Seamus Mallon insulted by Sinn Féin elected officials.

TheField

Reported today that Seamus Mallon, a former deputy leader of the SDLP was awarded the Freedom of Drogheda in recognition of his work towards peace and reconciliation in Northern Ireland.

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2018/0608/969196-mallon-freedom-drogheda/

All well & good until it is revealed that three elected members of Sinn Féin opposed the move to bestow the freedom of Drogheda on Mr Mallon and did not attend the ceremony.

Did you ever come across such mean spirited begrudgery in your life?? I spat on them when I heard this. Disgusting small minded people.

When will the Shinners learn how to win friends and influence people? Not in many a year it seems. Let their electorate treat them a lesson in the ballot box next time around.

brughahaha

Reported today that Seamus Mallon, a former deputy leader of the SDLP was awarded the Freedom of Drogheda in recognition of his work towards peace and reconciliation in Northern Ireland.

All well & good until it is revealed that three elected members of Sinn Féin opposed the move to bestow the freedom of Drogheda on Mr Mallon and did not attend the ceremony.

Did you ever come across such mean spirited begrudgery in your life?? I spat on them when I heard this. Disgusting small minded people.

When will the Shinners learn how to win friends and influence people? Not in many a year it seems. Let their electorate treat them a lesson in the ballot box next time around.
well done the shinners ...Mallon was always a useful fool for the establishment

Niall996

Did they offer a reason? Might have a point.

runwiththewind

I thought he looked very frail this evening.

storybud1

Did they offer a reason? Might have a point.

They were probably being bused around with the Dundalk SF rent a mob to protest at someone, somewhere, in Summertime,,

80s festival music , for the kids on here, sounded like this,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7XZPhgmTaw

it makes as much sense as typing about that shower of fooking morons that have achieved nothing that the SDLP could have done better if the SF gangsters were really seen for what they are,

midlander12

Oh for pity's sake, you're talking about SF councillors! They exist largely to remind us why many of us still find it hard to take that party seriously. The Indo would have little to print half the time if it wasn't for their puerile antics.

They were probably at a demo about the lack of Irish-language signage in Termonfeckin or something like that. They should be just ignored, and I'm sure everyone else was suitably relieved they never showed.

GDPR

What does the freedom of Drogheda entail?

A lifetime pass to Funtasia?

Half Nelson

Sinn Fein aren't fit to wipe Seamus Mallon's shoes.

What would you expect from a pig but a grunt!

Niall996

They were probably being bused around with the Dundalk SF rent a mob to protest at someone, somewhere, in Summertime,,

it makes as much sense as typing about that shower of fooking morons that have achieved nothing that the SDLP could have done better if the SF gangsters were really seen for what they are,
SDLP? They were a party back in the 80's/90's whom Irish people in the north once voted for but don't anymore correct? I've heard about them. Not in a while though. Why does no-one vote for them anymore?

Last edited:

OrderoftheDragon

Hardly surprising from the bunch of pig ignorant fu3kers that make up the majority of SF elected reps. The few they have in the Dail is about the sum total of their brainpower.

onlyasking

The bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar. Not in what's supposed to be a political debate.

Peeved people don't debate particularly well in my view.

PBP voter

The young nationalists in the North who rejected the PIRA because of the likes of Seamus Mallon tend to be winners.

Those that joined the PIRA tend to be losers. All for nothing.

Simple really.

gerhard dengler

You've only realised this now?

Hitchcock

No supporter of SF but they're perfectly within their rights to oppose the move if they wish. A thread about nothing.

seanof

Mallon isn't everyone's cup of tea. He's certainly no John Hume. He's divisory, bitter and not a conciliator. A blueshirt / FG type. SF will most likely benefit in the polls from their stance.

death or glory

The young nationalists in the North who rejected the PIRA because of the likes of Seamus Mallon tend to be winners.

Simple really.
well said, and so very true.

onlyasking

Simple really.
Is that you Donald?

There was something about the 'style' and the 'rationale' and the 'tone'.

well done the shinners ...Mallon was always a useful fool for the establishment
Seamus Mallon was one the people who ensured Sinn Fein not only could stand in elections but also take part in the democratic process rather than just sitting on the sidelines.

He had the courage to stand up when others did not, often at personal cost.

Shinners show that its their way and nobody elses.............. problem with that is people tire of being dictated to very quickly.

The Field Marshal

I have always liked Drogheda and felt very free there.

I think it’s connected to Ollie Plunkets head and the influence around the town of that wonderful relic of this great Irish martyr saint cruelly murdered by Protestants because of his religious beliefs.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies