Secret Kincora boys' home files will not be released for 66 years

Apple in Eden

This is almost unbelievable unless you are familiar with the joke that calls itself Northern Irn.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
'Highly sensitive'... that is unlikely to concern the appalling decor at the home, it is fairly safe to say.

Mickeymac

'Highly sensitive'... that is unlikely to concern the appalling decor at the home, it is fairly safe to say.

The fact that the files will not be released for a further 66 years tells us all how deep and personal this scandal goes and whose names are attached to it.

Barroso

Unbelievable?
quite the opposite, I'd say.

After the publicity received by some of the big names connected with the home, and recent attempts to whitewash those big names, it is hardly surprising.

Mickeymac

Unbelievable?
quite the opposite, I'd say.

After the publicity received by some of the big names connected with the home, and recent attempts to whitewash those big names, it is hardly surprising.

The scumbags who hide these names from public scrutiny are the same AH's who would accuse Joe Public for speculating on such matters.

Barroso

There was a man on RTE liveline a few days ago. He had been in the Bethany home and was later adopted by a Belfast family.

He claimed he was raped by a man who later went on to be a Grandmaster of the Orange Order. The Presenter cut across him very quickly to change the subject.

Do you have a better link? that one seems generic, and searches with the words Bethany, rape, grandmaster, orange and order do not give me anything that looks relevant.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
It is just another way of continuing the state's part in abuse, really, both north and south of the border.

The same sort of strokes are pulled in the south by a government anxious not for disclosure and release from a gothic social past, but to cover-up and conceal evidence which could prove politically awkward.

Barroso

The scumbags who hide these names from public scrutiny are the same AH's who would accuse Joe Public for speculating on such matters.
If it was a court case, we'd have access to the information, but this way we are not even allowed to see a redacted version of the report.
What's the bets that some of those names that have been whitewashed appear in the report, including PM and government and religious ministers.

Observer B

It's pretty much out in the open about Mountbatten, so there must be some other pretty big skeletons still in the closet, MI5/6:

the secretary

There must be some serious shit in those files.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Nice to see the continued commitment to justice and the rule of law without fear or favour in these matters, ain't it?

What is it with politicians that they ritually appear on both sides of the border to believe that the answer to darkness is to make things ever darker by trying to hide the past.

There is only one cure for that sort of gothic darkness, and that is daylight, not more darkness.

Hillmanhunter1

It's pretty much out in the open about Mountbatten, so there must be some other pretty big skeletons still in the closet, MI5/6:

There is nothing about Mountbatten "out in the open" other than rumours and speculation, a lot of rumours and speculation, but no facts or evidence.

I wouldn't be surprised if considerations relevant to Mountbatten are at play.

Observer B

There is nothing about Mountbatten "out in the open" other than rumours and speculation, a lot of rumours and speculation, but no facts or evidence.

I wouldn't be surprised if considerations relevant to Mountbatten are at play.
I would agree with you if it was only rumors, but writers don't tend to put things into print unless they can back up what they print, unless they are very foolish. Robin Bryans put allegations of Mountbatten's pseudofile activities including activities at the Kincora Boys' Home, into print in Now magazine in 1990 - No one sued him or the magazine. Now a new book has come out: The Mountbattens: their Lives & Loves, and is written by Andrew Lownie. See here:

So, it will be interesting to see if anyone steps up to the plate to sue Andrew Lownie, or if it will be ignored. I'm betting on the latter.

I'd say they are more concerned that it would come out as fact that MI5/6 were blackmailing perpetrators and allowed the abuse to go on for years and who knew about that.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies