• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Seán FitzPatrick will face more than one trial.

davidcameron

FitzPatrick unlikely to face loans trial until end of 2014
The 64-year-old is facing a total of 12 charges in connection with alleged financial irregularities at the bank over a six-year period. He has yet to enter a plea.

Mr FitzPatrick appeared at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court yesterday for the first time on these charges after being sent forward from the District Court earlier this month.

Judge Mary Ellen Ring was told that Mr FitzPatrick was "ultimately" likely to take a trial date.

She told the court that this will probably be towards the end of 2014.

This is so a period of 'fade' can take place following the accused's trial on separate matters in early 2014.
I cannot for the life of me understand why all the charges that are being brought against him are not put to him in a single trial. After all, the alleged offences took place in the same organisation.

PS: I am not speculating as to whether or not he committed the offences he has been charged with.

Fr.Ted Crilly

Grumpy Jack

I cannot for the life of me understand why all the charges that are being brought against him are not put to him in a single trial. After all, the alleged offences took place in the same organisation.

PS: I am not speculating as to whether or not he committed the offences he has been charged with.
Because they are two separate cases relating to separate matters - one of which involves other defendents facing the same charges.

Spanner Island

Are you nuts?

With all the Tribunal gravy trains more or less wrapped up at this stage the poor legal eagles need high profile trials like this to string out for as long as possible...

And I'm sure you can guess who'll end up paying their bills?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
The charges are on relatively complex matters...no sense in joining them together and blowing the minds of the type of people likely to be on the jury

cYp

Half Nelson

Seán FitzPatrick.... oh yes.... I remember him.
Didn't he used to be somebody?

Half Nelson

Nah, he just thought he was.
Unfortunately for the rest of us, a lot of our betters believed him.
Memory can be unreliable after so many years.
Maybe somebody is counting on just that.

davidcameron

This isn't an episode of 'LA Law'. It is the Irish kleptocracy attempting damage limitation. And from experience over the grotesque history of the modern state when it comes to any kind of equitable justice your allegation that justice works to theory in Ireland is naive at best and hopeful at worst.
The DPP is a civil servant but is independent. That's what it says in Brian Doolan's Principles of Irish Law.

Furthermore, nobody can interfere with the jury.

corelli

Are you nuts?

With all the Tribunal gravy trains more or less wrapped up at this stage the poor legal eagles need high profile trials like this to string out for as long as possible...

And I'm sure you can guess who'll end up paying their bills?
Ah hello, it's a circuit court trial. Even if it takes months, which it won't, there will be NOTHING like the legal bills run up by the various tribunals.

Fr.Ted Crilly

And Garlic Man, just released today.
Is 'garlic man' white collar?
Perhaps I should just have said bankers and financial institution workers.

Nemesiscorporation

I really do not understand why the directors of the failed banks are not in jail.

Fr.Ted Crilly

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies