SDLP MLA says 95 Wrightbus job losses a 'devastating blow'

CastleRay

So you would agree that most parts of their bus are imported into Northern Ireland?
Not until I see the evidence.

More importantly is where are their current and future markets? Evidence of that would assist your analysis as you try to “see”why the owner might support the UK leaving the EU from an economic point of view, and that’s before other reasons he may have had are considered.

death or glory

So you would agree that most parts of their bus are imported into Northern Ireland?
If you're chatting about raw materials, obviously yes.

But if not, it's another dumb ass point you are trying to make.

Manufacturing is converting raw materials to an actual product, or making a complex product out of a lot of individual components.

FFS it's 2018.

Craigmore..

More importantly is where are their current and future markets? Evidence of that would assist your analysis as you try to “see”why the owner might support the UK leaving the EU from an economic point of view, and that’s before other reasons he may have had are considered.
quite a bit goes to Singapore and a lot of parts are manufactured in NI. Local Engineering companies.

CastleRay

quite a bit goes to Singapore and a lot of parts are manufactured in NI. Local Engineering companies.
Yep. They have their own metallix and composite companies as well as their chassis company. Cummins and Perkins supply from GB as well as local companies like McAuley and Hutchinson too. Apart from Daimler and Volvo engines their buses are really rather British. Singapore operation mainly assembles buses made in NI.

How many buses do the French and Germans buy compared to UK and all the other non-EU countries? That’s what really needs to be known before making comment on the motivation of the owner regarding leaving the EU.

Mickeymac

Yep. They have their own metallix and composite companies as well as their chassis company. Cummins and Perkins supply from GB as well as local companies like McAuley and Hutchinson too. Apart from Daimler and Volvo engines their buses are really rather British. Singapore operation mainly assembles buses made in NI.

How many buses do the French and Germans buy compared to UK and all the other non-EU countries? That’s what really needs to be known before making comment on the motivation of the owner regarding leaving the EU.

In that case AH, they would be recruiting workers not laying them off ffs.......High St England going down the tubes as we speak and idiots like you refuse to see it.

Craigmore..

I http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrightbus#Exports

This page might be helpful. Nothing of my knowledge goes to mainland Europe and there are no parts imported from there either.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

As you're Irish yourself I'm surprised by your lack of self-respect.
That was evident with another poster tonight as well. There's something deeply uncomfortable seeing a man in particular engaging in self degradation. A female might end up like that for a number of reasons but happening upon a man in that frame of mind is quite tragic.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

I don't know but some Unionist was telling me earlier that Tayto was invented in NI. I did a quick Google and it turns out it was a chap called Spud Murphy in Dublin who created them but they were taking the credit. I don't know why a guy would lie over a Goddamn Potato chip but there you go.

Mickeymac

I don't know but some Unionist was telling me earlier that Tayto was invented in NI. I did a quick Google and it turns out it was a chap called Spud Murphy in Dublin who created them but they were taking the credit. I don't know why a guy would lie over a Goddamn Potato chip but there you go.

Sounds like Razza, he thinks Bombardier in Belfast make aircraft and HW build ships for his majesty's navy.....crazy

McSlaggart

Thank you for clarifying your understanding of the topic under discussion. The major cost components for the company are purchased from the best supplier their can find.

McSlaggart

If you're chatting about raw materials, obviously yes.

But if not, it's another dumb ass point you are trying to make.

Manufacturing is converting raw materials to an actual product, or making a complex product out of a lot of individual components.

FFS it's 2018.
Ya its 2018 and items such as gearbox, engine they need to go to a supplier from the rest of the EU.

CastleRay

They can currently go to a supplier anywhere else today but they must think the component suppliers from the EU are better.
As you should know, selling is more important than buying to your analysis. So where are their current and future markets to make you not see why they could be economically ok with UK out of the EU?

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom