Scum Landlord - Council and other State Bodies inaction

Exclusive: Meet the 108 'crazy' rule woman with orders of almost

'Must shower at least once a day

Case beggars belief and yup I am a LL myself so my view on this is from that side.

Council have done SFA where as they have the statutory power to immediately condemm a property as unfit for Human habitation and move everybody out. Dublin Fire Brigade have also that power where no fire exits exist.

Garda have a duty here where money is being fraudulently taken where no hope of return................. it is a Criminal rather than a civil matter.

Revenue Commissioners have like Garda a right for a visit and sieze ALL papers relating to income undeclared which will be in thousands. Freeze all bank accounts and sieze her computers.

In addition a review of residency status would be in order as deportation for actions contrary to public good are allowed.

UK has a HMO law..................... er House of Multiple Occupation with clear rules and regulations relating to what must be in a property, has to be registered with council and inspected.

https://www.brent.gov.uk/council-news/press-releases/pr6327/

Restaurant owner faces jail after admitting a raft of fire safety breaches - FirexactFirexact

https://landlordnews.co.uk/rogue-landlord-jailed-fake-hmo-document/

Guess what will happen............................. NOTHING

Stentor

Watcher2

We rarely do enforcement in this country.

Also, with so many politicians as landlords, setting precedents of enforcing landlords to comply with legislation goes against their best interests. The legislative window dressing is fine so long as its not enforced. Happy days eh? The banana republic survives.

Brenny

Landlords can be problematic but, as pointed out, she's no landlord but rather a sub-letter. This phenomenon needs to be stamped out before we get a repetition of the mid-nineteenth century set of problems whereby there were many layers of sub-letting between landlord and tenant.

EoinMag

I remember a place where the landlord used come in and shave with the lads razors.
They'd often find him in the kitchen making a sandwich with their bread and ham.

brughahaha

Our public servants failing to enforce the law despite being paid to do so ....... hardly surprising is it ....it could involve them getting off their arse on a regular basis ....no chance

Sister Mercedes

The more people you have sharing a property the more rigid you need the rules. Otherwise it becomes an unlivable mess with everyone trying to use the shower at the same time.

Watcher2

I remember a place where the landlord used come in and shave with the lads razors.
They'd often find him in the kitchen making a sandwich with their bread and ham.
Did the landlord have a "day job" or was he a "professional" landlord? If he had a "day job", do you know what it was?

brughahaha

Was looking at a house in howth years ago .........owner said if he had too much to drink in the yacht club he'd occasionally sleep on the coach ....we declined

Sister Mercedes

Our public servants failing to enforce the law despite being paid to do so ....... hardly surprising is it ....it could involve them getting off their arse on a regular basis ....no chance
Years ago, you could call the Council or the Gardai to sort out problems. Now everything is a 'civil matter' and you have to take someone to the Courts. It manages to absolve the PS of having to do any work while at the same time creating lucrative billable hours for the legal profession.

EoinMag

Did the landlord have a "day job" or was he a "professional" landlord? If he had a "day job", do you know what it was?
No idea, it was a bit of a madhouse to be honest, I think there were supposed to be 4 people in it, he'd walk in and there'd be ten people sitting around smoking spliffs, one of the lads was a dealer.
There'd be people in the room playing the decks etc.
He was a big muck savage, not sure if that was his main job, I presume it was cos he'd turn up there in the middle of the day.

Was looking at a house in howth years ago .........owner said if he had too much to drink in the yacht club he'd occasionally sleep on the coach ....we declined
In Uk where have property tenants are free to change locks long as they change them back when they leave.
As a LL I cannot enter into a property unless it is an emergency.......... Gas / Water leaks are deemed such or at request of police or other statutory authority.

I tend to tell tenants to change the locks, when I explain that means nobody else including old tenants have keys they see my reasoning.
Also mean if there is a breakin Cops don't ask me who had keys and even better at 2am on Saturday morning if a tenant had a load of beer they don't call me as I got no keys.

Brenny

My first landlord used to comment on how untidy my flat was (why was he in there in the first place). He agreed to pay for the bins but became obsessed when the waste company asked us to separate recycling from landfill. He started commenting then that we were putting tin cans in with landfill. We told him we were moving out after we found going through our rubbish one day.

Cdebru

A lot of these people are either undocumented or have little to no English, most of the time it is their own that are ripping them off not Irish people.
Rent is so expensive these people have no hope of renting proper accommodation, I heard of a case of a young women sharing a double bed with a man, who is a complete stranger, paying €200 a month for the privilege.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies