• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Sean Gallagher went to monastery after failed Aras bid.

Eoin Coir

Gallagher retreated to monastery after his failed Aras bid - National News - Independent.ie

In todays Indo we learn that failed presidential candidate spent a week in a monastery in Sligo along with his wife after his failed Aras bid.
In an interview with Gaybo, The meaning of life, he reveals that he has moved to live in Cork,and his wife is expecting a baby. He also says that he wanted to do for business what McAleese did for peace process. Of course there is no problem with him doing a lot for business now and as an entrepreneur, now that his country needs him. And his real genius can be proven seeing that his party FF can not be accused of propping him up with grants etc.

I suppose Gaybo will end with his usual blather " now Bagman when you arrive at the pearly gates"....Bagman may say "I know a shroud has no pockets, that was my philosophy all my life, I am very happy about that"

Eoin Coir

I assume the monastery, a Carmelite one, was at Skreen, Sligo. They came from US some years ago, and took over an old convent,and buolt a few beehive huts on the grounds.

Radix

Is there no end to the seedy revelations about this man. We find out about hustling for money around the border, his links with underground politics, his work with the 'yewth', and now we find out about links to the Catholic criminal church.

You might just be the man to put him up against a brick wall Coir.

automaticforthepeople

At least he delivered on his promise of the patter of little feet. Good luck to all 3 of them on a personal level.

SideysGhost

So not only is he a maFFia bagman, he's a bead-rattling loon as well.

Narrow escape there, Ireland.

Honecker

It's scary that this FF money collecter came within a cat's whisker of becoming president. The Irish people are complete ghowls.

controller

He probably went to receive forgiveness for being a dirty lying scumbag....and for being a member of FF

Politics matters

It's scary that this FF money collecter came within a cat's whisker of becoming president. The Irish people are complete ghowls.
Yes personally I believe business men should stick to business and leave politics to the politicians.I find it inappropriate that wealthy business men have more power than you average citizen.Surely they would have a conflict of interest in relation to implementing policies that would directly effect them?

I commend Martin for showing the stupid electorate what this guy really was.

Dr Pat

Seán Gallagher earned the trust of 28% of those who validly voted. You might at least respect him for that, even if he is not of your political ilk. Begrudgers, eternal haters and whingers really are a sad lot.

macs magic

Seán Gallagher earned the trust of 28% of those who validly voted. You might at least respect him for that, even if he is not of your political ilk. Begrudgers, eternal haters and whingers really are a sad lot.
Welcome to Politics.ie,home of the begrudger and Sinn Fein sympathizer :rolleyes:

Eoin Coir

What is he doing for a living now? Has he sold his properties in Louth to raise cash?
All I really know is he doing for gig for the Sindo each sunday, but i doubt if they bpay much. His wife's folk are from Cork.
As I said now is the time to show what a business man and entrepreneur he is- without his FF props.

jakersno

He had lots of experience, an entreprenoor,
Youth Clubs, forms filled, your grant was secured,
If you wanted to turn off the lights with your ipod,
He had the technology, ever so mod.
Seanie was well on the way to the Aras,
But got fatally rumbled on a Primetime performance,
There was talk of smugglers, photos and envelopes,
Forget about Twitter, did he think we were dopes.
His campaign was doomed, of that we were sure,
He just didn`t know about being the cute hoor,
Now he ponders what could have been, up in the monastery,
Brought down by the snare of an ex-paramilitary.

No they aren't. None of the Irish asked Gallagher to stand for election. He chose to, got the requisite approvals to allow him to stand, the Irish electorate considered and rejected him (thx to MM heh).
That was my recollection of events too.

Eoin Coir

He had lots of experience, an entreprenoor,
Youth Clubs, forms filled, your grant was secured,
If you wanted to turn off the lights with your ipod,
He had the technology, ever so mod.
Seanie was well on the way to the Aras,
But got fatally rumbled on a Primetime performance,
There was talk of smugglers, photos and envelopes,
Forget about Twitter, did he think we were dopes.
His campaign was doomed, of that we were sure,
He just didn`t know about being the cute hoor,
Now he ponders what could have been, up in the monastery,
Brought down by the snare of an ex-paramilitary.
Brilliant - I am happy about that

Analyzer

Next they will be telling us that Cowen has given up the booze, Sumo is on slimfast, and Johnny Cash has stopped betting on horses.

....."the drinks cabinet do therapy"..

Eoin Coir

I suppose both he and Gaybo will privately discuss the might have beens - they could have ended up as opponents had Duckie Martin's idea to run Gay come to fruition. What a contest that would have been , I suspect Gaybo might also have done quite well, the Daniel O Donnell effect and all the aul ones loving him

sethjem7

We nearly gave this charlatan the presidency! Why do we hold dangerous, stupid mouthpieces in such high esteem in this country?