• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Sean Quinn Back in Business

belcoo666

"Other venues in Sean Quinn's former hospitality chain include the Slieve Russell Hotel in Co Cavan, Buswells Hotel on Molesworth St, Dublin, close to the Kildare Street entrance to Dáil Éireann, as well as the Barge pub on Ranelagh Bridge, and JW Sweetmans, formerly Messers Maguire pub near O'Connell Bridge".

Flog the lot, it's all State monies now.
Quite , and we know this State will spend it wisely !!!!!!!!

belcoo666

Yes it was, stranger than fiction,with the defence offered, the lawyers must have known it would all collapse quickly, SQ's final public bluff.

Reckon the chase for assets will continue for a long time.
Thats good news for you , any sudden drop in your begrudger levels could be lethal at this stage . The Quinns still have and will have levels of wealth you can only dream about on handout day .

Jack Walsh

Thats good news for you , any sudden drop in your begrudger levels could be lethal at this stage . The Quinns still have and will have levels of wealth you can only dream about on handout day .

If they do, it is stolen from your own back pocket.
And mine
And stanley's

The only difference is that you are the only one of the three of us who thinks that's ok!

Last edited:

belcoo666

If they do, it is stolen from your own back pocket.
And mine
And stanley's

The only difference is that you are the only one of the three of us who thinks that's ok!
if you really want to see what is been stolen from you pocket have a look around your capital city and see what your govt has handed to American vulture funds

At least the Quinns gave something or tried to give something to this country

How many people have you and Stanley ever employed , yep thought so , and no calling the plumber out to fix your tap does not count

stanley

The Quinns will live off stolen wealth as their Anglo debt has to be written off as Sean Quinn wanted to be King Celtic Tiger by taking over Anglo, he would have control through lending of many people, a short cut to the top, unfortunately for him he decided to gamble with CFDs with one of the biggest gamblers in Europe, namely J P McManus, SQ lost and JP is thought to have cleared as much as 1bn on these transactions alone, there is no limit to SQ's ego.

Quinn Insurance was all about turnover and providing the Quinn Group with cashflow so they could borrow away from Anglo at their leisure, they paid little heed to Regulators about keeping Reserves and should have been stopped from trading after their first year.

Quinns had some solid businesses such as quarrying but when they went into concrete the business model was to keep prices below market leader, CRH companies, much the same strategy as the insurance business - PMPA style, use the State as guarantor.

I am no begrudger at people who get rich honestly but the Quinns just dumped their debts on the State and do not give a damn about anyone else and even think they are entitled to get back involved with some of the successful companies now run properly by Quinn Industries, they would simply rape those companies if allowed back in.

Jack Walsh

if you really want to see what is been stolen from you pocket have a look around your capital city and see what your govt has handed to American vulture funds

How many people have you and Stanley ever employed , yep thought so , and no calling the plumber out to fix your tap does not count

This thread is about the Quinns, your straw man arguments are irrelevant.
Quinn was bankrupted.
He should start again from zero,that's the way it is, and if he makes a second fortune from a standing start, good for him.
If however as you allude, he is still worth a fortune, then that is clearly money that the state should have got to part pay his monumental losses. If you are dense enough to be happy to have people rob money out of your own pocket and cheer them on in doing so, fine.
Don't expect me to join you

You haven't clue about me but I can assure you I have paid far more in to this country than the Quinns have
But then again if I paid 10 cents in, I would still be at least 2 billion ahead of them in contribution to this country

stanley

Quinns gave nothing but tried to stuff their pockets and dump the cost on the State, nobody could control Daddy and he brought the whole show tumbling down.

stanley

"The Quinns had originally claimed that Anglo Irish Bank had illegally given them €2.35 billion in loans to prop up a stake in the bank before it failed. An execution of a judgment against the Quinns for €440 million was stayed in April on condition they help secure the return to IBRC of valuable assets in their international property group".

Reads like some kind of joke until you realise the bill is picked up by us, the taxpayers and our kids.

All the Quinns get is a dented ego.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies