Scott Hogan Declares For The ROI

General Urko

I take the view that we are a nation far bigger than the almost 7 Million on the island, so I say Scott plumping for us, adds to the more the merrier paradigm!

Striker Scott Hogan finally commits to Ireland after face-to-face meeting with Martin O

This quote though could explain a lot -

'Hogan has been of interest to O’Neill for more than a year but seemed less inclined to declare for Ireland when it appeared back in January that he was headed for the Premier League and, perhaps, a shot at an England cap.
In the end he moved to Championship side Aston Villa rather than West Ham and has struggled since at his new club with injury and loss of form'.:rolleyes:

He may well be ahead of our very own Sean McGuire in the queue.

BTW how is the other Villa Lad doing who decided not top declare for us?:rolleyes:

Hogan declaring for us, hopefully won't be analogous to Colm Keaveney declaring for Fianna Fail!petunia

Outlaw101

I actually think one of the reasons he didn't declare earlier is because he has a history with injury and was coming of the back of two seasons pretty much out though injury. He hit a bit of form with Brentford which got everyone's attention and he wanted to focus on club career return without adding pressure of international football.

He might just feel more confident that his injury is behind him so is now willing to add international commitments.

General Urko

I actually think one of the reasons he didn't declare earlier is because he has a history with injury and was coming of the back of two seasons pretty much out though injury. He hit a bit of form with Brentford which got everyone's attention and he wanted to focus on club career return without adding pressure of international football.

He might just feel more confident that his injury is behind him so is now willing to add international commitments.
Let's hope so!

wombat

Young striker declaring for Ireland is good, I had hopes for Bamford but he never did.

General Urko

Young striker declaring for Ireland is good, I had hopes for Bamford but he never did.
We are really short on strikers!

Round tower

Very true, he had a couple of cruciate knee injuries, he was a prolific goal scorer with Brentford, AV are going through a bad patch which could be affecting his form, but it's great news to have him finally on board

The_SR

Random Brit clogger realises he won't make the Engerland side so settles for us. Let's all rejoice.

Let's rejoice again as Maguire got on that magic plane that turns a loi player into an international standard

razorblade

Did he really choose Ireland or was he waiting for an England call up and when he realised it wasnt forthcoming, he then decides to declare to play for Ireland, there's a big difference between picking a country and settling for a country, a very big difference.

The_SR

Did he really choose Ireland or was he waiting for an England call up and when he realised it wasnt forthcoming, he then decides to declare to play for Ireland, there's a big difference between picking a country and settling for a country, a very big difference.
Looks like he 'settled' but MON seems to accept he didn't.

The lad simply isn't very good, it's all very agent led meh

Outlaw101

Random Brit clogger realises he won't make the Engerland side so settles for us. Let's all rejoice.

Let's rejoice again as Maguire got on that magic plane that turns a loi player into an international standard
Nice to see that welcoming attitude that makes the league of Ireland such a desirable destination for fans.

Are you guys ever anything but miserable. :confused:

The_SR

Nice to see that welcoming attitude that makes the league of Ireland such a desirable destination for fans.

Are you guys ever anything but miserable. :confused:
Yeah, if I just clapped like an ole oler when some random foreigner declared for us they would be turning them away.

Outlaw101

Yeah, if I just clapped like an ole oler when some random foreigner declared for us they would be turning them away.
I'd be disappointed if you did that. There is a special type of nastiness which is the hall mark of a league of Ireland football fan.

Just because you're an inbred doesn't mean that only inbreeds qualify as being Irish.

There are plenty of young people who were forced out of this country and scumbags like you don't get to decide that their children are any less Irish than you are.

Nasty little man. 100% league of Ireland fan.

The_SR

I'd be disappointed if you did that. There is a special type of nastiness which is the hall mark of a league of Ireland football fan.

Just because you're an inbred doesn't mean that only inbreeds qualify as being Irish.

There are plenty of young people who were forced out of this country and scumbags like you don't get to decide that their children are any less Irish than you are.

Nasty little man. 100% league of Ireland fan.
Perfectly happy with genuine diaspora. 25 year olds with no link to Ireland belatedly deciding to declare for us, not so happy.

Outlaw101

Perfectly happy with genuine diaspora. 25 year olds with no link to Ireland belatedly deciding to declare for us, not so happy.
You don't get to decide who is genuine.

Irish people don't need your permission, or any of the nasty yobs that frequent the stands of the league of Ireland permission, to consider themselves Irish.

Three Irish Grandparents, called up at U21 level but didn't play, 2 years out with injury, back for 1 year and signals he is ready to be considered to play for Ireland again.

Even if none of the above was true it wouldn't make a difference. Anybody who leaves this country, forced out or otherwise, knows that if ever their descendants want to return then they are more than welcome. Yobs like you and the boys in the league of Ireland aren't going to change that.

The_SR

Have some pride. Using a dead kid to make a tediously irrelevant point.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies