Secret amnesty currently in operation for illegal immigrants?

chewns

It seems the government gave some kind of secret amnesty to large numbers of illegals living in Ireland.

The quote below is from an Irish Times piece about a Nigerian challenging the deportation of her "anchor baby".

The State, they allege, has operated an informal, effectively “secret”, process aimed at giving permission to remain to large numbers of undocumented migrants here for more than five years.
The boy was born in the State two months after his mother arrived in 2009 and a deportation order was made in 2011. The mother then initiated the first of three legal challenges to the proposed deportation and to subsequent refusals of the Minister to revoke it.

In the third case, it was argued that the State has put in place an undeclared and informal process aimed at giving permission to remain to large numbers of undocumented migrants here for more than five years.
Open the below link in "incognito window" to bypass the Irish Times article limit.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/supreme-court/supreme-court-to-hear-challenge-to-deportation-of-sick-child-1.3353362

Last edited:

hollandia

Zoo. Or merge with one of the many other "hordes of blacks/mass immigration" threads.

Catalpast

Leave to remain has been in place for years I'm afraid

The whole Asylum process is a shambles

- it should be scrapped ASAP

Make it so that you cannot come here unannounced and claim Asylum

If we have the capacity to absorb any more of them [& we don't]

- then they can apply in advance

- & we will let them know

D

Deleted member 48908

Amnesties can be a good thing. They encourage people to come out from the shadows and participate fully.

Barroso

This is about the undocumented Irish in the USA, isn't it?

Really, really good news so.

Half Nelson

What ever the rules are, they should be transparent.

Politicians and police forces have a history of abusing secret processes.

raetsel

It seems the government gave some kind of secret amnesty to large numbers of illegals living in Ireland.

The quote below is from an Irish Times piece about a Nigerien challenging the deportation of her "anchor baby".
Aaargh! My eyes are hurting......
Another racist loon struggling with basic literacy issues expresses opinions beyond his pay-grade.

redhead

So what? Ask the average person on the street and they couldn't care less.

It's only the angry young/middle-aged/old men of P.ie frothing at the mouth who are deeply concerned.

chewns

BACKTOBASICS

The biggest problem is the free legal aid issue - with lawyers pocketing badly needed (for them) money - and the taxpayer forced to pick up the tab - and qualifying people can bring contentious claims without a risk of a cost to themselves. What I cannot understand is how an illegal immigrant is in a position to do this and supported from all sides to undertake a claim and similarly other sectors qualifying.

The people not benefiting:

People with a job, even though the job does not pay that much - bringing a claim or fighting a claim could ruin them.

Victims of State misadventure.

The people who benefit:

Illegal migrants.

Travellers.

The unemployed.

Conclusion.

So therefore, if you enter this country legally (like for educational purposes) you have to apply for a visa - enter illegally and you get every help.

If you are genuine and decent in this forsaken country, you have no chance and no back-up from the liberal PC government agencies and politicians.

Now, can the politicians act to close this anomaly and exercise in taxpayer milking.

Last edited:

ionsniffer

any figures on Nigerians that are on some form of welfare?
are there any that aren't?

ionsniffer

What about our taxes being wasted in this manner - I doubt taxpayers are not concerned, unlike our politicians, State Agencies, and quangos.
I would half be satisfied if I knew why these people were in the country to begin with. there seems to be lax control on who and why people are here.

BACKTOBASICS

So what? Ask the average person on the street and they couldn't care less.

It's only the angry young/middle-aged/old men of P.ie frothing at the mouth who are deeply concerned.

do they or you pay taxes? - that is where the money to bring these cases is coming from - do you not care?

By the way, I am the average person on the street and I care.

Last edited:

chewns

any figures on Nigerians that are on some form of welfare?
are there any that aren't?
this is a few years old

One in five unemployed in 2011 were non Irish nationals · TheJournal.ie

Nigerians had the highest unemployment rate amongst non nationals at 39 per cent while nationals from the Nordic countries had the lowest rates.
Also:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/nigerians-send-nearly-500m-a-year-home-from-ireland-29278045.html

Nigerians send nearly €500m a year home from Ireland
That's an average of more than €26,000 for each of the 17,642 Nigerian nationals in Ireland, including children.
This is more recent, now up to 43%

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp11eoi/cp11eoi/lfnmfl/

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies