

//

Stentor must make breakfast* for Morning Star Shining Light. One does not provoke him.

Grapefruit in its skin divided into 4 segments and lightly dusted with sugar.

Porridge. Organic large flakes only.

Cafe au lait.

Tartine buerre with Irish blackberry jam on side. Not on tartine. Shiver of fear.

Irish emmental cheese. 2 slices on side plate.

Muinteor Ray livestreaming on RTE Player.

Submissive demeanor from Stentor the living God.

Are you hungry?

I am hungry too.

On a lighter note. Vadge!

You're spoiling it for the rest of us. There is no law forbidding anyone from claiming a direct line to "lord jesus" and his family, and collecting what can only be guilt money from the credulous.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
You can pretty much buy a certificate which declares you to be a 'Pastor of Divinity' from dodgy online colleges in various US states. You can legally marry people.

I did consider doing it ahead of a week away with mates and insisting on my proper title but they were looking to charge a couple of hundred dollars or something so I closed the laptop, which I reckon is what mr jesus probably would have done with this stuff so its all good.

McTell

You can pretty much buy a certificate which declares you to be a 'Pastor of Divinity' from dodgy online colleges in various US states. You can legally marry people.

I did consider doing it ahead of a week away with mates and insisting on my proper title but they were looking to charge a couple of hundred dollars or something so I closed the laptop, which I reckon is what mr jesus probably would have done with this stuff so its all good.

It's all about fancy titles that mean nothing. "archbishop", "dr paisley", and yet you can still certify passports as an Authority Figure. Well worth the $10.

Did mr jesus call himself "The Lord Jesus"? Nope.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Wonder did he have a nickname in school. Probably 'Lube Minor' what with him being philosophically a sort of 'three-in-one' like the oil. The older brother must have had an interesting if somewhat awkward family life.

'Right. So HE gets to be a deity and his da runs the Universe as a super-being. What do I get? Joe over there with the Nandos Piri-Piri sauce down his robe.'

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No

Annoying thing about tracking data of forum users and allowing advertisers to extrapolate from posts, I have to say. Since I posted the above I'm starting to see banner ads across this forum offering me 'Accredited Counsellor' status off a short course.

Apart from the dubious ethicality of being accomplices to and complicit in companies offering what are barely legal but quite fake qualifications in order for one human being to appear qualified to be a counsellor to another blissfully unaware human being, I find this rather intrusive, primarily because it just happens and is not outlined anywhere.

I know the forum has to be maintained and therefore requires advertising revenue but it is somewhat quixotic that we are under restrictions legally not to debate current affairs from an ongoing case where prejudice or libel might occur, and yet it appears perfectly alright for our statements to be trawled for targeted advertising. I really think it is time that forums such as this should have to explain that this will occur up front and on their front page.

McTell

"Margaret, we have the hall booked to 11". Always some problem....

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom