• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

SDLP calls for immediate talks to restore NI powersharing

Mickeymac

What unionists have asked for a Ulster Scots to be on road signs?

I assume if they did it was some sort of quid pro quo for Irish to be in them.

I've an idea, let's stick with English and everyone will know what they are for.
Unionists in N.I demand "ulster scots" be on road signs, yet most people know it is just a Ballymena accent or dialect.
And then Newry and DoG complain about an Teanga Gaeilge.
Cén fáth?

A poster once told us the councils erect these ulser scoot signs to humor tourists😂😂😂

McSlaggart

What unionists have asked for a Ulster Scots to be on road signs?

I assume if they did it was some sort of quid pro quo for Irish to be in them.

I've an idea, let's stick with English and everyone will know what they are for.
The people of Wales would not support your view of what it means to be British.

McSlaggart

Never heard of it before. Google said its a townland near Carrickmore.
Carmen:
'An Tearman' meaning a haven or a sanctuary (A lot of people come from Carmen). Its a very big area from the point of view of people using the term to describe the place they are from.

Newrybhoy

False equivilant even?
You ain't all that good at comedy Delerious, never were really.😂😂😂
It is quite quantifiable.

Numbers of people they killed.

Numbers of children they abused and disposed of.

Amount of wealth belonging to the poor of the World they amassed?

Start with those Tommy.

Mickeymac

It is quite quantifiable.

Numbers of people they killed.

Numbers of children they abused and disposed of.

Amount of wealth belonging to the poor of the World they amassed?

Start with those Tommy.

It is you who are making these spurious claims, back them up with evidence or withdraw your ludicrous allegations.

Glenshane4

Would you say that the OO had caused more or less harm than the Catholic Church over the centuries?
Worldwide, the Presbyterian Churches have done far more harm that the Catholic Church. In Northern Ireland, the Orange Order has done far more harm than the Catholic Church.

redneck

I am not a fan of a lot of Ulster Prods, but I will give credit for the strong family values and strong Christian faith of of them.

Newrybhoy

Worldwide, the Presbyterian Churches have done far more harm that the Catholic Church. In Northern Ireland, the Orange Order has done far more harm than the Catholic Church.
Nonsense and you know it.

When you see the abuse that's been documented, it's horrific to think what the RCC will have got up to in South America and Africa.

NMunsterman

Nonsense and you know it.

When you see the abuse that's been documented, it's horrific to think what the RCC will have got up to in South America and Africa.
Up there at the Top Table competing with the level of British state terrorism, colonialism, militarism and murder carried out over centuries globally, including in Ireland. The various religious sects that had insinuated themselves with this British State Colonial Terrorist project share much of the shame and blame.

Newrybhoy

Up there at the Top Table competing with the level of British state terrorism, colonialism, militarism and murder carried out over centuries globally, including in Ireland. The various religious sects that had insinuated themselves with this British State Colonial Terrorist project share much of the shame and blame.
More deflection.

For Gods sake just for once accept your own culpability.

NMunsterman

More deflection.

For Gods sake just for once accept your own culpability.
I have nothing to do with any religious sect nor have I had anything to do with the British Colonial Terror project.

Mickeymac

Absolutely NMM, even today in 2019, much of the present conflicts/ disagreements/wars etc across the planet can be attributed to past British colonialism and their wrongdoing.

Mickeymac

I have nothing to do with any religious sect nor have I had anything to do with the British Colonial Terror project.

People who accuse others of such evil are usually the worst offenders of such and live in denial of the truth.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies